Sign in to follow this  
subs17

Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals

Anyone here know if its possible for me to get my Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals to work with Arma. I'm using them with a Cougar Hotas.

i ran into this yesterday...doing early mission where u need to take out some armor at night..find secret documents and decide to steal the chopper sitting in same camp. jump in, realise joystick n pedals isnt setup, tab out, setup joystick, tabback in, take off - no bl00dy rudder. Cant set it up in game, or by using the saitek sst software. I cant even get the rudder on the x52 stick itself to work.

quick search on this forum reveals this question has been raised many times - arma only allows one joystick device. people seem to be using ppjoy to get around this, but thats not an option for vista64, which sadly i am using.

You don't need those programs. PM me and I will send you the screenshots on how to set it up. I have helped many others with this problem.

I wish I knew how to just add some simple pics to my posts without linking to some url site. Then I would just show everyone without them having to PM and such.

Cant set it up in game, or by using the saitek sst software. I cant even get the rudder on the x52 stick itself to work.

That's strange. I have the non pro version and the stick rudder works fine. Perhaps the Pro version's rudder axis is an entirely new device on the pro stick.

I wish I knew how to just add some simple pics to my posts without linking to some url site. Then I would just show everyone without them having to PM and such.

Thanks for your PM. Upload (you need to login) your image to the BIKI and provide the URL. I've done it here.

Rudder problems here too.

Until yesterday I used to play flight sims with CH pro pedals attached to Hotas Cougar. The setup has the advantage of Windows & Arma seeing it as one device --> no problems.

Then I updated my worn out Cougar to X52 pro, pedals and throttle quadrant...no joy. Trying to use X52 stick twist as a rudder is like learning to walk again  sad_o.gif

Since I've found no virtual stick software that would work in Vista x64, I guess I have to wait for either Saitek or someone of the tech wizards here to come up with a solution.

edit: typos

I'd rather rez this thread that create a new one, hope it's ok.

I have found a solution to use my Saitek 52 Pro with my Saitek pedals as an analog axis in Arma, that finally works for me in Vista 32, only using the Saitek provided drivers and programming software. It might work with other pedals I suppose with Vista64 drivers, and probably other brand pedals might too.

Previously I have spent quite some time trying various other solutions I have found on the net and these forums. PPJoy+PPJoyJoy didn't work for me, maybe because it's Vista, maybe because the X52Pro still has more buttons than the virtual joystick it creates, but ArmA still prefers the original Saitek to the virtual one and the pedal rudders don't work.

Another solution was to create bands on the pedals and use them emulate the keyboard (explained in the Saitek SST manual), but it wasn't smooth enough for me.

The solution was to use the pedals profile editor to make the rudders emulate the mouse X axis. As a reminder, make sure you have downloaded the Saitek pedals drivers from their site, even if the pedals are recognized by the OS when you plug them in without the drivers. You need the little applet called "Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals" in your task bar.

Anyway, create yourself a profile for the pedals, then go to the line that says "Rudder", and set it to "Mouse X". Save, then load it into the pedals with the Saitek Profiler applet. Then launch Arma, then go to configure the controls for "Left Pedal". Of course moving the rudder won't be registered by ArmA, the mouse cursor will move instead. All is not lost, on the left pane you will see a lot of controls, just drag and drop the "Mouse Left" control into the defined keys windows. Voila. Now do the same for the right pedal, then remove the Mouse left/right controls from Left Turn and Right Turn. Now we're set.