Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

My AI Suppression Script...

SO yea...

I was farting around with making my own AI Suppression and came up with this nifty script using Mapfact's invisible target addon.

It basically lays down random fire in a left to right, back and forth pattern. The only up down variance is from the recoil from the weapon so it stays pretty much around the same height and looks realistic enough to me.

When used on multiple gunners it also lets you have seperate fields of fire wich is kinda neat. Can overlap etc...with ease.

Anyway I got the basics working Now I just need to work on its "ease of use" and see if I can make it plug&play for a mission.

Heres a video for everyone to check out:

Ai Suppression Vid

Let me know how it looks. biggrin_o.gif

Well it's nice to see, that you are interested in scripting, but belive me, there are much enough Suppression scripts avalible for ArmA.

It must really be a very very "Brilliant" and effective Suppression script, to get interest of somebody.

So don't let get you down, if not that many people replay to your thread as you was hoping...

Continue your work and enhance your script. wink_o.gif

The more the merrier.

People need to learn and actually his version can be better than

released versions. wink_o.gif

(standalone, less resource use, more dynamic etc)

Anyway I recommend you to make a new view:

1) Have SIX tracers active to see better whats going on.

2) Create better situation to see the difference / script in effect.

3) You could use kegs cam script addon version to make tracers

very visible.

yea its the exact same setup with the script turned off. The part you have to notice is that the AI arent "targeting" anyone they are just spraying from left to right. but its actually still taking out alot of people. I think that may be mostly because I have them set not to go prone and just charge the guns lol. But yea I am still perfecting it and your right my goal is to make a stand alone one without the need for a WHOLE mod. I will also be doing a script for "Suppressed AI" or on the recieving end.

I was thinking about just having it force AI to go prone and forcing ceasefire until the shooter reloads. maybe throw in a chance to break that with higher skill level.