Sign in to follow this  
woppa

A.C.E Dedicated server setup

Hi guys i'm trying run A.C.E on our dedicated server but the server won't start and i get the following in the RPT file.

Quote[/b] ]

Exe version: Wed May 21 09:15:58 2008

build 1.14.5256

Error context ÖZjIJÅ Rÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿe)²â€O?ÿ’â€!ÿÿüñLcââbbÃe)ÉÂððÿÿÿÿÿÿ

ErrorMessage: File six_weap_files_hk\config.cpp, line 0: '.1mk': 'Æ' encountered instead of '='

i'm just uploading the six_weap_files_hk.pbo again to see if that helps.

I was wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction to setting A.C.E up correctly on a dedicated server as i've not had much luck with the search function here.

IE : what files need to be on server and where ?

Cheers

WOPPA

Don't know if it'll help you, but for my dedicated server I simply installed the A.C.E. exe.....then added the @ACE tag to the server launch icon properties.

Strictly a guess, but I'd say all the files that the server needs should be in the @ACE folder.

Good luck with it.

to add yeah it looks like some of the files were corrupted on upload so just workin through broken files.

Can confirm my problems were from corrupted upload files to server and once i replaced them it worked fine.

Do i need to put those config files on \Dta -folder on dedicated server or are those for clientside only? I unpacked installers with 7z and only take those files in addons folders. Will it work that way?