Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

Okay that's something i can work with. ;)

So you say A.C.E. + GL3 + Revive do wark as long as you are revived by some other team mates.

You only loose the actions after you had to choose the "Respawn at base button"

Well i will see what i can find out.

Thanks for the info LegatoReborn.

No problem! Thanks for looking into it SNKMAN.

Can FFN mod & GL3 be made compatible with this new release? or will it be up to Tony Ranger from FFN to made an update to make it compatible. Just as ARma 2 is out we can say that Arma has reached full height.:yay:

Hey guys, I think I found another small bug with GL3.

It occurs when playing some of the stock campaigns. As you know, as you play though the campaign missions you are presented with the Overview map that allows you to choose your next mission. What happens is that GL3 interprets the loading of that overview screen as a mission load and throws up its opening configuration panel. Before you can click the GL3 START MISSION button, the game itself returns to the mission overview screen and even though you can pick your next campaign mission you wan't to play, you can't ever start it because the GL3 config panel is still running in the background (you can see it if you click the Escape button).

I also noticed that if you escape out of the Campaign Mission Overview, then click on the GL3 panel's Start Mission link, you are then brought into some sort of default mission (looks like it uses the training map). What I did to get around this is SAVE at that point, and then reload the mission and this allows me to actually begin the mission itself. Kind of a pain in the butt to have to do this and of course not at all obvious.

So, it looks like that GL3 config panel is messing up things with the campaign. This leads me to my next question/comment. Would it be possible to make that GL3 config panel be accessible from the PAUSE menu (like ECS's config settings are)? I like the ability to choose my GL3 settings from inside the game but once I click on the Start Mission button I see no way to bring that panel back up. Its also a bit annoying to have to click that button EVERY time i play a new mission.

Having the option to bring it up at will while playing instead of forcing it to appear at the mission beginning would seem to fix both the problem with the campaigns as well as give it some much functionality.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

anyway i doubt you can play the campaign with gl3 running. it changes totally the gameplay , the waypoints are not followed anymore by the AI and the missions objetives can change completely. i think gl3 is intended to be used with especific gl3 missions but not with preexistent sp missions or campaigns.

Yeah, that's actually a good point as I am noticing that its FAR harder to play the campaign with mods installed then without. Obviously some of that is due to the new tougher AI schemes and that's fine but it has resulted in some odd outcomes as well.

Okay, it's not a big deal to disable mods for the campaign but I would still like to see the ability to bring up the GL3 config panel at will as opposed to the current implementation which has it appear every time a mission is loaded.

Madmatt

We tried GL3 v1.4 last night in a 9 player co-op game, and it caused intermittent severe desyncs for all players and eventually the server just stopped responding. We were running the following mods/patches:

• ArmA 1.16
  • Queens Gambit
  • SPON Crew Notify
  • ION's instant viewdistance selector

We re-ran the mission without GL3 and it performed flawlessly. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

I've been experiencing some odd behaviour after changing from V1.13 to 1.14 as well... in my case its Armour - and Crews...

They get out... ALL the time... and join in the fight as footsoldiers...

I was figuring perhaps they were being identified as a different group from the footsoldiers I was fighting (which they were), - though part of the same "town defence" - and were being called as reinforcements by the group under fire.... fair enough, thats whats supposed to happen.... but this disembarking thing seems strange...

I thought it might be something to do with all this "after ejecting the original crew" part of the "extraction" routines - even though thats meant to be for choppers - so I turned that all off - I even set the number of groups available to be called as reinforcements to 0 - which should effectively disable reinforcement completely... they still disembark... form a line, and march into the fight - leaving their untouched and perfectly functional vehicles behind....

without my @GL3 folder (last in line) activated - all is well... so its definitely GL3 related I think.....

Anyone else been experiencing mass bail-outs of armour crews???

mission was Domination 3.7 West AI (no ACE or other major addons)

Preacher;1292326']We tried GL3 v1.4 last night in a 9 player co-op game' date=' and it caused intermittent severe desyncs for all players and eventually the server just stopped responding. We were running the following mods/patches:

[list']

[*]ArmA 1.16

[*]Queens Gambit

[*]SPON Crew Notify

[*]ION's instant viewdistance selector

We re-ran the mission without GL3 and it performed flawlessly. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

i experienced the same problem with big CPU and warfar

Hi, thanks for this amazing addon.

Some months ago I learnt to use GL2 for OFP and now I´m trying to use GL3 v1.4.

I have been testing CWR+ACEmod+GL3 but I can´t see any enemy flare in night missions.

I changed the GL3_Global adding the Enemy A.I. Flare Weapons, but I don´t know if I need to change other setting.

// GL3 Enemy A.I. Flare Weapons:
   // Choose which type of weapons should be able to fire flares.
   // Avalible weapon classes: "AK74GL", "M16A2GL", "M16A4_GL", "M16A4_ACG_GL", "M4GL", "M4A1GL"
   // Default is, ["AK74GL", "M16A2GL", "M16A4_GL", "M16A4_ACG_GL", "M4GL", "M4A1GL"]
        GL3_Global set [15, (GL3_Global select 15) + ["ACE_GP25_Launcher","ACE_M203_Launcher","ACE_AK74GL","ACE_AKS74GL","ACE_AK47GL","ACE_AKMGL","ACE_AKMSGL","ACE_AKMGL_Cobra"] ];

Thanks in advance for any help.

it looks as if u have to use the "Avalible weapon classes:" and put those weapons in place of the ones you have for ace, just a guess.

make sure the GL3 menu shows up when you start up a mission edited version as well, put @GL3;@EEH last on your shortcut target line, once i discovered this GL3 worked everytime.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Is it an illusion but I am getting better graphics (in fact, it looks like higher post processing setting which I actually have at low) and better framerate? Game is running much smoother with GL3 active. Is it because the more optimized GL3 enemy AI took the place of the lousy unoptimized BIS AI codes? I heard AI loads a mission like anything. Could GL3 has the indirect effect of improving game performance through more optimized AI coding??

I was also replaying the sniper mission in the armed assault campaign and the enemy AI improved sooo much! In my first unmodded play, all of the enemies disembarked from the truck and then automatically spreaded out and turned in my direction like they knew before hand where I am. The truck stupidly remained in position on the road until I cleared all of them and sniped the driver who was stupidly sitting in the truck waiting to be killed.

With the GL3 mod, the moment the enemies disembark from the truck, they quickly threw smoke grenades around the general area as they didn't know which direction the attack was coming from, EXTREMELY REALISTIC! After killing a couple more, the enemies are getting a fix on my position and splitted out into 2 assault teams trying to outflank me. One of them even launched an RPG on me, blurring out my eyes and setting my ears on ringing mode for a few seconds... those few seconds are toturous as I didn't know how fast they were closing in...again, VERY realistic! That forced me, the sniper, to do what all snipers need to do, take out priority targets first! (I never bothered with this in the original game!) I took out anyone wearing a launcher quickly so that they cannot bombard my position again then went on to slowly sniping all the rest of the enemies. When all the infantry are about killed, the truck driver drove the truck in my direction! Yes, the truck driver was trying to attack me as well! That was unseen of in the original game. OF course I took him out through the windscreen but that was soooo realistic!

Thanks for the great mod!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

does this mod improve one's own squad AI as well as the enemy AI for singleplayer?

Edited by allthumbs

^.. yes it does but you may not want to use it for campaign because the enemies then will do its best to destroy you without following the waypoints and game triggers and that results in certain missions becoming uncompletable. For example, if you run GL3 on the first mission (transport) of the Armed Assault campaign where you are attacked in Corazol, you will be attacked the moment you enter Corazol when the first humvee is still saying that "everything is calm, shall we enter the city"! hhahahaha

Is there a way for mission makers to use your GL3 by activating through a trigger on the map?

Like say instead of using it at launch but, by using it directly through a mission?

I would like to know a way to do this as I have tried using it in Warfare but the Blufor or Ofor ai do not use it as standard.

I have tried soluse's way of using the Gl3 settings in the ____Init.sqf____ but it never activated. I think its outdate by 4 years though lol

The only way to get ai in warfare or anyother cti is by using it in through the missions files. Im lost.

All you need to do is add GL3 to your shortcut target line with the EEH after it and your game will play with it, it does mine.

like this:

E:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3;@EEH

EEH is required to run GL3, and it comes with it.

If GL3 actually increases the performance of ArmA1, perhaps a similar mod for ArmA2 to merely optimize the AI would do wonders.

Ya for Arma 2 its GL4 it does the same thing but has more features, but like i said in my previous post just add it to your target line and will make the AI and your game do what you want, its universal it should work with pretty much every mod, in another way influence itself in your game.

GL4---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8848

Anyone else been experiencing mass bail-outs of armour crews???

mission was Domination 3.7 West AI (no ACE or other major addons)

I'm experiencing the same. With no other mods active, so I'm positive it's this. I have a bunch of missions and they're all broken-ish in the sense that armor vs armor doesn't happen correctly.

From a dozen or so missions, I observed strange behavior from both east and west armored units. It appears that whenever an armored vehicle encounters an enemy at close range its use terrain, structural, or vegetational cover to advance closer, (which is very cool) but then stops before cresting only to eject out, and run in on foot. Leaving behind tanks, or apcs, or whatever else. (Petty much negating the cool)

Now this seems to have an increased probability of occurring when the distance between the opposing armored vehicles decreases. Beyond a few hundred meters, they often engage with their vehicle weapons. Appearing normal, but within a few hundreds meters of one another, and with groups of infantry nearby, its almost guaranteed that they'll vacate their vehicles.

Something else I observed was that it only seems to happen to vehicles that are moving, stationary armor appeared to engage properly regardless of the targets range, but those on way-point paths, fail. This is making it difficult to play missions with battles that contain mixed units. ei; armor and infantry.

EDIT* After a few more hours testing. I have to conclude this mod renders Arma into an infantry only game unless it's either airborne, or around a half mile away. Conflicts involving close armor support/attacks/ambushes, ect are non funct. Its a shame, everything else about the mod kicks a**.

EDIT** Never-mind, great mod. Must have. All I had to do was thoroughly review the documentation that comes with it. To anyone else having this problem review the "customgroup" mission & readme content.

Edited by Sedistix

The code for your problem is :

// GL3 Crew:

// Define Crew Members which should not eject from a Helicopters or APCs after reaching the conflict point.

// GL3_Server set [64, (GL3_Server select 64) + ["SoldierECrew","SoldierWCrew","SoldierGCrew","SoldierEPilot","SoldierWPilot","SoldierGPilot"] ];

//

GL3 v.1.4 Local Settings

The GL3 Local settings are stored in the global array GL3_Local.

// You can change settings of GL3 by editing the GL3_Local array.

// For each custom setting uncomment remove the "//" in front of the respective line and modify the value.

// GL3_Local set [ Index, Value ];

// In multiplayer all GL3_Local settings are used by every player individual.

Question.

When using custom groups with specific enemy reinforcements, are you required to reference the group twice in the init?

For example, the custom group reference enabling GP3 on the group, followed with the references to specify them as reinforcements:

// Set Static Groups:

GL3_Server set [5, [sg1,sg2,sg3,sg4,sg5,sg6] ];

// Set Custom Groups:

GL3_Server set [7, [cg1,cg2,cg3,cg4,cg5,cg6,cg7,cg8,cg9,cg10,cg11,cg12,cg13,cg14,cg15,cg16,cg17,cg18,cg19] ];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Groups:

GL3_Server set [8, [cg16,cg17,cg18,cg19] ];

Or would it be just one reference that enables them, and identifies them. Like this:

// Set Static Groups:

// Set Custom Groups:

GL3_Server set [7, [cg1,cg2,cg3,cg4,cg5,cg6,cg7,cg8,cg9,cg10,cg11,cg12,cg13,cg14,cg15] ];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Groups:

GL3_Server set [8, [cg16,cg17,cg18,cg19] ];

TBH I really dont know, I dont get that mass bailout issue, not totally sure

why maybe because with WarMod theres quite a few other AI enhancement mods that possibly prevent it.

You would have to talk to SNKman but what I'd reccomend is test it out and see what happens,

and then adjsut accordingly if it works.

Thanks for the quick reply. As for the mass bailout issue, that’s resolved for me. In fact, I was a bit hasty in posting with that problem. After reviewing GP3’s documentation, (something I should have done from the get go) I followed its instructions showing me how to selectively enable GP3 on only the units I wanted to have it. Which is actually a preferable method for me.

An init.sqf example of enabling the mod selectively.

if (isServer) then

{

// Set "(GL3_Server select 0)" True:

GL3_Server set [0, True];

// Wait until all groups are initialized:

waitUntil { (GL3_Server select 1) };

// Set Static Groups:

// Set Custom Groups:

GL3_Server set [7, [cg1,cg2,cg3,cg4,cg5,cg6,cg7,cg8,cg9,cg10,cg11,cg12,cg13,cg14,cg15,cg16,cg17,cg18,cg19] ];

[] execVM (GL3_Path+"GL3\GroupLink3.sqf");

};

It’s fairly self explanatory. Sg1,sg2... are the enemy Static Groups & cg1,cg2.. are the enemy Combat Groups. With any enemy groups not listed here, remaining stock. It works well for keeping crews inside of armored ambushes, convoys and patrols, regardless of what happens.

My earlier question on renaming reinforcement groups is actually related to this. See, while I’ve solved the crew problems, I’ve run into another. Everything works, except enemy reinforcements.

I’ll keep testing it out see what works and what doesn’t, and post back if there are any positive results worth sharing.

Edited by Sedistix

Oh someone still is using Group Link 3? :)

Normally you don't need to define them twice but to be honest i haven't touched GL3 for a long time and currently i'm not really sure but as far as i can think you have to define the "cg" groups only once.

There is a "Map Marker" feature available which will show you which enemy A.I. groups was initialized by Group Link 3.

Simply keep it enabled so you can see what's going on.

Oh someone still is using Group Link 3? :)

I just recently discovered GP3 for Arma. A game I found in a bargain bin. It's one of the most enjoyable mods I've found for it so far. Good stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the map markers. I completely forgot about that feature. Turns out you do need them listed in both.