Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Ace mod warfare

I have a fix for it if I can obtain permission from the Ace mod guys.

Right now, After AI controlled units die that are Ace mod units, they respawn back at the base and get stuck because their class names don't match the ones BIS made in the warfare pbo in the config. Same deal with the sounds. Some of you may have noticed while trying to play ace warfare, you get "VoteForNewCommader" sound missing and other sound related errors. This fix will address that.

Hopefully we can get their okay.

-Rip

Hi Rip31st,

The sound problem was reported to ACE already and was fixed by Sickboy. It will be in the upcoming ACE patch.

I already fixed the problem with respawning AI being stuck in WACO ACE v1.1.5f. It's a matter of calling enableAI a couple of time after respawn.

Here is the code I added for ACE compatability. This is really a work-around until ACE will release a patch that allows us to add the Warfare OnPlayerConnected entry to ACE's instead of overriding it. That will fix a lot of compatability issues. Anyway, the code. I added the lines from the // ACE: comment.

In Server/AI/Advanced/Advanced_UpdateSquadRespawn.sqf, from line 20 and onward:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

while {!IsPlayer Leader _team} do

{

WaitUntil {!Alive Leader _team || IsPlayer Leader _team};

if (!IsPlayer Leader _team) then

{

_body = Leader _team;

WaitUntil {Alive Leader _team || IsPlayer Leader _team};

if (!IsPlayer Leader _team) then

{

_leader = Leader _team;

_leader SetPos GetMarkerPos _respawnMarker;

Sleep 14;

// ACE: prevent unconscious leader after respawn

_leader setVariable ["ACE_unconscious", false];

_leader setCaptive false;

_leader enableAI "TARGET";

_leader enableAI "AUTOTARGET";

_leader enableAI "MOVE";

Doomguy

I will give it a try and report back.  I just though since ACE mod classes and warfare classes don't match AI won't move unless they are warfare class.  Problem is I've replaced all 32 slots with ACE'd soldiers.

REPORT: works well!

Thx!

Hopefully Ace mod addresses the sound issue in their update like you said.

How did you fix this?

"It turns out that the Mando Missile HUD that's shown in helo's and planes causes a client side script to halt (forever). That script should update the actions the player can do, like buying at factories." -Doomguy

What scripting addresses this? We have the same problem...thx

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully Ace mod addresses the sound issue in their update like you said.

How did you fix this?

Unpack ace_version.pbo and edit CfgSounds.hpp. Remove the line where is says sounds = []. Pack into a pbo again. Save a backup because doing this will cause the signature check for this pbo to fail.

Quote[/b] ]"It turns out that the Mando Missile HUD that's shown in helo's and planes causes a client side script to halt (forever). That script should update the actions the player can do, like buying at factories." -Doomguy

What scripting addresses this? We have the same problem...thx

In Client\Client_UpdateAvailableActions.sqs at line 130 (in standard BIS Warfare 1.1, your mod may have different lines), replace the WaitUntil statement with a Sleep, like so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (IsNull currentCutDisplay) then

{

CutRsc["UseObject","PLAIN",0];

//WaitUntil {!IsNull currentCutDisplay};

Sleep 0.1;

};

Doomguy

Gonna give it a go today and let you know what happens...thx again!

Any word as to when this may be ready? Warfare is the only way I like to play ARMA. Not Domination, Evolution, WACO. WARFARE. Preferably North and South islands. With maybe some ICEing to it. And lots of camo-net for my MHQ