Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

FDF MOD

Hi all, I currently downloaded the FDF MOD V 1.4 from filefront.ofp site.

After extracting to desktop, it just lists the directory of FDF MOD. There is no run ICON, or the .exe icon to play it.

How do I turn the directory into a run ICON so I can play it?

Thanks all.

Ok it works now, for the FDF MOD, now new errors are occuring.

Here is an image when I exit the mission editor.

Error Image [ Click here ]

Here is what happens when I try to insert an AFDF (Artic Finnish defense force) soldier.

Error Image [ Click here ]

So problem: Why isn't it letting me load any addons? It always gives me some error like that? Thank you.. smile_o.gif

Is the FDFmod mod folder called 'finmod' in your OFP directory? My friend used to have similiar problems and it was solved by renaming the mod folder to that.

If it is and you still keep getting those errors, your installation may be corrupted... Try reinstalling / redownloading the mod.

Refer to the installation instructions. You need FDFmod 1.3, then the 1.4 update.

The archive of 1.4 only contains the ww2 units and weapons, but has the modern units defined in the updated main config so you can see them in the editor but can't use them.

I'm sorry to say this mod has too many bugs and it's messed up the instructions don't help..

I extract everything into my OFP directory and run FDF MOD but no addons load maybe except for 1 and the MOD crashes to the desktop while it's still running so you click back to it and it still crashes back..

Installed

V 1.3 , 1.4 and addons pack, still the addons do not load when I go into the FDF game it's self...

I just dont' know how to make up the folders in the OFP directory to make the game run properly..

It's too confusing for me but anyone want to give it a shot feel free..

It's probably a corrupt download or you installed it wrong.

All FDF mod files should go under /ofp/finmod/ in their respective sub-folders like:

finmod/addons/

finmod/bin/

finmod/sounds/

etc...

Except single missions, they go under ofp/missions/

Post a screen cap of your finmod folders.

If you suspect file corruption, you can check the MD5 sums of the files before installation.

The page http://www.fdfmod.org/downloads.html tells you the correct MD5 sums for the 1.3 and 1.4 installation packages.

When you run a MD5 sum calculating program on the files, the sums should match exactly. If they don't match exactly then the file is not the same and you shouldn't try to install it. Re-download possibly from another server and check the MD5 sum again and repeat until the MD5 sum matches exactly.

Here's more info about MD5: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

Having done that, installed, and still doesn't work, then report here and people will help you more.

FDF Mod works very well, it is a high-quality mod and you shouldn't give up easily. If the instructions are confusing then people will help you. There's also the http://forums.fdfmod.org/ if you want to search it for more information and help.