animalica

"Bundeswehr" Mod

I used the search function to see if there is already an topic about the "Bundeswehr" mod (german federal armed forces) now called BW-mod but nothing came up.

So I`m starting this one. smile.gif

This seems to me the far advanced mod regarding models and quality except "Invasion 1944".

The scenary should be in the formerly Yugoslavia because the enemy are the serbian (?) forces.

Not an very realistic scenario because the BW didn`t fight there but it looks good.

My reason to start this topic was this very good picture of car models with an Mercedes Benz "Wolf" (G300?) and an VW 181 "Kuebelwagen" (The Thing):

WolfKuebel.jpg

wow.gif Drool!

For more informations and impressive 3D models go to http://www.bwmod.de.vu

No way Hondas over VWs. Maybe Acuras, but for myself nothing beats a Jetta VR6(?) Not sure the actual name. Unless we are talking about an Audi A8 smile.gif. See here I'm in Calgary Alberta and a good 4wd car is needed to drive year around. No need for little rockets only to get stuck in the snow wink.gif

COLINMAN

Yesterday I tried the BW-Mod homepage again on my big PC

(now I`m surfing with my old crappy `96 laptop in the comfortable living room) and discovered that the Union Jack on the main page doesn`t change to english language. sad.gif

So here are my instructions to look for more models:

At the mainpage http://www.bwmod.de.vu click only on "Download" if you got no Flash installed, then click "Vollbild" for fullscreen and "Window" is for... yes, an windowed version.

On the new screen there will be an bar on the left with different sections.

"In Arbeit" means "in progress", there you can find unfinished 3D models.

"Waffen" means "weapons", there you can find finished 3D models.

"Fahrzeuge" means "vehicles", there you can find finished 3D models.

Under "Download" you can find desktop backgrounds and an trailer which shows an "Gepard" (AA tank) and an "Leopard 1A5".

And under "Forum/Chat" you can post an new topic when the website will be available in english language! wink.gif

And here I found a few more screenshots of the models:

Leopard 2A5:

http://www.jensrumpf.de/4players/leo2a5_1.jpg

http://www.jensrumpf.de/4players/leo2a5_2.jpg

BTR-70:

http://www.jensrumpf.de/4players/btr-70.jpg

PT-76:

http://www.jensrumpf.de/4players/pt-76.jpg

Maybe we will see it at the end of the year or at the beginning of the next year...

And I think that the Vw 181 is today out of service and is replaced by boring Opel Vectra`s.

But the Thing rocks - an friend of mine got an pink one - where there is no rust. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Jan. 07 2002,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This seems to me the far advanced mod regarding models and quality except "Invasion 1944".<span id='postcolor'>

ahh,, you haven't seen Operation Vietnam then??

Operation Vietnam

The BW mod looks really promising.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Jan. 08 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This seems to me the far advanced mod regarding models and quality except "Invasion 1944".<span id='postcolor'>

ahh,, you haven't seen Operation Vietnam then??

Operation Vietnam

The BW mod looks really promising.<span id='postcolor'>

Ooops! wow.gif

The last time I visited their website was at the days of the OFP V1.0 release... and then I never heard something of them again.

UH-1, Hercules, dirt bunker... biggrin.gif

Good that you remind me of them! smile.gif

I don`t care if an scenario is realistic or not as long as it`s good.

There are some new model screenshots:

mp5a4.jpg

HK-MP5A4

seaking.jpg

Seaking (raw model)

luchs.jpg

Luchs "Lynx" (raw model)

That link at the bottom of animalica's don't seem to work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Mar. 04 2002,18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That link at the bottom of animalica's don't seem to work.<span id='postcolor'>

What link are you talking about?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Mar. 05 2002,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.bwmod.de.vu/<-------- this one<span id='postcolor'>

I got Win`98 and IE 6.X and it still works fine, but there are two more links which lead to their homepage:

http://www.bw-mod.de

and

http://www.bwmod.de

I posted in their german Forum in an thread where they discuss if they should launch an english section or not.

And I also read about uploading the english section of the homepage (about the mod and units) so be patient or use my instructions how to navigate through the website:

At the mainpage http://www.bwmod.de.vu click only on "Download" if you got no Flash installed, then click "Vollbild" for fullscreen and "Window" is for... yes, an windowed version.

On the new screen there will be an bar on the left with different sections.

"In Arbeit" means "in progress", there you can find unfinished 3D models.

"Waffen" means "weapons", there you can find finished 3D models.

"Fahrzeuge" means "vehicles", there you can find finished 3D models.

Under "Download" you can find desktop backgrounds and an trailer which shows an "Gepard" (AA tank) and an "Leopard 1A5".

Maybe I should start an new thread (in english) in their forum where people which don`t understand german vote for an english based section.

Maybe it helps...

Hi I am working for the Bw Mod and I can make the announcement that we are working on the English HP. We will release it soon. But i cant give you a certain date. When it will be uploaded.

But if you need any information or help with the page just conntact me via ICQ: 126826844

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MadMage @ Mar. 12 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">by now the english homepage is online, and the Forum has an english part by now...<span id='postcolor'>

The unofficial How to register at the BW-Mod Forum manual wink.gif:

To post in the BW-Mod forum you had to register.

To register click here!

On this page you will see the usual mumbo-jumbo for an forum.

To agree click Einverstanden or if you don`t want to register click Abbrechen - don`t click the last one! wink.gif

Then you got to choose your desired username, next field your e-mail, repeat e-mail, desired password and the last field is repeating your desired password.

If your data is correct click Senden to submit your data or Loschen to erase your data.

Then you will receive an e-mail by largocmx@gmx.de with the headline Registrierung im BW-Mod Forum (Registration at the BW-Mod Forum).

In this e-mail you will find two links to activate your account at the BW-Mod forum - the first one is for non AOL user, while the second one is for AOL user only.

After inserting one of this links in your webbrowser you will be at the BW Mod forum.

If you scroll to the bottom you will find the english based section of the board divided into three subsections.

Choose the right subsection which fits to your questions, suggestions etc and feel free to post or reply.

That`s it! Is this foolproof enough? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Mar. 16 2002,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MadMage @ Mar. 12 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">by now the english homepage is online, and the Forum has an english part by now...<span id='postcolor'>

The unofficial How to register at the BW-Mod Forum manual wink.gif:

To post in the BW-Mod forum you had to register.

To register click here!

On this page you will see the usual mumbo-jumbo for an forum.

To agree click Einverstanden or if you don`t want to register click Abbrechen - don`t click the last one! wink.gif

Then you got to choose your desired username, next field your e-mail, repeat e-mail, desired password and the last field is repeating your desired password.

If your data is correct click Senden to submit your data or Loschen to erase your data.

Then you will receive an e-mail by largocmx@gmx.de with the headline Registrierung im BW-Mod Forum (Registration at the BW-Mod Forum).

In this e-mail you will find two links to activate your account at the BW-Mod forum - the first one is for non AOL user, while the second one is for AOL user only.

After inserting one of this links in your webbrowser you will be at the BW Mod forum.

If you scroll to the bottom you will find the english based section of the board divided into three subsections.

Choose the right subsection which fits to your questions, suggestions etc and feel free to post or reply.

That`s it! Is this foolproof enough? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Or you could simply use a translation-service like Babelfish.

NurEinMensch:

"Or you could simply use a translation-service like Babelfish."

Babblefish? <!--emo&wink.gif

If you want to take a laugh it`s good, if you want to translate something it`s poor to crap.

If you want to translate only a few words I would recommend Babylon Translator ( www.babylon.com ).

Useful to translate between many languages. smile.gif

i dont know if this exists or if it is just something they made for the movie, but the film Resident Evil features a shorty G36 and a G36 with grenade launcher.. perhaps our german freinds can comment on this?

Best solution would be to visit the BW-Mod homepage and forum to find answers or ask questions. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know if this exists or if it is just something they made for the movie, but the film Resident Evil features a shorty G36 and a G36 with grenade launcher<span id='postcolor'>

Both weapons exist the short version of G 36 is called G 36 K

(the k stands AFAIK for "kurz - german for short" and the grenade launcher is easy to attach to the normal G 36.