Jewish-Freak

The Lost Brother's Mod: IDF Infantry Ver. 4

Hello, Jewish Freak here.

On behalf of the Lost Brother's mod, I'm glad to present the latest IDF Infantry and weapon packs.

IDF Tzahal:

Note: This addon does NOT replace the original LoBo Infantry (for performance's sake), however, it adds completely new IDF units.

Additions:

IDF Golani:

The regular forces of the Golani Brigade, well trained and highly motivated, these form the first line of defence against the potential threat in the north.

Will be found under IDF Golani in the mission editor.

IDF Unit Egoz:

A special purpose force within the Golani brigade.

This unit was re-estabished during the 90's ,as the IDF's premier Counter-Guerrilla fighting force.

This will also be found under IDF Golani in the mission editor.

IDF Tzanhanim (Paratroopers):

The IDF's paratroopers Brigade.

Famous for it's red boots, these forces led the assault on Jerusalem during the 6 Days War in 1967.

These you will find under IDF Tzanhanim.

IDF PALHAN Givati:

The engineering company within the special operations battalion of the Givati Brigade.

These highly trained soldiers are responsible for a variety of different engineering tasks.

These units will be found under IDF Givaty in the mission editor.

IDF Duvdevan:

A special operation force within the IDF, often used as a raiding force, these conduct both undercover and conventional operations against militants in the West bank.

These units you can find under IDF Duvdevan in the mission editor.

(Please check readme file for credits.)

Unit Egoz Operatives posing for a picture in the Sinai desert.

lobotzahal2iy7.jpg

IDF Tzanhanim familiarize themselves with the M2 0.50 Cal Heavy Machine Gun.

lobotzahal3xg2.jpg

An IDF Paratrooper spots for hits during the M2 training.

lobotzahal4wd7.jpg

IDF Weapons:

This is an pdated weapons pack, with modified M-16 based weapons and much more. (please check the Readme for credits)

Download:

LoBo's Infantry Pack Ver. 4.0

IDF Weapons Ver. 1.4

Required addons:

LoBo's Addon Pack 3

Llauma's Heads

BAS's JAM 3

Best regards

Jewish Freak of the Lost Brothers Mod.

Thank you for the report, I'll establish a new mirror shortly.

Edit: Not relevant anymore, the mirror has been fixed

The link would work if you included the final r of the filename, thus:
Download:

IDF Infantry Ver. 4.0 (Does work)

the R was removed on purpose, the RAR itself is corrupt. So please use the Rapidshare link for now.

As for the weapons, yes, it is the correct version

@Jewish-Freak

Do not use rapidshare unless you are premium account user. There are only 10 downloads allowed on free account which sucks. Please use alternative hosting services without strict download rules.

Good stuff anyway.

Hi All,

I have a problem with this new version of LOBO with the new golani, givati models etc.

Some brief descriptions:

- When I added some soldiers from this new pack in the mission editor preview, the preview failed to load with a window saying,

"No entry .model."

- It seems random, meaning sometimes for certain models (eg. Golani Operator) that failed on one occasion, I seemed to be able to use it with no problem on another...

- Due to the random nature of it, I am not able to pinpoint which models are not working.

- There is no problem with LOBO ver. 3, no additional config mods/ conversion on the main ofp program.

I hope I have provided enough info for your advice.

Thank you for a great mod,

and many thanks to admin for opening my account.

Cheers.

Hi All,

I have a problem with this new version of LOBO with the new golani, givati models etc.

Some brief descriptions:

- When I added some soldiers from this new pack in the mission editor preview, the preview failed to load with a window saying,

"No entry .model."

- It seems random, meaning sometimes for certain models (eg. Golani Operator) that failed on one occasion, I seemed to be able to use it with no problem on another...

- Due to the random nature of it, I am not able to pinpoint which models are not working.

- There is no problem with LOBO ver. 3, no additional config mods/ conversion on the main ofp program.

I hope I have provided enough info for your advice.

Thank you for a great mod,

and many thanks to admin for opening my account.

Cheers.

Well, my guess is that you dont have one of the required packs, probably the newest weapon pack.

Anyway, it's easy enough to check, you can force the game to start the preview by editing something in the mission editor and then pressing the continue button.

Is there a certain order on which we should install the LoBo Mod?  I'm talking about all of the Ofp LoBo mods.  What order is best and what mods maybe we shouldn't use?  I remember playing some of the missions and having a ball back then.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

The order should be as follows:

The Lost Brothers Mod Addon Pack #3

Lebanon Ver. 1.3 and Sinai Ver. 1.5 Map Pack

Arab Insurgent/Civilian Pack Version 1.0

Iran/Iraq Map Pack

73 Easting Map Pack

Iranian Addon Pack

Download links for the above can be found at:

http://www.thelostbrothers.com/addons.php

Aside from that there was also the Syrian and Jordanian addon pack for OFP (requiring Addon pack #3) which is at:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....r01.rar

All of these need the BAS3 pack which can be downloaded at:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/BASJAM3.7z

Oh and of coarse then there's the pack above in this thread. It was basically just some unreleased IDF guys that Heyal had made for us that never got released until now. Those guys formed part of the LoBo IDF guys in ArmA.

At any rate, Addon Pack #3 is the heart of it all. That is the big mama pack that you need while the Sinai and Lebanon maps are our main maps.

I hope that helps.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

love the quality of these close up, but at about +100 mtrs the lods are messed up, they loose textures altogether and show what should be invisable polygons about the model

Very nice mod. I like it. Thankyou for all the work.

Is there anywhere I can download campaigns or missions for this mod yet? I noticed that the missions section on www.idfsquad.com is still under construction.

Martin.

love the quality of these close up, but at about +100 mtrs the lods are messed up, they loose textures altogether and show what should be invisable polygons about the model

any comment on this bug guys, also Ive noticed that the new weapon pack corrupts some of your other addons, anyone else experience this?

any comment on this bug guys, also Ive noticed that the new weapon pack corrupts some of your other addons, anyone else experience this?

Plz anyone else experiencing these issues or is it just me?

I have all the addons installed as above but still getting these issues

thanks in advance Steele

well due to the lack of responce from LOB mod,

Ive created a new config that swaps out the 1.4 weapons for the 1.3 weapons so u can used both the new troops without stuffing up the old, please keep in mind this is for my own personal use but if anyone wants it just pm me,

cheers STEELE

Edited by Rellikki
Multipost

could i get mirror to IDF Weapons Ver. 1.4.

any one pleases.

any one

i know i been asking for this a lot but does any have this units or knows a place were i can download this.

Edited by Rellikki
Multipost

Why don't you try contacting Jewish-Freak or any of the guys from LoBo mod for it?

Just as a last post on this thread, I want OFP users to know that LoBo is no longer working on the OFP stuff and haven't been for a long time. We released a massive volume of addons for our mod consisting of a huge range of infantry, tanks, helicopters, planes, wonderful Middle East maps, and even a massive naval armada. So I don't think anyone can say that we didn't make anything for OFP. We are very proud of our OFP mod. But we've moved on and currently are slowly developing our mod for ArmA 2 (after a modest but still sizable mod for ArmA 1). If anyone has questions about our OFP mod or is having trouble finding a link or whatnot, just PM me or email me and I'll do my best to help. With that said, for those of you who are hardcore OFP players, please enjoy our OFP mod and make some great missions on the amazing maps we made (Sinai, Lebanon, Iran/Iraq).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod (the oldest surviving mod from the early OFP days)

So there is no download link? I was hoping to get this one :confused:

So there is no download link? I was hoping to get this one :confused:

The link for the infantry works but the link for the weapons is broken.

I had a look through my OFP DVDs but I couldn't find them. I was sure that I had downloaded them and backed them up. :butbut:

need link for weapons

It's statement, request or what ?