Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

hello snkman, any ETA for the new version of GL3? :bounce3:

Well looks like a "/" is missing in front of the "/ 1 / 20, default is 4"

My bad. You were right...thanks!

Im using the following path, Ace 1.07; latest BIS patch, MP replacement, ECS_Themis. ACE;@ECS;@GL3;@FFN

Squads dont seem the engage one another. could this be a bug due to GL3-FFN combo? Is anybody having this same issues??

Group Link 3 v.1.4

---------------------

Description:

Group Link 3 v.1.4 do contain a lot of new A.I. and player features and a lot of bug fixes and optimizations.

Large ( Engine/CPU ) intense Group Link 3 features are re-written into functions.

What is a Function: Functions are codes which do save Engine/CPU cycles, becouse they are stored into the ArmA Memory ( RAM ) and executed from there.

Functions run faster then scripts, which means faster results.

Important:

Since Group Link 3 v.1.4 the E.E.H. ( Extended Event Handlers ) are used by default.

This means Group Link 3 is ready to go directly after downloading without doing something.

Warning! Some variables was changed/renamed. “GL3_Public†was renamed to “GL3_Globalâ€

Please have a look at the ReadMe.doc for more informations.

New Example Missions:

GL3 v.1.4 Reinforcement:

Example mission how to use the player call in reinforcement feature.

GL3 v.1.4 Extraction:

Example mission how to use the player call in extraction feature.

GL3 v.1.4 Artillery:

Example mission how to use the player call in artillery feature.

Features New:

Player create Camp: * MP

This feature gives a player the ability, to build up a camp and a fire place where ever and when ever he likes.

Also the camp can be removed by the player, if its not needed any longer.

Player call in Reinforcement: * MP

This feature gives a player the ability, to call other units/groups of his own side as reinforcement/s.

Player call in Extraction: * MP

This feature gives a player the ability, to call in a extraction.

Player call in Artillery: * MP

This feature gives a player the ability, to call in artillery support.

Enemy A.I. Airstrike: * MP

Enemy A.I. may do call in a Airstrike.

To use this feature simply place a “SU34†if the enemy A.I. side is East or a “AV-8B†if the enemy A.I.

side is West somewhere close to a airport.

Note: The more Aircraft/Planes the enemy A.I. got, the more trouble you will get with them.

Requested by Hadudy

Lighthouse:

Lighthouses do use the lighthouse horn at nighttime.

Features Enhancement:

Unmount:

Enemy A.I. which was called in as reinforcement and on the way to the target zone will look for empty vehicles in a specific amount of time.

If a group got a helicopter, then there will be a random chance that the helicopter do fly a extraction or return to his original position, after unmounting the crew.

House Search:

Enemy A.I. now will use multiple units of the group to do house search.

This means that if a group is big enough then 2 – 3 units of a group do search for targets/players at the same time in different buildings.

Take Cover:

Enemy A.I. which had not found cover ( Which if a group got 6 units always 2 – 3 ) then thouse units, which had not found a cover location do cover the other units while moving to the cover location.

Also each unit of a group got 3 – 5 trials to find cover, the cover distance will be increased 10 meters every try.

Means units do will look in a max. range between 30 – 50 meters for cover from their position.

Enemy A.I. Hearing Aid:

Improved the enemy A.I. Hearing Aid to support weapon and ammo types/classes.

Some weapons of ArmA do use suppressed and/or no suppressed ammo, this problem can be sloved by adding the ammo type/class in the weapon Hearing Aid array too.

Requested by Legislator

Difficult Skill/Level Min. Max. Calculation:

The enemy A.I. difficult feature now do use a min. – max. value, where the random difficult skill/level of the enemy A.I. is calculatet with.

Requested/Idea by Robalo

Setting Interface:

The Setting Interface do authorize a players to enable/disable/change some of the most important features of Group Link 3.

Setting Interface Example

Function and Script Enhancement:

Group Array System:

The “Group Array System†is used to check each Group Link 3 group array.

The “Group Array System†is written as function to achieve best and fastest results.

The main target of the “Group Array System†is to remove groups from arrays where they are already stored in and check if a group is in a vehicle and if the group still is alive.

The result of this calculation are the pure groups ( without vehicle ) which are then used for several features of Group Link 3.

Vehicle State Check:

This function do check, if a vehicle can move or if a vehicle is out of fuel.

If yes, then the group do unmount the vehicle and continue the way by foot.

Random Weather:

The random weather feature do now use a “addPublicVariableEventHandlerâ€.

This way saves a lot of resources and codes.

Human A.I. Garrison:

Units/Groups which had already garrison a building and more then 100 meters away from the building, becouse they was ordered to move to another position will be removed from the garrison array and give the building free for other units/groups to garrison it.

Action Monitor Array:

The Action Monitor Array is used to monitor every action used ( added ) and not used ( removed ) by a player.

Also after a player was killed every action used by the player will be removed and re-added in case of the player was respawned.

Added:

Shuffle Array function to randomly check the GL3 Enemy A.I. array.

Tweaked:

E.E.H. ( Extended Event Handler ) config fixed and tweaked by zGuba.

Removed not needed Init E.H. classes. ( “LandVehicleâ€, “Airâ€, “Ship†)

Only the class “Man†needs to use the Init E.H.

Incoming scream of rockets and shells are now randomsized by 70%.

This means there is a 30% chance to hear a unit/player will scream incoming!

Rewrote of the D.S.A.I. global/public syntax.

Fixed and Rewrote of some D.S.A.I. parts which are assigned to the Event Handler “Firedâ€

Some D.S.A.I. events was “publicVariabled†while they already was assigned to the “Fired†Event Handler, which already is global.

Rewrote and optimizing of the “GroupLink3.sqf†script.

Rewrote of the core “Group Link 3 Group Check†routine to a function.

Rewrote of the “Unmount†and “Remount†core vehicle check to a function.

Rewrote of the Helicopter Insertion/Extraction feature.

Optimized the rating system.

Rewrote and optimizing of the Body Detect feature.

Rewrote and optimizing of the Destruction Detection feature.

Bugs:

Fixed the bug, that settings set/choosed in the “GL3_Settings.sqf†did not take effect on GL3.

Important:

I made a lot of changes/improvements and enhancements from v.1.3 to 1.4 the initialize and some Global Variables was changed also.

Please make sure you read the "ReadMe.doc" and "Features.doc" to see how to use Group Link 3 v.1.4 correctly.

Please use DevHeaven to report bugs.

Group Link 3 v.1.4 ( Download )

Edited by SNKMAN

oh 1.4 great.:yay:hope to see it in Arma 2

good luck;):bounce3:

how can I combine GL3 and ACE? Is this even possible?

And another question, the presence of GL3 necessarily on the server and the client, or will be sufficient availability of GL3 to the server?

Thx

@Eagleone

I did not test A.C.E. since A.C.E. v.1.05 but in the past it was compatible.

Group Link 3 must be loaded on the Server and each Client.

@gunterlund21

Yes best way is to use one target group only.

But the behaviour of GL3 is to support/detect multiple target groups too.

Only thing what could make problems in combination with multiple target groups is, if one group starts in the south and another group in the north.

As long as the groups do not operate too far away from each other you can have as many target groups as you like.

Thx for new version! :)

Mirror from Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

Group Link 3 [1.4]

thanks snkman, i'm going to try it. just one doubt :

GL3_Local.sqf:

// GL3 Burning Crew:

// True / False, default is False

// GL3_Local set [8, False];

is this correct? is the burning crew enabled or disabled by default?

Yes it's disabled becouse W.I.P. :)

Hi everyone! Over the past week or so I have gotten back into ARMA and have been amazed at all the incredible mods now available.

With a lot of work I have been able to get ECS working in tandem with ACE along with the latest HiFi sound mod. I experimented a little with GL3 (v1.3) and now that 1.4 is out I would like to know if it will work okay with ECS? I know that it's stated that is compatible with ACE, but what about ECS?

I was also looking at implementing the JTD Smoke mod as well, will I have any problems with that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Madmatt

JTD works great with ACE. Just make sure you are using the most recent XEH with it, the same goes for GL3 and ECS. Any old XEH files will kill compatibility. GL3 and ECS work fine as well. You just need to turn off certain features in ECS and GL3 that may conflict with ACE. The "settings.sqf's" for those mods need to be tweaked.

Okay, looks like I got ACE+ECS+GL3 all working very well now but I have noticed one little thing with GL3 (v1.4).

For some reason, even though its disabled in the GL3_Local.sqf file, the CAMP option continues to appear on my HUD and I can still seem to build camps.

Here is how I configured the sqf file:

GL3_Local set [24, False];

Any idea why that function can't seem to be disabled?

By the way, i have been testing this mod cocktail of mine with the original Sanitizing Operation Mission and it plays so much differently now.

Most times the A.I. calls back the Mi-17 that passes overhead at the beginning of the mission (I assume it was put in for ambiance originally) and it lands, the pilot gets out and begins to engage as well.

I did increase the threshold values for the AI to call in support but apparently they are still getting a little skittish and seem to call that bird back almost every time.

Either way, firefights seem much more interesting now. I just hope someone can help me out with the CREATE CAMP issue as I really don't like that feature and was hoping I could remove it as the docs seemed to indicate.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Hey guys, if anyone could help me on this I would appreciate it.

The map co@20_HighMountains_ACE_1_86 (maybe your familiar with it?) has Norrin's revive script and respawning (back to main base) in it. After I die and respawn, I can no longer call in artillery support, or extractions from my helicopters. How can I solve this? (My guess would be the respawned player no longer has GL3_Artillery_ID = this;, and GL3_Extraction_ID = this; in it's init field)

Much appreciated,

- Legato

Edited by LegatoReborn

Hi Madmatt,

well the setting for the Camp is wrong... Sorry my fault. :p

It has to be 21 and 22 instead of 24 and 25.

Go to the "GL3_Local.sqf" and replace:

// GL3 Expedition Core: ( Client )
 // Choose if a player should be able to build up a camp.
 // Description: After building up a camp, the player can choose to create a fire place or to remove the camp.
 // True / False, default is True
   // GL3_Local set [24, False];

// GL3 Expedition Fire:
   // Choose if a player should be able to create a fire place after building up the camp.
     // GL3_Local set [25, False];

with:

// GL3 Expedition Core: ( Client )
 // Choose if a player should be able to build up a camp.
 // Description: After building up a camp, the player can choose to create a fire place or to remove the camp.
   // GL3_Local set [21, False];

// GL3 Expedition Fire:
   // Choose if a player should be able to create a fire place after building up the camp.
     // GL3_Local set [22, False];

It is supposed to be like that, that a helicopter which has unmounted/eject the crew may do fly back to his original position and land.

Bevore helicopers, which was requested as reinforcement always did hovering above the target/player and some ppl of the community did not like this very much, so i made helicopters sometimes do return to the base, after unmounting/ejecting the crew.

I will have a look in the mission and see, if i should make some tweakes to this part of GL3.

@LegatoReborn

Sounds bad. Well i did many tests with the Revive and it always worked fine.

But of course may there is something wrong with it.

Like you already told it may is the reason, that the actins are not correct assigned to the player after a revive.

I will have a look at it immediately. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

I actually noticed the weird numbering of those sections but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way or not.

I made the edits and the Camp feature is now disabled. Thanks for your help!

Madmatt

Okay just had a look into the mission and yes the helicopter only is there for ambient.

The helicopter has a "get out + fire pause" waypoint which leads to the airport.

This is the reason, why the helicopter do land and the pilots get out of the helicopter after landing.

Normally a GL3 helicopter do not have such a strange behaviour. It's just becouse of the "get out + fire pause" waypoint.

EDIT:

@LegatoReborn

With vanilla ArmA and Revive everything works well.

The actions are correctly assigned after i was revived.

May can you pls give me some more informations:

Did you play alone or with other players?

Which revive did you use: AI-Enable or AI-Disable

Was there any J.I.P. situation, a player joins the mission while the mission already was in progress?

Edited by SNKMAN

Okay just had a look into the mission and yes the helicopter only is there for ambient.

The helicopter has a "get out + fire pause" waypoint which leads to the airport.

This is the reason, why the helicopter do land and the pilots get out of the helicopter after landing.

Normally a GL3 helicopter do not have such a strange behaviour. It's just becouse of the "get out + fire pause" waypoint.

EDIT:

@LegatoReborn

With vanilla ArmA and Revive everything works well.

The actions are correctly assigned after i was revived.

May can you pls give me some more informations:

Did you play alone or with other players?

Which revive did you use: AI-Enable or AI-Disable

Was there any J.I.P. situation, a player joins the mission while the mission already was in progress?

Thanks for such a quick response! Your right, the revive works perfectly, if someone revives me, I still have all the commands in my menu. It's when the, "Main Base" button pops up (no one was close enough to revive me in time) and I click it to respawn at my base is when I lose all my commands such as artillery and heli extraction.

I played with 2 others

The Revive version is : 1.4x (Revive able Players - AI disabled)

No J.I.P., We all started from lobby.

Okay that's something i can work with. ;)

So you say A.C.E. + GL3 + Revive do wark as long as you are revived by some other team mates.

You only loose the actions after you had to choose the "Respawn at base button"

Well i will see what i can find out.

Thanks for the info LegatoReborn.