Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Invasion Warfare

UPDATED 10th June 2009

invasiontop.jpg

Invasion Warfare 6

* New version 6 released after implementing Inv44 mod adding "Flares Fire Mission" (no NVG's in 1944) and many ai-related fixes *

Invasion Warfare is based on Oden Warfare 2.01 but changes the initial sequence of the game and reverts the 3 sided Conflict of the original Warfare to a 2 sided situation where normally West and Resistance fights East.

Invading part starts with only 2 cities but 10x the start money while the Defending part already controls the remaining towns.

Invader needs to swiftly gain control over atleast half the region before the Defenders gets their resources up and access heavier equipment.

Play as East, West or Resistance.

East and West still needs to build their base but Resistance have all "factories" available at each Depot.

Server admin may select west or East as invader and also a "max 5 lifes" mode usually adding more teamplay :-) - not recommended in PvP play and when activated it is advisable to turn off the "group respawn".

Available for Schmalfelden, Isla Barbuda, OFM Uhao, North and South Sahrani and Omaha Beach*.

Besides vanilla BIS version there is also available packs for for Inv44, OdenBIS, Oden, FDF, 76th VDV and a mix of those.

"OdenBIS" is a very small config addon for BIS units adding First Aid, disposable AT-4, Refleks ATGM in T-72B and lots of minor adjustments - see site for detailed info

"Oden" is a Swedish Army Addon by me (duh!wink_o.gif featuring Ak 5 series assault rifles and Swedish infantry along with a load of simple retextured BIS vehicles such as Stridsvagn 123 Abrams and Hkp19 Little Bird with 4x TOW missiles - fake but fun.

*** download ***

Download basic addon free version

Download inv44 version

Download FDF version

Download 76VDV version

Detailed information and other downloads (mixed mods):

Oden House Addons and Missions

/theOden

Edited by [ASA]ODEN
Invasion Warfare 6

Thanks just had a quick go at this and so far I love it. Ill report back when i have played a bit more.

I just had a quick play of your mission and really liked what I saw.

After having a play around I depbo'd the mission and had a look under the bonnet, so to speak. I was wondering how I'd go about evening up the sides to 10 per and returning the RACS to a more democratic "I hate everybody"?

We've became hooked on the full Island East invades West.

It has a "defend the base" feel, in the early stages.

Is this mission still being worked on?

Yes, I'm still working on it but since it was no huge success over here I just stopped updating this thread.

Current version is release 1 and internal revision 2 will show up as Invasion Warfare 3 as soon as time allows (2 kids cost time :-) ).

New versions will come with vanilla BIS, odenBIS, @Oden (swedish infantry and weapons plus BIS vehicles retextures to swe camo), FDF and most probably Russian VDV mix version.

latest feature is fast time with dynamic weather (not skiptime that is) and some other small stuff I can't remember as I type.

Also noticed the FDF version was "defect" - will fix, sorry all finns.

I've only tried it playing SP, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Only the ai isn't that smart yet sad_o.gif

Nice to hear KingNL.

I've tried to make AI groups a bit more swift in their action primarily by putting them to better fast travel spots and also proceeding faster after occupying a town.

Please try Invasion Warfare 5 as linked in updated first post.

Changes from Invasion Warfare 4:

* MG Nests fixed (empty and/or getting out too soon)

* AI Fast Travel to towns FT-accessable from target town (less "run over the mountain for an hour or so")

* AI groups improved (more vehicles and BMP-2 have 5 soldiers etc.)

* Tanks and such comes with Commander (3-man crew)

* AI teams disembark 200m from target

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks

/theOden

ahh good i really like this version, and thanks for portingt o different islands.. getting so tired of sarani need a holiday somewhere else.

Ill play a bit and let you know how i get on.

Just updated first post announcing Invasion Warfare 6 including Inv44 and Omaha Beach.

As the sole betatester I have to say fighting in flickering Flare lights during night is very nice :-)

Flare mission is 5 rounds 25 seconds apart (also added to all other packs).

Have fun.

Edit: Two known issues, Time of Day is wrong from other players when you JIP and at times there is an error when opening buy menu.

I am looking into it but with no errors, it wouldn't be an Oden Production :)

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

No, no ArmA2 version on the horizon.

I had a brief look and even the menu system fails hard in ArmA2 along with almost all warfare objects.

It looks like way too much work to get this up-n-running in ArmA2 :(

Just discovered your mission here... I really like the idea!

I've never been a huge Warfare fan, but turning it into an Invasion really adds something. It reminds me a lot of Axis and Allies (the board game). Germany and Japan, starting out with a huge military buildup but far less income than the Allies, must lash out and take over the pourous Allied territory quickly, before the economic might of the Allies becomes too much and overwhelmes them.

On top of all this coolness, the idea of a Coop game with a scant five lives per player really sounds appealing. Especially when compared to the old stand-by of countinuous respawn (yawn), or the whole one kill perma-death and you get to sit there and watch your buddy for hours (fine for short scenerios but extremely frusterating for long missions).

Very good ideas here... can't wait to check this out! :D

Edited by MadRussian

really been enjoying the WW2 version, stopped me playing arma2 for a bit.

Shame your not doing an arma2 invasion standard version would love to see that.

We are finishing the Patch for ARMA, then moving to ARMA2.