Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

Robert 23, BC Central, respond Code 3 to 10-31

wow, amazing work, hope some rpg-mission going to use this

Quote Oxide:

Delta hawk,

A few friends and i saw the release of your crown victorias. We downloaded them and tried them out they're lovely the detail you put into them are well just breath taking. Theres only a few problems that i can notice.

When you open the door sometimes it doesnt let you get out no matter what, and the other....

This is a biggey they do not work in multiplayer at all.

The lights and sirens are client side only ie; you can have them on but no one else sees them etc.

If you can fix these this be awesome.

Regards,

Oxide

How to use siren in other than me car in editor? I read "read me" but I don't understand biggrin_o.gif Can you write me simpler version? biggrin_o.gif

I also have problem with "escape" from car. Sometimes when I stop, and I open driver door I can't leave the car. I don't have this options in command list confused_o.gif

i cant get the lights to work on empty cars as well (as stated before)

i was wondering maybe you could make a US Military Police car (just the simple version like the LAPD patrol car in plain od green with white letters Military Police on it )?

just seen pictures of the newer type MP car its complete white with a red stripe on its doors in the middle of the stripe it says POLICE and just on top of the word police it says military

here is a link to the pic.

http://flickr.com/photos/22421801@N00/44096104

that crown vic is the marine corps base camp pendleton MP from around 2006. In fact looks like Pulgas where they are at. Pendleton switch to the Chevy impala i believe sometime in 2007. But, i hate Pendleton with a passion, so i will never make a pendleton MP. However, if someone makes a map with a military base then I will make a car for that particular map. It'll probably look like Fort Hood's mps.

For the unmarked detectives cars, use this

this animate ["ani_siren", 1], this exec "\DHI_FordCV\scripts\whelensiren.sqs", this exec "\DHI_FordCV\scripts\decklightsaux2.sqs", this exec "\DHI_FordCV\scripts\decklights.sqs"

For just the lights, use this

this animate ["ani_siren", .5], this exec "\DHI_FordCV\scripts\decklightsaux2.sqs", this exec "\DHI_FordCV\scripts\decklights.sqs"

If the car locks you in, close the door and look up at the ceiling to decrease the game lag, and then open the door.

This is an excellent release.

My only gripes are:

-Everything about these cars are client side (lights, sirens, etc.)

-There is really weird shadow that blocks the windshield of the GPD P71 patrol car at night time. Can't see through the shadow.

First of all, I'll have to say these addons are great, and its great to have many addons makers put their time to make high quality addons, especially for a community...

I've been reading and people have been saying that this addon's features  (ex. Sirens Lights etc) only work client side...

Is this a bug or intended feature? The only reason I ask is that DeltaHawk comment earlier on the "loudness" of the sirens was:

Quote[/b] ]Yes, this siren is very loud because in multi-player, you want people to hear it.

and noticed he didn't address the whole multi-player compatibility issue yet, unless it was already done behind close doors or something =)

*edit* has anyone attempted to contact DeltaHawk and help him out by editting the config for use on multiplayer?

I've been trying to find some people to fix the issue. I understand the client side issue is what is really killing this addon. I am not an experiance scripter, just someone who put two and two together. My strength is in modeling and textureing.

Hopefully this issue will be fixed. If you think you might be able to fix it, let me know and we'll talk.

I have a friend who beleive's he's fixed the issue.

We were going to test them then contact you is successful.

I'll PM you with a private download link when we've tested them if you like Delta.

Contact me on MSN if you like Delta, I'm already on your list, screenname is "Captain Kirby" in Russian. Friend of Tate's if you remember me.

HELP i need help adding the hubcaps laptop screen and speed radar numbers will someone please walk me through it

downloaded the Ford interceptors and it's a great kit. I just have one question though. I'm in the prosses of creating a mission and I wonder if you can tell me how to set the police units to turn there lights on with me being in control of the units?