Sign in to follow this  
dren

Making own town names

I saw once in arma wiki page how to create town/city/hill etc marker with custom name.

But sadly i cant find it anywhere...

So can anyone rember to page or know how to add those in via editor?

like if i add castle in sahrani and i want to add castle marker over it, how to do it?

Hmmm seemly i remembered it wrong...

Is there way to use this via editor (edisitn mission.sqm) or script?

As i stated above, i want to create new VillageName's etc in ie. Sahrani

Dren, that is what it does. You execute some script code somewhere within a mission, and you have a new location (including text on the in game map).

From memory, unfortunately you cannot manipulate the default locations that are defined within Sahrani's config file.

Thanks all (specially DR.Eyeball and BarmyArmy).

heres script for you all.

you can place invisible helipad on map and add this to its initline

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this call compile format["locn = createLocation [""ViewPoint"", position _this, %1, %1]; locn setText ""%2""; locn setName ""%2"";locn setDirection 0;",200,"Location name"];

next one is, is it possible to change color of the text?

Do you have an example code?

Try:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

myLocation = createLocation ["NameVillage", getPos player, 100, 100];

myLocation setText "Without defining this text, the location will not be visible on the map.";

etc.

All the location commands should be grouped in the location command group.

Quote[/b] ]next one is, is it possible to change color of the text?

AFAIK you can't without creating a custom config (addon). I am not familiar with any script command that can create a new class definition or overwrite an existing class. I would assume the default ones are read only anyway (and they are also used to display the locations defined in the current terrain's class).

However, Kronzky changed my text in the wiki from "...[location type class properties] cannot be changed using script commands" to "...[location type class properties] can be changed using script commands" huh.gif

Maby the Master himself could clear us a bit then wink_o.gif

This would be lovely for changing town name color by who owns it (blufor or opfor).

we shall wait..