Sign in to follow this  
nikita320106

@AIX. Another one AI addon.

AI eXtension 0.5/b.

Alternative AI addon.

Theoretically, this is intended to force AI to be more aware, and more co-ordinated in firefight.

But in practice, it has finished to beta was not irreproachably … even is worst))

Addon contains 2 parts. 1 part changing animations, or just disabled:

* Animation «slow run with the weapon down» - in any direction,

* And animation «moving on kneeling  with weapon ready »-forward and backward.

In my opinion, it is the most unnatural animations in ARMA. If it's not pleasant to you, just remove aix_anims.pbo.

Script’s part of addon should force AI:

* to search for covers under fire,

* unmount from vehicle,

* shoot machinegunners (if squad has APC or car – gunners in vehicle, too) mach more,

* and sharing targets after firefight.

Searching targets  in buildings - not finished, therefore - just disabled.

Addon in any way, doesn't change waypoints, or units and weapons parametres, and it should be compatible with any others addons and mods in SP.

Do not writen, and not tested in MP.

You can correct, tweaks, or completely rewrite  this addon, any way, if you want)

link

nice video with the text messages in between

yet as for any AI change hard / to impossible to see

hope that the AI tweakers notice it and pick it up to share

their feedback

i´ve been testing it, those are the things I saw:

* when you put a squad with a vehicle the soldiers begin to embark and dissenbark, for so much time. I putted a squad a vehicle and a waypoint.

*When youre the commander of a squad your mates do not follow your orders, the do what they want.

* I seems that the scripts are active over you and your squad mates. all the time.

* the cover system seems to work propperly, but the soldiers do the same dummie thing than in vanilla and atack the enemy at charge. yo will have to prevent them from go away their group and try to fight alone.

*Other problem is that the soldiers shoot at walls if they know thats a enemy behind. You´ll have to make a script to check at certain time if the objective is killed or not. if not to abort firing and move to bether position.

For now those are my thoughts.

I can only say you than its a good beginning just try to improve it. Maybe you can do a good Ai addon.

For my this addon to be perfect needs:

1.The cover system. But in bigger range: if i become shooted and i want to preserve my life why not runing a few meters to take cover?? 50m??

2.suppresion system. I think it has no?

3.launch smoke/flares. Like Vfai

4.prevent ai to attack alone.

5.Respect to the original waypoints

6.respect to the original combat mode and formation set in waypoints.

7.Finding cover in houses, patrolling houses to find enemies.

8. most important be fully MP compatible. not make many lagg... those are my tips

Good luck i´ll be looking at this topic to download newer versions and make some test

Regards from spain!!! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]yet as for any AI change hard / to impossible to see

promotions only for interest)) a reality is too unattractive))

Quote[/b] ] when you put a squad with a vehicle the soldiers begin to embark and dissenbark, for so much time. I putted a squad a vehicle and a waypoint
ok i check it more
Quote[/b] ]prevent ai to attack alone
this is my priority too))
Quote[/b] ]soldiers shoot at walls if they know thats a enemy behind.
this in config weapons params and i not planning to change something on this//only for compatibility reasons
Quote[/b] ] about waypoint
- anything in my script does not change waypoints but/ I need to test it more, of course

certainly) i need more working on it)