Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

i dunno its still happening  tounge2.gif the action menu doesn't light up and I tried also shut down touchpad in case i would accidentally touch it but it seems every few times is shoot and zoom out from iron sights with AT 4 or m249 i get the binoculars up  tounge2.gif

I'll run more tests later today  crazy_o.gif

Hmm... strange... biggrin_o.gif

Are you using any other Mods/AddOns besides GL3 when this happends?

In all the time i'm working on GL3 now this never happend to me.

Ok guys just sat down tried ace and gl3 and pfff it works. Well I need to test it again, ecs maybe? I didnt change my settings, so no idea. Ill go back and try and get back soon.

PS: It is with ecs only. I can live without it. So it seems I can confirm that ace and gl3 work together.

Hi there all

Would very much like to use GL3 with Dac is there anyone willing to provide a mission example just so that i can see how DAC excutes GL

Would be very grateful

Many thanks in advance

I can't help you with this, becouse i do not have much experiance with DAC 2.

But some guy's already tryed it and had no success.

Well bouth DAC 2 and GL3 are A.I. Enhancement Systems, which works with waypoints.

So the chance to get them work toghetter correctly is very small i think.

@snkman

many thanks for the reponse

Man would you have a mission that i could look at to see how you got your ai to spawn

What i am tryin to create is mp clan mission and i dont know how to use your GL3 system to generate AI

This is a large clan Co Op would very much like the AI to spawn every so often etc

I you have an example that i could use that would be most appreciated

also does GL3 medic actually revive players?

many thanks in advance for your help

I think you did not understand what GL3 is all about.

GL3 has nothing to do with DAC.

These are 2 totally different systems.

DAC 2 do create units ( Spawn them ) GL3 is to use with usermade missions or any other mission, which was build in the Editor.

There surely is a way to spawn units and use them with GL3, but i never tryed this so far.

Nope GL3 has no feature to revive other A.I. units.

If you like to see, how to use GL3 please take a look at the example mission.

This is the basic how a GL3 mission could look like. wink_o.gif

hello SNKMAN, thanks a lot for GL3. got a question.

is it possible to make AI stay in cover more? i get the feeling that they charge too much.

thanks. GL3 is good clean fun.

edit: and im a bit confused about the manual. im running the actual version. is it still needed to init with the "GL3_Group = group this" ?. im using the xeh config. thanksalot

Hi Hadudy,

nice to hear you enjoy GL3. smile_o.gif

The next version comes wih a totally overworked Take Cover System, which do work way better then the current one.

No since GL3 v1.2 it's not needed any longer to use "GL3_Group = group this" GL3 do initialize the player group by its own now.

B.t.w. The manual is overworked too in v.1.3 wink_o.gif

well, looking forward to that 1.3 then smile_o.gif. i used to dig here and there in the code of your previous versions of group link 2. its all nicely written. big fan of your work.

v.1.3 is not that far away. wink_o.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Well a clean and optimized script synatxe is the most important thing ever!

If the syntax is mesed up, you will get in trouble very quick.

Very nice work, just a question:

why all GL3 features are restricted to ENEMY side ?

I miss these features for friendly side (except player's group obviously) - friendly AI deserves desperately same or better improvements ...

How can i get GL3 working with player's side TOO?

Thx.

Hi SNKMAN, many thanks for working on this.

How can we disable the automatic move orders that seem to be coming from the player ?

Whenever I'm team leader, in MP, everybody's getting a lot of messages like "GROUP, MOVE TO ..." which appear to be coming from me. That will also make all kinds of friendly units follow me whenever I make contact with the enemy.

It would be great to be able to disable that, but let it work for the AI controlled groups only.

Thanks.

@thelatinman

GL3 is a Enemy A.I. enhancement AddOn/Mod.

It's coded to enhance the enemy A.I. only.

My personally meaning is do NEVER put your hands on things, which will changes the players behaviour.

You will never make be able to create stuff everyone likes and if scripts do change players actions/tactics, then you may will loose controle very quick.

So to enhance the A.I. only is the best way.

Also giving players all the GL3 features would take up a lot more CPU/Engine resources.

@Robalo

You do something wrong i think.

The player/player group do not use the GL3 features and i never/the player/player group did never give move orders to their own team/units.

Sounds like there is something messed up with the enemy/friendly sides in your mission.

That's good to know, thanks. It must be the mix of addons I'm using then. I wonder if it's the new ACE XEH.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Group Link 3 v.1.3</span></span>

Example and Feature Missions:

In the folder “Example_Missions†you can find 3 totally new Example Missions, showing some of the new features and a new overworked Group Link 3 Core Example mission.

Enhancement and New Features:

Destruction Detection:

This feature let enemy A.I. detect, the destruction and/or explosion

Of several objects ( Car, Helicopter, Tank, Ship )

If enemy A.I. detects a explosion, then they may will walk ( if not in a vehicle ) to the position, where the explosion came from and check the erea for a specific amount of time.

Units/Groups in vehicles which discoverd the explosion will drive to the position of the explosion unmount the vehicle check the area for a specific amount of time, remount the vehicle and move their way on to the next waypoint. ( If any )

Many thanks to Legislator, who requested this feature.

Helicopter Insertion/Extraction:

Helicopters which was already called in as reinforcement and where the crew already is unmounted/ejectd will try to get other reinforcement groups faster to the conflict point, by Insertion and Extraction.

The Helicopters will fly to groups which do not have a vehicle and which are far away from the conflict point, to pick them up and transport them to the conflict point.

Requested by Lightman, becouse Helicopters did always stand still in the air, after reaching the conflict point.

Idea enhanced by =\SNKMAN/=

Enhanced Markers:

Artillery:

Added a artillery marker, which can be used to show the artillery vehicle

postion at the map.

Note: You need to add the Artillery vehicle class name ( “D30â€,â€M119†) to the marker list array to enable this feature.

Example: GL3_Public set [23, ["D30"]];

Garrison:

Added a Garrison marker, to the Enhanced marker script, to show which units/groups do garrison buildings.

Suppressed Fire:

Enemy ( A.I. ) units/groups, which are under suppressed fire now also do lay down suppressed fire target/player group.

Take Cover:

Made some very very big improvements with the Take Cover script.

Now looks like everything works like it should.

If the group, which is trying to take cover got more then 1 unit, then one unit of the group will stay at his position to give fire cover, while the rest of the group is trying to get to the cover positions.

House Search:

Rrewrote of the House Search feature to cover all avalible buildings in a specific range to the House Searcher.

Take Captive/Surrender:

Reactivation of the Take Captive/Surrender Feature.

Also greatly improvemed and enhanced the Take Captive/Surrender system.

Human A.I.:

Human A.I. General: The Human A.I. now is split up into 3 part’s.

1. Human A.I. Idle: Static Groups now will randomly sit down, talk to other units of their own group and/or go patroling for some time.

At night thouse groups also will make a fireplace, and sit around it.

Note: A fireplace only will be created by the group, if they are not in close range to a village or town.

2. Human A.I. Garrison: Units/Groups nearby a building and without moving waypoints may will garrison buildings nearby their position for cover.

3. Human A.I. Static Weapon Mount: Units/Groups nearby a empty static weapon

( vehicle ) “D30â€,â€M119†and so on will mount the weapon ( vehicle )

Since GL3 v.1.3 the Human A.I. features will be called by the Human A.I. core caller script, which do allow to add units/groups to the Human A.I. feature which first had a waypoint but after some time reached the unmount or stop waypoint.

Note:

Human A.I. Garrison and Human A.I.Idle is only used by units/groups which do not move.

Garrison:

Enemy A.I. units/Groups nearby a empty building and without moving waypoints may will garrison buildings nearby their position for cover.

Static Weapon Moun:

Enemy A.I. units/Groups nearby a empty static weapon ( vehicle ) “D30â€,â€M119†and so on will mount the weapon ( vehicle )

Note:

If the static weapon ( vehicle ) is a artillery vehicle, then this vehicle will be added to the GL3 Artillery array and gives enemy A.I. more artillery support.

Multiple Sides:

GL3 do now support multiple Enemy and Friendly sides.

This means missions with EAST vs RESISTANCE and WEST or WEST vs RESISTANCE and EAST are not a problem any longer.

Spawn Units/Groups:

GL3 do now can spawn units/groups.

A example mission in where to see, how to use the spawn feature can be found in

the “Example_Missions†folder.

Note: This feature is beta stage and need to be enhanced and improved in some parts.

Requested  by: warpuppy

Added:

Global Variables, to switch the GL3 FX Effects on and off ( True/False )

Global Variables, to switch distance of the GL3 FX Effects.

This meanes that the GL3 FX ( Explosion FX, Fire FX, Dustwave ) are only used ( Triggered ) when a player is inside this range.

To prevent CPU use due Effects, the player/s can’t see, becouse he/they are too far away from the object which use the FX.

Global Variables, to change the reinforcement call cycle time. Requested by deslok

Tweaked:

Church Chor volume -20 db.

Grenade Impact volume: - 20 db.

Spark Sound volume: -20 db.

Increase of the Weather Change and interval time.

Weather Interval: From: 300/600 To: 900/1200

Weather Change Time: From 124/124 To 300/600

Added a rotate effect to explosion debris.

Added the Public Variable Event Handlers to scripts with a huge “waitUntil†cycle.

Helicopter Unmount:

Now helicopters will land ( While Unmounting ) more far away from the conflict point, bevore they sometimes did land directly in very close range to the target group.

Group Link 3 Core Script:

Added a variable, which controles the speed of how fast the selection of the nearest reinforcements group will take.

In very big missions with 50 – 80 groups, it may sometimes could happend that Group Link had needed 10 – 20 sec. till it had identified the nearest possible reinforcement group.

In missions with over 30 groups, this variable now will increase the speed of how fast the reinforcement groups are checked and selected.

Syntax:

Enhanced the Human A.I. syntax.

Replaced the left “execVM†with call comiple.

Enhanced and optimized the Marker script.

Rewrote of the Human A.I. Idle feature syntax.

Rewrote of the Church Chor syntax.

Bug Fix:

Fixed a bug in the Rearm and Body Remove script.

Fixed a bug in the Remount Cycle. ( After an alert was cancelled )

Fixed a bug in the player inizialize. ( May this had caused some problems in bigger missions )

Fixed the E.E.H. ( Extendet Event Handlers ) config bug, which had resized the fonts/letters in ArmA and the editor.

Reworked and Overworked Features:

Fixed, Tweaked and overworked 60% of the GL3 features.

Dead Body Detect.

Take Cover.

Unmount.

Remount.

Group Link 3 Core.

Rewrote of the GL3 vehicle array system:

Now every vehicle of the base class: Car, Air, Tank and Ship are supported by GL3.

<span style='color:red'>Mirrors:</span>

Group Link 3 v.1.3

Group Link 3 v.1.3

SNKMAN...

You are still using publicVariables like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

publicVariable "(GL3_Server select 26)";

publicVariable "(GL3_Server select 25)";

publicVariable "(GL3_Server select 24)";

publicVariable "(GL3_Server select 1)";

publicVariable "(GL3_Server select 20)";

smile_o.gif

Xeno

Yes you are right _Xeno_

Well i really don't know why i still use them. whistle.gif

So now time to delete them.

Thanks for to hint _Xeno_ wink_o.gif

Well,i can't still get church lighting to work.I think there is conflict with ECS mod.Could you check?And what about making lighting random,adding blue,green and red also?

Mate you really do work fast!

About to give it a spin, I'll post back with feedback shortly or if its as good as I think it is..I'll post in afew hours biggrin_o.gif

Cheers & thanks for supplying us with improvements to this already great little addon. notworthy.gif

@hamis

Do you use the E.E.H. config, becouse E.C.S. use them too.

And what about making lighting random,adding blue,green and red also?

Well i never saw Churches lighted up in green or blue...

But ok i will add a variable, so everybody can change the light color by it's own in the next release.

@Mark XIII

@TeilX

The right word for this should be effective. wink_o.gif

@El nino Foxhound

Thanks for the mirror.

and what about making truck drivers without a squad move and transport squads without vehicles to the battle area?

same way as helicopters

Quote[/b] ]Do you use the E.E.H. config, becouse E.C.S. use them too

You mean XEH?ECS has one and your addon has one.