Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior

will it stay black or will it be released in green as well, never saw one in black used by the army. they usually just look black because the green is so dark. would be nice for realism purposes

Eble, your PM inbox is full. Could you contact me through email for example, tactical at nekromantix dot com is my address. Thanks.

OH58 looks to be shaping up real nice. Impressive work with the textures so far.

will it stay black or will it be released in green as well, never saw one in black used by the army. they usually just look black because the green is so dark. would be nice for realism purposes

It might be hard to judge the colour from the screen shots but it is infact a dark olive green.

And at the moment thats the colour I will be going with.

It works quite well, did some extensive flight testing yesterday and everyone seemed very happy with it.

One area I'm not happy at all about is the cockpit textures, the dials are covered with a light grey alpha channel colour I'm guessing, at night they are fine, daytime not so good.

Before release I'd like to tidy those up and get as much of the internal dials working as possible.

@snakeman inbox clear again mate.

Southy

brr. looks like reskined ofp conversion. am i right ? are you gona make all armed versions like in BAS release ?

ok eble sounds good, maybe at a later release touch up the texts a bit.

If you get the basics done I will be happy.

Basics:

1. Copilot/gunner can lase and shoot hellfire.

2. Pilot can shoot .50/rocks.

3. Copilot/gunner can lase for other aircraft/weapon systems.

4. It flies like a 58, not a AH-6.

If you get the basics done I will be happy.

Basics:

1. Copilot/gunner can lase and shoot hellfire.

2. Pilot can shoot .50/rocks.

3. Copilot/gunner can lase for other aircraft/weapon systems.

4. It flies like a 58, not a AH-6.

@folkmate – yes mate it’s just a reskinned BIS flashpoint Kiowa (start from page one and read forward, it explains whats happened over the last two weeks)

@thedog – all textures will be available at release so others can change the texture to what they like – personally I think a RACS camo would look really good.

@ Punisher5555

Basics:

1. Copilot/gunner can lase and shoot hellfire. (yes, done)

2. Pilot can shoot .50/rocks. (yes, done)

3. Copilot/gunner can lase for other aircraft/weapon systems. (yes done)

4. It flies like a 58, not a AH-6. (yes, person preference comes into it here, it’s heavier than a AH6 so if you try to fly it like an AH6 you will crash a fair bit)

The version that has 2 x hellfire, 1 x .50 cal can self lase hellfires, meaning it can target objects at will, be it houses/structures etc as well as the normal targets.

The other versions, can lase for any third party vehicle, be it the AV8 GBU harriers or any other addon that has laser lock weapons.

The hellfires can lock onto laser targets so ground units can lase for all the Kiowas carrying hellfires.

I’ll probably make all the weapon systems able to lock laser targets as I feel it will be better for close support of troops.

Southy

personally I think a RACS camo would look really good.

Southy

of course it would biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

So will the FCS be like the FCS in ACE?

No the FCS will be standard BIS (targetting done via the gunners opics in the mast mounted sight) as no scripts are used.

I beleive the ACE Mod uses Mandole missiles for the FCS system.

I'd love to put that into this addon, but I'm keeping this as basic as.

The addon at the moment does not use any scripts.

Southy

So will the FCS be like the FCS in ACE?

No the FCS will be standard BIS (targetting done via the gunners opics in the mast mounted sight) as no scripts are used.

I beleive the ACE Mod uses Mandole missiles for the FCS system.

I'd love to put that into this addon, but I'm keeping this as basic as.

The addon at the moment does not use any scripts.

Southy

Ah Mando missiles is a piece of cake to add any way. Personally I'd prefer to add it myself then to have it include. That way it's easier for you and there's less likely to be conflicts if things get to complicated.

Thanks Eble. I like how you are getting the basics done. I like your method of releasing a "base" OH-58D and then from there if you or anyone else wants to "upgrade" it you/they can.

Can't wait. Keep up the good work.

Note: You can ask on our website for sound. I know someone would record the actual sounds for you if you asked.

Thanks Eble. I like how you are getting the basics done. I like your method of releasing a "base" OH-58D and then from there if you or anyone else wants to "upgrade" it you/they can.

Can't wait. Keep up the good work.

Note: You can ask on our website for sound. I know someone would record the actual sounds for you if you asked.

Your spot on mate, with my basic ability I can get the Kiowa in game and usable, I'm then hoping the rest of community is able to add to it making it better and better.

As this is a BIS model all the MLOD's will be available on release, so with the textures and MLOD people can pretty much do as they like.

I would want it to be like Footmunch's F16 tho, so all the additions are retained in one thread, so we don't end up with 36 versions of the kiowa with conflicting class names.

I know for a fact a few little niggles will be in the addon from release that someone no doubt could fix in 2 secs flat, but they aren't game breaking in my opinion so the release will be proceeding as planned.

Southy

well am looking forward to the release of it and when i have the time Southy i have a Mk1 viper i need ya to the animated work on it for me m8e ill pm ya laters wink_o.gif

Now released, please refer completed addons section.

Southy

Mods please arrange for this thread to be closed.