Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

btw does it have support for air units? Say if i want Su-34s or A-10s doing ground attack runs against my group and such? smile_o.gif

btw does it have support for air units? Say if i want Su-34s or A-10s doing ground attack runs against my group and such?  smile_o.gif

Well just tested a Su-34s the first time and it looks like they do work. biggrin_o.gif

They drive to the runway and starts flying. Only problem they do not attack.

really great!!!! notworthy.gif  

is the ai only react to suppressed fire or he can also???

really great!!!! notworthy.gif  

is the ai only react to suppressed fire or he can also???

Well so far they do only react.

A.I. Suppressed Fire is still W.I.P. and need some more time till i'm really happy with it and willed to release it to the public.

thx for reply SNKMAN! smile_o.gif

Im at work and so on and I dont got any net at my new house yet but when I do this is on top of my to do list to download biggrin_o.gif

I really like that you added the ships and thinking about island hopping and so on smile_o.gif

I made some work arounds to support Aircraft, and EVERYTHING works.

The plane in my case a ( SU-34 ) starts after it was called in by GL3 as reinforcement, then they fly to my position, the script tells me, that they have identified me as enemy, but they simply woun't shoot at me... banghead.gif

Also if i use a Armored vehicle like a Tank.

Too bad... sad_o.gif

Maybe a bug or something like this?

I often read about Aircraft having problems targeting a ground unit/vehicle.

I don't think its a bug. In GL2 the enemy airplanes attack the player very precisly with everything they've got. Guided missiles against tanks and planes/choppers on the ground, unguided missiles against greater infantry groups and even the bord gun against infantry, light and heavy vehicles. I guess they need some time to get the target. If they don't a clear sight, they won't fire I suppose. But to be certain I would have to convert a GL2 mission to GL3.

Hi

Is it possible to put everything in GL3 as being able to be turned on/off modularly via config options? some bits are able to be turned off, but i would like more choice.

i ask because ACE already has suppression so i am not sure how the two suppression systems interact: anyone know? Personally i find that i can wipe out enemy squads much easier now because now hey don't fire back much when suppressed. is this becuase they are being double suppressed by both ACE and GL3?

I ldo enjoy the new 'intelligence' GL3 offers AI in splitting up to engage targets and the other innovations you have added in - but i find that some effects are unneeded in my case (but am sure others love em).

so having the option to just switch on the bits that i want in this would ensure that GL3 gives me exactly the functionality i want while minimizing mod overlap.

Hi

Is it possible to put everything in GL3 as being able to be turned on/off modularly via config options? some bits are able to be turned off, but i would like more choice.

Of course! Just check out the readme and enable/disable in the GL3_settings.sqf whatever you want. Or insert the code into the init.sqf to override the default settings for different missions.

Had my first brief look at GL3 and it's good to have that "hunted feeling" back again tounge2.gif

So far I just noticed a couple of things and thought I write my comments (FWIW)...

Quote[/b] ]

• Difficult: Set the difficult level of enemys also includes Skill Array Types: Spot Distance, Spot Time, Courage, Aiming Accuracy a.s.o.

I haven't cracked open the PBO-file so I do not know how much you actually rely on this command. I did several tests back in 1.06/1.08 days and could never get it to work. To my knowledge the "setSkill array" command have (unfortunately) never worked in ArmA and the Wiki still indicates this...

Quote[/b] ]

This is a reserved keyword for future implementations. In Armed Assault it is not implemented yet.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array

Quote[/b] ]

// GL3 AI Hearing Aid

// AI "hear" and "react" to gunfire ( Even if not under direct fire )

// If a group detected gunfire ( Max. rang 600m ) then they may will

// advance towards to the position, where the gunfire came from

// NOTE: Silence weapons will be detected only at a distance of 15m

// while not silence weapons will be detected up to 600m

// True / False, default is True

// GL3_Public set [10, False];

You already have this as an option and thats a good thing but IMO the AI hearing aid is not needed for ArmA at all since the AI hear your gunfire quite well by default.

This was implemented in GL2 for OFP since back then the AI did not reacted to your gunfire unless you hit some of them. Not so in ArmA, BIS fixed that so maybe you can use the CPU cycles/network bandwidth for better things or just streamline your code.

Quote[/b] ]

// GL3 AI Hearing Aid Weapons

// Weapons which are not listed here will be heard by enemy AI from max ( 600m ) distance

// By default all ArmA weapons are added in this array do only update thouse

// arrays if you like to use custome weapons

// GL3_WpnClass0: Weapons listed in this array can be heared by the enemy AI in a range of 15m

// GL3_WpnClass1: Weapons listed in this array can be heared by the enemy AI in a range of 50m

// GL3_WpnClass2: Weapons listed in this array can be heared by the enemy AI in a range of 300m

// All ArmA Weapon class names can be found at: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Weapons

// GL3_Public set [11, ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","Ska_Wal

therMpl","Ska_Anaconda","RHS_AKS74PBS3","RHS_AKMPBS1"]]

;

// GL3_Public set [12, []];

// GL3_Public set [13, ["M136","JAVELIN","STINGER","RPG7V","STRELA&q

uot;,"M9","Makarov"]];

This is related to the above and IMO not needed anymore in ArmA. Unfortunately there is an issue (bug?) (bug with silenced weapons) in ArmA which means that no matter how silent your weapon/ammo is all enemies within a ~100m radius (and looking your way) will "hear" you as soon as you kill another enemy with a silenced weapon, see link above for more info.

Keep it up! I know you have been working long and hard on this one...

/KC

I'm using a random value for setSkill for months now and I definatly noticed huge differences between setSkill 0 and setSkill 1. I guess it was fixed in 1.11 Beta almost one year ago. With skill set to 1.0 the AI will definately react faster, the aiming precision is increased and it will engage the player on greater distances.

I'm using a random value for setSkill for months now and I definatly noticed huge differences between setSkill 0 and setSkill 1.

Yes, AFAIK the setSkill command (i.e "this setSkill 0.50") have always worked in ArmA but I'm talking about setSkill array command (i.e "this setSkill ["spotDistance",1]" for example).

I haven't tried it in 1.15 Beta but as mentioned above the Wiki still indicates it's not working...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array

/KC

Hi

Of course! Just check out the readme and enable/disable in the GL3_settings.sqf whatever you want. Or insert the code into the init.sqf to override the default settings for different missions.

i can turn suppression off?

alright.

i didn't realise that was an option - only how many bullets suppress. Will take a look tonight. smile_o.gif

Hey KeyCat,

yeah it was a very very long and hard way but looks like i made it. smile_o.gif

Not to the top but a good piece of way.

Nice to hear you like GL3.

"Feel hunted" Yes! The good old OFP Group Link 2 Example Mission.

The Skill Array:

I do not really know if it works....

There is no way to test/debug it.

Do you know a way?

AI Hearing Aid:

Well i don't know how this feature was supposed to be in OFP GL2 but to me it do a very good job and it's needed.

A.I. in ArmA do defenetly not react to gunfire.

I made several test's in the past and they will never advance toward the direction, where the gunfire came from, after fiering a weapon.

They only do follow their WP like nothing was happend.

I also did another "A.I Hearing Aid" test right bevore i wrote this tounge2.gif and the result is the same like in the tests i made in the past.

A.I. do not react to gunfire. Or what do you understand under A.I. react to gunfire?

Hi again,

Ive noticed that if I play warfare (waco 1.1.5f) with ace mod and GL3 the AI squads stops moving after a while. It gives me a fantastic experience in the beginning but after a while the other squads all stop I can see static tanks everywhere. Can you please check this out for me? thx

PS.: I run the GL3 on both my dedicated server and the clients as well if it helps.

I'm sorry spangg, but i have no big knowledge about Warfare.

Are thouse Static Tanks Tanks which you set by GL3 as Static Tanks or what's the use of them?

I also do not know if A.C.E. is compatible in all ways with GL3 so it would help to know what exactly cause the problem.

A.C.E., Warfare or something else? With something i mean AddOns/Mods.

No, in warfare there are 8 slots in each team(East, West) and the slots without players are controlled by the AI like in crcti. These ai squadleaders can buy themselves infantry, tanks and then should go and capture cities. but after a while they just stop somewhere and dont seem to move. i didnt change anything. I run warfare on my dedicated server and the server and the client has the same mods on them. Without gl3 it doesnt happen. But i really like it and would like to use, its just brilliant! smile_o.gif

Hi spangg,

I'm also really interested in GL3 (what's the difference with SLX GL3, by the way?), so I'll see how it works out for me.

SNKMAN, great to see you are working on GL again! Could you tell me whether your GL3 makes use of event handlers, or the OnPlayerConnected thing?

Doomguy

@spangg

I think i found a bug in the GL3 player initializ.

Well maybe this will fix this problem.

Hotfix will be out soon. wink_o.gif

B.t.w.: Yes Server and Client need to run the whole GL3 Mod to make it work correctly.

@Doomguy

Well there is a HUGE different if you compare GL3 with the SLX GL3

It's not in my mind to talk bad things about SLX becouse solus simply is a genius and the things he made for ArmA are awesome but...

SLX GL3 do not really have much to do with the original Group Link idea and SLX GL3 is not very customizable.

As far as i know there is not much you can set.

Each group will be called in as reinforcement and SLX GL3 do not use Static Groups and it also do not use the Remount ( Let units/groups remount vehicles ( Trucks, Cars, Helicopters, A.P.C. ) after an alert was cancelled ) and Unmount ( Let units/groups drop smoke while unmounting ) and stuff like this, which are some of the best things in Group Link as i would say.

Also it do not use Housesearch or the Advance feature and so on.

You could say SLX GL3 is a very very light version of Group Link.

Yes GL3 do use Event Handlers ( "AnimChange","Fired","Hit" and "Killed" ) which are used very effective. wink_o.gif

About the "OnPlayerConnected" thing. I never had really looked into this, but may now that you say it, i may should do it.

Thanks for the feedback guy's. smile_o.gif

SLX GL3 AI do better Housesearch (with supressed fire) than GL3+ in moment, sorry confused_o.gif  wink_o.gif    Is my Opinion.

But SLX GL3 need much more pc power and other SLX addons but I'm not sure with the last

One request.

You can put a group with SLXGL3 on ramahdi near a building and they use the housepositions without any command or waypoint.It would be nice to see in GL3+.is it possible?

SLX GL3 AI do better Housesearch (with supressed fire) than GL3+ in moment, sorry confused_o.gif  wink_o.gif    Is my Opinion.

Well ok...

I'm sorry didn't noticed, that SLX GL3 do use Housesearch.

It's some time ago, that i looked last time into SLX but now i did again it it do use Housesearch.

One request.

You can put a group with SLXGL3 on ramahdi near a building and they use the housepositions without any command or waypoint.It would be nice to see in GL3+.is it possible?

How do you mean that?

You put a group near by a building and they starts Housesearching without any enemy contact?

To me this sounds strange...

Why should a group look for enemy's in a house, if they wasn't attacked by somebody?

Or how should i understand this?

GL3 use ( In my option ) a very nice Houseseach function.

Groups which had spotted a enemy ( Target ) and nearby a building will start searching randomly the buildings right nearby, where they had spotted the enemy. ( Target )

GL3 use a random building position function, which counts every avalible floor/position of a building, then randomly select one of the floors/positions and send the Housesearcher to this floor/position.

Everything is possible. wink_o.gif Just tell me what exactly do you need.

the idle animations make the AI seem more human. we need a lot more of that kind of thing. a whole LOT.

does gl3 have a morale system? if so can the AI reach different levels of panic and actually run away or fire madly when in trouble?

could morale be linked to rank so captain is less likley to start shooting blindly than a private?

one of the worst things about Arma AI is how they blindly stay out in the open under fire even when cover is just a few metres away. GL3 is supposed to have a move to cover function but i have never seen AI using it. i set up 4 groups of ai (8 per group) vs 8 in my squad - near rahmadi. no AI ran into town or used cover.

even better would be some of the AI providing suppressive fire (or using smoke) while their buddies move to cover who then provide covering fire. Fire and movement all the time in combat.

the ai does split into groups but do those groups work together - for example group a provides suppressive fire while group b moves to flank? have not seen this in GL3.

do AI make heavy suppressing fire in general direction of target? heavy firepower wins firefights.

could you make squadleaders/officers important in that they raise the morale of the squad and keep them working better. so if you kill the leader the rest of the squad breaks up into smaller parts and becomes quite inefficient unless they find another officer?

another question - is GL3 compatible with kronky's great patrol script? does it take over when under fire and then leave off?

many things. thanks to this great script!

ich habs mal bei armedassault.de forum hin geschrieben.

sorry for german whistle.gif

Hi twisted,

well it's nice to hear what people would like to see and what kind of wishes they have. smile_o.gif

1. Moral System:

No GL3 do not use such a system.

The basic idea of GL3 is to make the A.I. stronger not weaker.

Also the idea of fleeing units do not fit's really into GL3.

Of course more human being would be nice, but it should not overcome the main function of GL3.

2. Suppressed Fire and Take Cover:

The idea with take cover and drop smoke is nice. Indeed. wink_o.gif

So far the take cover feature belongs to many many things which needs to fit to let units/groups move to cover.

I'm still working on this part of GL3 to enhance it.

The ability to let units/groups which are under Suppressed fire shoot/Suppress the enemy ( Target/Player Group ) will come with GL3 v.1.3

Group Split:

Nope the groups do not coordinate with each other, becouse they do split ( [_group] join grpNull ) they only split up if nearby the conflict point and start advancing towarts from/to different directions, to flank the enemy.

There is no ( Only a very hard ) way to coordinate 2 seperate groups with each other, that they do what you asked for.

I never tested GL3 with Kronzky's Urban Patrol script. But it should work.