Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

=\Group Link 3 - The Ultimate A.I. and F.X. Enhancement/=

The Group Link History:

---------------------------

The original Group Link script was written by Toadlife.

KeyCat continued toadlife's work and heavily modified the original Group Link script and tweaked and enhanced it.

From now on Group Link was avalible and known as Group Link 2.

Group Link 3:

---------------------------

Group Link 3 still is based on the work of Toadlife and KeyCat but it's way more enhanced and optimized then ever bevore.

Group Link 3 is a AddOn based A.I. enhancement Mod, which is doing a lot of configuration's and setting's by it's own.

So it's not necessary to inizialize every group by putting "ge1=group this", "ge2=group this" and so on in the inizializing field of each group.

Group Link 3 is detecting every unit/group, which is used in a mission by it's own.

Basically Group Link was a A.I. enhancement script only, but i simply could not take off my hands from some very nice effect features,

which i missed so much from OFP.

Group Link 3 Compatibility:

-------------------------------

Cold War Rearmed v.1.0

A.C.E. - Advanced Combat Environment

AI - Enable and AI - Disable Revive Script By norrin

RKSL Cargo System

Group Link 3 Features:

--------------------------

- Enemy A.I. may request reinforcement.

- Enemy A.I. may request artillery support.

- Enemy A.I. do unmount their vehicles and helicopters after reaching the conflict point.

- Enemy A.I. in helicopters may do para drop or unmount the helicopter at the conflict point.

- Enemy A.I. may do drop smoke for cover while unmounting.

- Enemy A.I. on feet may drop smoke for cover after they had spotted a target/enemy.

- Enemy A.I. do react to gunfire.

- Enemy A.I. do react to suppressed fire.

- Enemy A.I. do perform house searche.

- Enemy A.I. may will try to find cover if they are under fire.

- Enemy A.I. with no or less ammo will try to rearme by dead units.

- Enemy A.I. groups with more then 3 units may will split up into several smaller groups to advance from several directions.

- Enemy A.I. may will look for empty vehicles, which they could use to get faster to the conflict point.

- Enemy A.I. and Player D.S.A.I.

- Enemy A.I. Difficult:

Set the difficult level of enemys also includes Skill Array Types: Spot Distance, Spot Time, Courage, Aiming Accuracy a.s.o.

- Enemy A.I. Body Remove:

Body's of dead enemy A.I. units will be removed from time to time, after a specific amount of dead body's was reached or if the players are in a specific range to the dead body's.

- Enemy A.I. Anti Water:

The anti water feature let units/groups which are in water check if any empty Boat's/Ship's are in a specific range.

If yes then the units/groups will use them to get, where they was ordered to go to.

This means if a part of a mission is on a island and groups which can be called in as reinforcements are on the dry land and/or another island,

then it would be good to place some empty Boat's/Ship's at the border of the dry land, so the groups which was requested as reinforcement can use the Boat's/Ship's to go to the island.

Group Link 3 FX Features:

-----------------------------

- Church Chor. ( Sound )

- Church Light. ( FX )

- Random Weather

- Bullet Whiz By. ( Sound )

- Shell Whiz By. ( Sound )

- Grenade impact Simulation. ( FX )

- Explosion FX. ( Debris, Dust Wave, Hot Ground )

- Fire, Ashes and Sparks

Group Link 3 Optimizing:

----------------------------

- D.G.A.S.: ( Dynamic Global Array System )

The Group Link 3 AddOn/Mod do use the D.G.A.S. which was created by E.C.P.

The D.G.A.S. guarantees the best performanc and the fastest way of script and function operations inside of Group Link 3.

- Group Calculation:

Group Link 3 is calculating the amount of still avalible enemy groups by it's own.

This means if you have set the maximum numbers of groups which can be called in as Reinforcements

to 5 and there are only 4 or 3 enemy groups avalible, then Group Link 3 will automatically re-calculate

the maximum amount of Reinforcements, which can be called at the same time.

- Helicopter Base:

In Group Link 2 you had to create a "HeliH" called EastBase or WestBase or ResistanceBase,

that the helicpoter know's where to fly to, after an alert was cancelled.

This is not needed any longer. Create as much Helicopter groups as you wish and every helicopter will return to his original position,

after an alert was cancelled.

- Groups Behaviour:

After an alert was cancelled, each group will go back into their original: Formation, Behaviour, Combat Mode and Speed Mode.

- Array Monitor:

Through the use of D.G.A.S. Group Link 3 now is based on Arrays.

Group Link 3 use 2 different monitoring script's which are monitoring the most important array's.

1. Player monitoring: This script do monitor all important arrays which stick to the Server.

2. Server Monitoring: This script do monitor all important arrays which stick to the Server.

Example: The monitor scripts take care, that no dead or unvalible unit and/or groups are stored in any of thouse arrays.

Group Link 3 How to install:

-------------------------------

Unrar the GL3 archive.

Place the "@GL3" folder into "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\"

Create a shortcut from your original ArmA.exe.

Right click on the shortcut and choose "Properties".

In the target field you have "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe"

Modify your shortcut target field to: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@GL3

Group Link 3 Setup and Config:

-----------------------------------

To see how Group Link 3 should be used please have a look into the ReadMe.doc or take a look at the Example Mission, which comes with Group Link 3.

Everything you need to know is documented there.

If there should be some more questions, which i forgot to write down in the ReadMe.doc please feel free to ask them in this thread.

To open the ReadMe.doc you need word or the Word Viewer 2003

CREDITS:

-----------

Armed Assault

B.I.S. (Bohemia Interactive Studio )

Operation Flashpoint Group Link The Original

Toadlife

Operation Flashpoint Group Link 2 The enhanced version

KeyCat

Armed Assault Group Link 3

=\SNKMAN/=

Operation Flashpoint Mod ECP ( Enhanced Configuration Project )

snYpir, Zayfod, Toadlife, Igor Drukov, General Barron, TJ

Please report any bugs you encounter at DevHeaven

Mirror:

-------

Group Link 3 v.1.4 ( Armaholic )

Group Link 3 v.1.4 ( Assault Mission Studio )

Group Link 3 v.1.4 ( 2shared )

Edited by SNKMAN

I've just tried it and all features seems to work fine, great job! The example mission was really creepy, once they see you they come from every direction land-air-sea smile_o.gif

Though I think this addon will work best with other addons. Does it work with ACE and FFN?

Nice work SNKMAN.

But... smile_o.gif

You use multiple times code like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

publicVariable "(GL3_Client select 0)";

I might be wrong but that doesn't do anything. It just sends out some value (if it really does) but there is no receiver who can use it. If you want to update that element of the array you have to use a "real" variable name to broadcast the data.

Something like element0 = GL3_Client select 0; publicVariable "element0"; and react with an addPublicVariableEventhandler or whatever.

Xeno

Thank's for all the mirrow's and new's. smile_o.gif

@Xeno

I think you are talking about the Client Monitoring script. Right?

In (GL3_Client select 0) all players ( Units of the Target Group ) are stored in.

GroupLink3.sqf the CORE of Group Link 3 is running on the Server only.

I thought this is the way to update informations which the server needs about the Target Group units, becouse Group Link 3 is counting (GL3_Client select 0) to see, if any enemy know's something about any unit in the Target Group.

But of course i'm always open for bug fixes and improvements about scripting. wink_o.gif

So i have to think about this once again.

Thank you very much for the information Xeno

@Mr Burns

Well yes. smile_o.gif

Look's like WarCat is history now. biggrin_o.gif

But like you can see many features of WarCat are implemented in Group Link 3 now. So it simply changed it's name. tounge2.gif

Brilliant!

I'll try it at once. Group Link has produced some fantastic firefights so far, and I cannot wait to try the new version.

Excellent work SNKMAN! Looking forward to try it out...

/KC

Great work. Thanks a lot!

How to initialize automatically without this beast without puttin' in a unit's init field "GL3_Group = group this" sintax?

How to initialize automatically without this beast without puttin' in a unit's init field "GL3_Group = group this" sintax?

"GL3_Group = group this" is alway's needed to inizialize Group Link 3.

You only need to put "GL3_Group = group this" in the inizialize field of the group leader of the player ( Target ) group.

If you do not set something else in the init.sqf or init.sqs like i did in the example mission, then Group Link 3 will inizialize all enemy groups at the map automatically as real GL3 ( Combat Groups ).

"GL3_Group = group this" is alway's needed to inizialize Group Link 3.

You only need to put "GL3_Group = group this" in the inizialize field of the group leader of the player ( Target ) group.

If you do not set something else in the init.sqf or init.sqs like i did in the example mission, then Group Link 3 will inizialize all enemy groups at the map automatically as real GL3 ( Combat Groups ).

Hi all,

First of all thank you for making this mod.

I'd have a question as I read it needs to be initialised in the mission script to be used. Does it mean that if I try to use it with already made missions or warfare for instance it wont work or it wont work on my team only? Sry but im not a scripter just a player.

Thx again

ps.: Is that right that I need the eventhandler to be run only once and as the last in the line( so I can take it out of ace folder for example and put it as last)?

So far Group Link 3 do only work if the player group is inizialized with "GL3_Group = group this" there is a way to make it work without inizializing by "GL3_Group = group this" but so far i choosed this one for this release.

To answere your question:

Already made missions which do not use the "GL3_Group = group this" will not run Group Link 3 only way to change this would be to open the mission in the editor and add the "GL3_Group = group this" to the player group.

I do not understand your P.s. question right...

But if you use several AddOns which are using eventhandlers, then you should use Group Link 3 with the Extended Eventhandlers, to make sure no other eventhandler get's overwritten.

I hope this was the question?

So far Group Link 3 do only work if the player group is inizialized with "GL3_Group = group this" there is a way to make it work without inizializing by "GL3_Group = group this" but so far i choosed this one for this release.

To answere your question:

Already made missions which do not use the "GL3_Group = group this" will not run Group Link 3 only way to change this would be to open the mission in the editor and add the "GL3_Group = group this" to the player group.

I do not understand your P.s. question right...

But if you use several AddOns which are using eventhandlers, then you should use Group Link 3 with the Extended Eventhandlers, to make sure no other eventhandler get's overwritten.

I hope this was the question?

1.)

Well, the question is that if I have more mods using eventhandlers than should I make a separate folder with eventhandler in it and place it as the last mod and make sure that is the only one?

Ie: if I use ACE and GL3 than I need to delete the eh. from the ace folder and than make sg like this: c:\.....arma.exe -mod=@ACE;@GL3;@eventhandler and make sure theres no eventhandler in the ace or GL3 folder or should I place the eventhandler in every folder?

2.)

Also as you said the already made missions wont use it. Does it mean that they wont use it at all like the enemy groups arent affected as well or is it just my team?

3.)

By any chance can u tell me how to put it in warfare pls?

Thank you for the quick reply

1.)

Well, the question is that if I have more mods using eventhandlers than should I make a separate folder with eventhandler in it and place it as the last mod and make sure that is the only one?

Ie: if I use ACE and GL3 than I need to delete the eh. from the ace folder and than make sg like this: c:\.....arma.exe -mod=@ACE;@GL3;@eventhandler    and make sure theres no eventhandler in the ace or GL3 folder or should I place the eventhandler in every folder?

2.)

Also as you said the already made missions wont use it. Does it mean that they wont use it at all like the enemy groups arent affected as well or is it just my team?

3.)

By any chance can u tell me how to put it in warfare pls?

Thank you for the quick reply

1) You only need one instance of XEH running, and if you use ACE it should be ACE's version. Just use the .pbo to make GL3 compatible with XEH, but don't the supplied XEH .pbo file.

2) Since groups in a mission need the correct init-line to make use of GL3 missions not made for use with GL3 will not use it. You'll have to modify the mission manually by making sure to add the correct code to the init-line of all units that you want to use GL3.

3) Open the Warfare.pbo (with for example UnPbo) in your ArmA/AddOns directory, and either put the folder it in your C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA\ProfileName\MPmissions directory and open it in the editor, or just open the mission.sqm file in a text editor and add the following to every vehicle/squad leader you want to use GL3: init="GL3_Group = group this"

Pack the .pbo again, and rename it to Warfare_GL3 or something like that.

There are probably much better ways to make alternative Warfare missions to have them make use of the Warfare.pbo anyway, but since I've never tried I give the clumsy but more or less working way :P

does this work on single player missions?

It does, as long as the units in the single players missions have the correct init-line to have them make use of GL3.

thx for the info. 1 little thingy still...

Does the eventhandler need to be the last of the modfolders or the first or sequence doesnt matter(so I can leave the one in ace folder there)?

It doesn't matter.

The Extended Eventhandler AddOn must be loaded just once if it's placed in the first or last position of loaded AddOn's really makes no difference.

It would be great if u could make it automatic for the sake of us non-scripters so we can use it in missions. Your mod seems really impressive but cant really use it if it doesnt work with the missions out there. Of course if its possible.

thx