Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Bridges Bugs

I only have noticed this problem while i was testing a bridge that im working on. Also tested on BIS original bridges and the same happens.

When a hand grenade is thrown to the bridge surface the grenade falls as if the bridge wasn't there. Same happens in BIS original bridges.

I find this strange and i don't understand why this happens because AI's can cross and stand on it with no problem.

Any reason why this happens?

Also i noticed in my model that the texture on the road is alittle transparent and i slightly see whats beneath it. :S

Does anyone have a solution for this 2 issues?

I think it might be an issue with your view geometry - that gets used if you don't have a fire geometry defined explicitly. Make sure your view geometry is closed & convex. The AI units walk on the roadway LOD...

BTW, how do you go with getting the AI to cross it? I can't get the buggers to cross my Sydney Harbour Bridge... grrr! :mad: Some types of units will start to cross, some wont, but they all balk when the get to the bits with high structures on either side, despite the roadway in the middle being 16m wide and unobstructed. No difficulty with driving vehicles (of any type) across manually, but the AI don't like it.

About the Fire Geometry LOD its there, closed and convex. Thats why i don't understand all these mystery.

About the AI's crossing.. maybe review if the Path LOD you created is correctly created.

About the Fire Geometry LOD its there, closed and convex. Thats why i don't understand all these mystery.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I had that exact problem originally (grenades falling through the bridge). Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. :(

About the AI's crossing.. maybe review if the Path LOD you created is correctly created.

Hmm, but the BIS bridges don't have a Path LOD, from memory, just a Roadway LOD (looking at the samples they provided, plus the de-PBO'd ones from the game.

I might add a Path LOD anyway, see how it goes.

one of the patches of Arma solves the problem of ai not crossing bridges (i think 1.14 or later)