Sign in to follow this  
SMERSH

Windmill structures pack

db4b53aa8e0a.jpg

These structures were created specially for those people who does islands.

Into packing enters a little structures entering into one group, the main thing from which - Windmill.

All models - MLOD.

- Windmill

- wooden fence

- well

- the small house

- the cart

I hope someone can make Windmill with working wings.

Thanks for attention)

f43fda8413aft.jpg

ec9b09722283t.jpg

SAR_Windmill (4Mb)

Sarmat Studios has done a great job on these object packs recently! Good job!

I'm sorry for playing devils advocat but in it's actual state i wouldn't use it ingame, except cinematics maybe.

No doubt, the models are extremely well, also are the textures. The creator deserves respect for this.

Nonetheless it has serious problems with either the Geo LOD or the Fire LOD (i'm not that familiar so sorry if i name the wrong) since there are parts where you should be able to shoot through but you can't.

As example the Windmill: when going inside the mill, you can't shoot through the "fence" (don't know correct name but i guess you know what i mean) although there is no logical reason why you shouldn't be able.

Also some objects allows to shoot through (small house, chariot). I didn't tested it with AI so i can't say how it works with them.

These are annoying problems since they can massively influence gameplay in a negative way.

So my request to the creator: rework these things to make an really good addon perfect. As it is now, i can't recommend it for gaming.

89a54e54d79et.jpg

I am glad to inform about a closing -up above the  version 2.0

Now Windmill - works!

The blades rotate and the mechanisms inside Windmill rotate.

Large thanks for it - oneoff

For advice and support of thanks - bdfy

I have corrected mistakes which you have written.

As I have replaced small haus with the large wooden house.

I hope the version 1.0 to you it is pleasant)

- Windmill

- wooden fence

- well

- Large wooden house.

- the cart

Version 1.0 (8Mb)

Good improvements, also like the anims although there are a few things to correct:

- Windmill wings goes at bottom through the hous while turning. This is of cosmetical nature and not important. It just looks weird.

- In the inside, at the rotating axis, theres a part not rotating as it should...look up, approx 3 meters above ground, the wooden cross there (if you don't get it i might add a pic). Also this is cosmetical nature.

- The millstone should also rotate. I bet you can do this easily as you already did the other anims.

And finally, one thing that is kinda important: the windmill has this part which is supposed to turn the mill into wind direction. At the end it rests on 2 piles (don't know correct word) and there the Geo LOD or Fire LOD needs rework as the bullet blocking part is much bigger than the visible LOD.

About the other changing, i see you removed the bullet blocking part. Can you insert a part so it fits with the visible handrails/fence part?

Besides this, glad to see you're working on it and you improve it as good as you can.