Sign in to follow this  
dmakatra

Floating Zone Restriction?

Hi!

Since the floating zone can be turned on and off by the player, is it possible to force it to be on or off by the server? Because turning it off can give a massive advantage when playing without crosshairs, especially in CQB.

I really like the floating zone, and so does a lot of other players, but in order for me to play on the same terms as everybody else - I have to turn it off. confused_o.gif

well, if you should be able to force that on or off (or a setting inbetween ), you'd have to be able to turn of track ir serverside as well.....

The float zone is a personal setting, just like having the sub's show up on the radio messages and so on.

In my opinnion, it should stay a client side config.

I agree, client side only. With low poerformance its IMPOSSIBLE to aim or move easily, so if a server had it on, I'd not be able to play on it.

Maybe just have it on, but toned down alot, insted of off totaly?

I don't think you'll ever want to force anyone to use the floating zone. I turned that off on day one and would be pretty worthless at aiming due to the disorientation.

While I respect your opinions, your replies don't really answer my question. I am well aware that there are players who prefer to turn off the floating zone, but that is not my issue.

I simply want to see if there's a solution to what I think should be an option to be set server side - should the server administrator want to set it.

I doubt very much you'll find a server setting for this. It's my belief that the devs simply made this a user preference, where each client can do as they please with it.

One good thing...you made me go back and play with it. I set the float to 1/4 and now I love it! Thanks! When I tried it a long time ago, I set it to 100% and thought it was sick.

While I respect your opinions, your replies don't really answer my question. I am well aware that there are players who prefer to turn off the floating zone, but that is not my issue.

I simply want to see if there's a solution to what I think should be an option to be set server side - should the server administrator want to set it.

No and there never will be. smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif