Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

One question that MANY fans care about.

As to the issue at hand, if BIS don't include enough PvP then why not make your own? The editor is advanced enough, the game engine is complex enough to make all kinds of PvP that you can desire, if there aren't enough servers hosting PvP then get together with your friends and start up a PvP only server, if you build it they will come as the movie said wink_o.gif

I thought about what Marek said and it remind me one question, why nobody tryied to remade an OFP animations addons for Armed Assault, as some modders modified some animations DATA of the OFP game ?

IF necessary for ArmAII, I suppose it's never late to make one to suit with it.

Because of public playing and the impossibility to download addons on the fly when connecting on a modded server

Lol Guys you still arguing about pvp in arma - arma2, I can tell you bis have no plans to improve it for pvp and they never will cross your fingers for ofp2 it has more hope and looks better aswell.

To many co-op players on these forums killed this game with there so called "realistic game"

Do yourselves a favour when it comes out get the game by other means to test. If its any good buy it but I guarantee you it will be the same slow, buggy piece of crap it is today.

It would be interesting to see if the amount of units of arma vs arma 2 they sell drops because they pissed so many people off!

They lost 10 poeple I know of so theres -10 units.

Quote[/b] ]To many co-op players on these forums killed this game with there so called "realistic game"

It´s what kept OFP and Arma alive. A community dedicated to a realistic gaming approach and I guess most people are here for that very reason. If it´s not your game, it´s not your game.

Quote[/b] ]Do yourselves a favour when it comes out get the game by other means to test. If its any good buy it but I guarantee you it will be the same slow, buggy piece of crap it is today.

Is this an open call for software privacy ? Smart move.

Noone knows how Arma 2 will be, afaik BIS tries to take it to a high level wich is much appreciated by a lot of people here. Bad-mouthing from single users will have little to no effect for people who are confident that BIS will do their best to deliver a game that they can be proud of. Using THEIR forum to throw dirt into their direction is a no-go.

Quote[/b] ]It would be interesting to see if the amount of units of arma vs arma 2 they sell drops because they pissed so many people off!

Prepare to be surprised.

Quote[/b] ]They lost 10 poeple I know of so theres -10 units.

If they all share your personal spirit and attitude, I´d say it´s not a big loss.

slow, buggy piece of crap it is today.

But i love my slow, buggy piece of crap! nener.gif

To many co-op players on these forums killed this game with there so called "realistic game"

Players like you are the exact reason I prefer SP most of the time.

I prefer the slow, methodical, planned, realistic approach vs just joining a server to blow things up and shoot anything that moves. God only knows there's enough games out there that offer THAT choice.

Honestly folks, what is wrong with either game modes? I would love more than anything to see a good PvP going on in this game. I don't mean run and gun PvP like CoD4 or other arcade shooters, I mean PvP where the players play as if they were doing coop...only in this instance it isn't AI that either side will be facing. Think of the tactics that could be deployed against one another. The AI is fun and all, but I always enjoy having something human on the other end trying to kill me, because they are not always so easily shaken off as some AI can be, let alone so blindly dumb in many situations. (unless the player is a 15 year old kid going ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKE REAL MEN HULL TANK! )

Players like you are the exact reason I prefer SP most of the time.

I prefer the slow, methodical, planned, realistic approach vs just joining a server to blow things up and shoot anything that moves. God only knows there's enough games out there that offer THAT choice.

Join the army

Also if you read the posts you would see what we ask.

ante kai gamisou.

Dont think that most of ArmAs community wants fast paced, instant respawn PvP matches.

I see ArmAs community wanting simulated real life battles and warfare was a good start. I hope we get a a modified version of the warfare map with ArmAII.

I see a multifaceted ArmA II community that accept many different types of gaming.

Looks like I'm a dreamer, sadly

I see a multifaceted ArmA II community that accept many different types of gaming.

Looks like I'm a dreamer, sadly

icon_rolleyes.gif i have the same dream  icon_rolleyes.gif

It would be just great to be able to enjoy every game-mode in ArmAII!

In OFP are nearly all possible game-modes available and fun, on the contrary has ArmA only a few game-modes which are highly frequented and nothing else, so lets hope ArmAII will find back to the greatness of good old OFP with all the wide variety in game-modes with many people enjoying them.

The potential is there and we will have the chance to find out soon, if ArmAII is just another ArmA or the real successor of OFP. smile_o.gif

In OFP are nearly all possible game-modes available and fun, on the contrary has ArmA only a few game-modes which are highly frequented and nothing else

I just don't get it that how things turned into this. What happened? Did old MP-community just fade to other games or to private servers... Did it degenerate or advance to "higher" step of MP-gaming?

As far as i can see this is common trend in MP-gaming overall. People like to play regular maps to which they have got used to. Why is this? Because they want to perform well, because they want to play it safe (=eat pizza always with onion, kebab and pepperoni) or because they have nice memories of them?

I don't understand the reasons, but i sure would like to know answer.

Ps. Am i only one who is in impåression that at start Arma served quite selection of various missions in MP, but soon at least public servers started to run just same few missions.

I think its partly because many of the casual players in OFP walked out of Arma because of its buggyness upon release, and higher system requirements.

"One question that MANY fans care about"

Don't really think so. A few maybe.

If you want PvP ... there's tons of them out there , from DoD through BF2 up to CoD5 to name but a few.

If you want good co-op , there are very few that offer the opportunity.

Don't understand why you would be so concerned about PvP with ArmedA since that would degrade it to a CoD clone and IMO , the ONLY fascination with PvP is to see how many kills you can rack up before you go down.

Co-op OTH , offers the opportunity to work as a team with friends to complete a mission by supporting and assisting rather than running aorund blowing things up.

Besides, PvP servers for the most part are simply [unenjoyable].

We (the gamers in our family) agree. We have played PvP tournament games and are completely uninterested in PvP play anymore. We now play with a team of strictly like-minded coop players.

We note that high-speed internet connections and high-end computers are absolutely critical to be competitive in PvP play.

There are other games for PvP - SOCOM Confrontation, CoD WaW, and BF2, to name a few. If PVP players really want their play style in ArmA, they should consider using the mission editor tools to develop missions for their community. We prefer that the Bohemia Interactive developers remain focused on their strengths - great cooperative play against the most challenging AI in the FPS industry.

This is, of course, strictly our preference. The value of a gaming community is voicing all opinions for developers and publishers to see what their customers want.

Edit: No, coop players are not as a group hostile towards PVP players. No, coop players do not as a group try to assert that pvp players should not play ArmA. Such claims are strictly contra hominem (personal) attacks aimed at trying to discredit people rather than engage in reasoned discussion.

The coop players posting in this thread do consistently agree that there are several other games already that cater to pvp play styles. Furthermore, if pvp players really want their play styles in ArmA, the mission editor is readily available for their use. Therefore, it seems logical that Bohemia Interactive should not divert their development resources to support a niche customer base inconsistent with BI's strengths and prior product focus.

Edited by Cardhu
Added content.

Exactly.

I have NEVER played PvP in ArmA where people truly co-operated with their team to accomplish the objective.

And the *current* engine simply does not excel in CQC, in which many PvPs take place. I have played a few PvP games, and it truly degrades to a crappy wannabe CoD.

If you want CoD - or BF2 - go play either one of those. I am a CoD player. And I love it, it is brilliant for some quick fun. But don't try turning ArmA into CoD or BF, and certainly don't turn it into a competition. This is the only game of its kind which the public can readily access. Don't degrade from its sim qualities.

Hi all

There are lots of PvP gameforms.

Some like the points based paint ball style. The enclosed CTF, Death Match etc. And I like the occasional half hour of hexenkessel though it is now less than once a month.

Others like the Open CTF style and many prefer the C&H such as Berzerk for which BIS's OFP 1 and ArmA are more suited.

Others prefer the large scale CTI missions such as Warfare.

Others still prfer the realistic PvP Coops like Presense Patrol where sides are not equal the warfare is realistic and asymetric. Where the win concepts are complex and even convoluted.

I must admit those are the PvP form I prefer. I am not against twitch play, I began with it one and a half decades ago with Doom, Quake and Duke Nukem. It is just I prefer the the cerebrel forms where twitch is just as aspect. As I pointed out I like complex game forms.

The thing about BIS's OFP 1 and ArmA is that it is the only game that allows them all in the same mission.

Kind Regards walker

So this game IS NOT a PVP game? I myself have ZERO interest in fighting against bots. I thought this games MAIN focus was on PVP? No? Ugh. I don't know where you guys have been but PVP is 100 times better than fighting against some bots. Humans are VERY unpredictable. There is a GREAT sense of pride in knowing some guy is throwing his keyboard against the wall at the other end of the internet connection compared with BOT number 72 has died. I thought this game was going to be like

Project Reality Xtimes 1000. Bots are really designed for people that lack the skill to take on a human competitor. Basically noobs (no offense to anyone not capable of handling the challenge of human opponents).

It has both the option of PVP and coop. So what is there to argue about?

So this game IS NOT a PVP game? I myself have ZERO interest in fighting against bots. I thought this games MAIN focus was on PVP? No? Ugh. I don't know where you guys have been but PVP is 100 times better than fighting against some bots. Humans are VERY unpredictable. There is a GREAT sense of pride in knowing some guy is throwing his keyboard against the wall at the other end of the internet connection compared with BOT number 72 has died. I thought this game was going to be like

Project Reality Xtimes 1000. Bots are really designed for people that lack the skill to take on a human competitor. Basically noobs (no offense to anyone not capable of handling the challenge of human opponents).

WTF u even played CTI or EvolutionBlue ?

U cant play without Bots.

And boths Gamemods are the best

WTF u even played CTI or EvolutionBlue ?

U cant play without Bots.

And boths Gamemods are the best

Well, analyzing his text and number of posts, I'd say he's a BF2 faggot. (no offence)

ArmA PvP is awesome. To bad 97.3% of the servers are coop... :confused:

Well, analyzing his text and number of posts, I'd say he's a BF2 faggot. (no offence)

Judging by your reply and your number of posts I suggest you quickly read and understand our forum rules you accepted as you signed up.

We do not tolerate any namecalling here, no matter if you add "no offence" to it or not.

I don't care about the story in ArmA2.. I'm only looking for a nice multiplayer platform. And i have big concerns about the quality of the multiplayer.

PvP is the most important part of multiplayer. And creation of a nicely balanced PvP game is a really difficult job. Look at Left 4 Dead. Absolutely best multiplayer of 2008 and the engine is a slightly modded Source ;))) Valve made an exelent job with LOTS of testing and balancing.

Too bad BIS don't have Valve's experience and resourses..

I got to play some interesting PvP in ArmA the last few days. One thing I think is that the usual set of game modes can almost seem uninteresting. Capturing flagpoints and such is so overdone that it becomes boring quickly in a map as big as ArmA's, especially when the capture points are only in a small portion of the island. Really in a game like this there needs to be larger more complex objectives to have, which I'm sure some mission makers have done, I just don't think they've been circulated very much.

Basically noobs (no offense to anyone not capable of handling the challenge of human opponents).

That's a funny statement.

You're wrong, these "noobs" just like diff kind of gameplay, it is not they aren't capable of, they just don't want/don't like to.

I think you pretty much missed the point, ArmA is a good game for PvP battles, just the game is even more suitable for people looking for a strategic and slow paced gameplay which involves cooperation and tactics.

I haven't played a coop game for ages (not sp games also), but I am pretty sure you will not like the way you "control the soldier" aka controls&animations, because that's the reason a lot of the Operation Flashpoint gamers didn't like ArmA (along with the bugged realease ofc).