Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

One question that MANY fans care about.

If you dont care about PvP in ArmA2 or what we want GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.Stop being off-topic,spamming,flaming,trolling and abusing the thread.

WE DONT WANT OFP,ARMA,ARMA2 to change gameplay.

WE LOVE OFP,ARMA as it is.

WE JUST WANT SOME BASIC PVP MAPS FROM BIS.

Your beloved ArmA bots are smarter than you.

Not sure what is being said that's making you so angry, certainly you're the one that's flaming people from what I can see.

As to the issue at hand, if BIS don't include enough PvP then why not make your own? The editor is advanced enough, the game engine is complex enough to make all kinds of PvP that you can desire, if there aren't enough servers hosting PvP then get together with your friends and start up a PvP only server, if you build it they will come as the movie said wink_o.gif

Now please go back to debating calmly without resorting to flaming.

"get together with your friends and start up a PvP only server"

You are far away from the topic.The matter is not ''some friends gather and play a PvP user made mission".The matter is official PvP missions so we can play them on tournaments like ESL or other leagues.

"Not sure what is being said"

Really?

Quote[/b] ]And during these 10 minutes between my post and yours you went to the editor and did the things I pointed out?

I dont have problems with the movement. I dont know how to make that any clearer to you

Quote[/b] ]No it's not.

Yes it is.

Quote[/b] ]Then why do you have false assumptions of what I want when I clearly said what I want?

I apologized for the one false assumption I made.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe it's because judging from your posts you don't know much about pvp or the people who play it in OFP and ArmA. It also condescending to ignore everything they tell you and to think that you know better what kind of game they want. Then you dig into your defensive position and start talking about things that nobody except yourself brought up.

I dont care what kind of game you or they want. I only care that ArmA/ArmA 2 are not changed to be more PvP friendly at the expense of the main fanbase.

Quote[/b] ]Did you do it in OFP or ArmA?

I was playing OFP and designing missions from the day it was released. The group I play with were entirely PvP in the beginning.

Quote[/b] ]Might I remind you that you weren't on topic to begin with? The topic is about official pvp missions.

Might I remind YOU that I am discussing the topic (as much as you might not like what I have to say) and you are making snidey comments about windmills. Try to differentiate.

Regards,

Eth

If you dont care about PvP in ArmA2 or what we want GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.Stop being off-topic,spamming,flaming,trolling and abusing the thread.

Apart from anything else, this answer was not intended for you.

Calm down.

Eth

Quote[/b] ]And during these 10 minutes between my post and yours you went to the editor and did the things I pointed out?

I dont have problems with the movement. I dont know how to make that any clearer to you

Quote[/b] ]No it's not.

Yes it is.

Quote[/b] ]Then why do you have false assumptions of what I want when I clearly said what I want?

Quote[/b] ]Maybe it's because judging from your posts you don't know much about pvp or the people who play it in OFP and ArmA. It also condescending to ignore everything they tell you and to think that you know better what kind of game they want. Then you dig into your defensive position and start talking about things that nobody except yourself brought up.

I dont care what kind of game you or they want. I only care that ArmA/ArmA 2 are not changed to be more PvP friendly at the expense of the main fanbase.

I was playing OFP and designing missions from the day it was released. The group I play with were entirely PvP in the beginning.

Quote[/b] ]Might I remind you that you weren't on topic to begin with? The topic is about official pvp missions.

Might I remind YOU that I am discussing the topic (as much as you might not like what I have to say) and you are making snidey comments about windmills. Try to differentiate.

Regards,

Eth

Calm down.

Eth

I am very calm just writing CAPS to make sure that you will see what I am writing and you dont change what I am saying.You did it many times and not only with me.

I didnt think that the reply intended to me.

P.S. : Are you the guy who said that you aren't going to reply to me?

Quote[/b] ]No it's not.

Yes it is.

Regards,

Eth

Calm down.

Eth

I am very calm just writing CAPS to make sure that you will see what I am writing and you dont change what I am saying.You did it many times and not only with me.

I didnt think that the reply intended to me.

P.S. : Are you the guy who said that you aren't going to reply to me?

You dont sound calm.

I've never changed anything you said.

I'd suggest you take it easy as you have now been warned by 2 seperate mods.

I had no intention of replying to you until you told me to F-off in response to a post that wasnt even intended for you.

Lets leave it at that shall we. I agree to disagree smile_o.gif

Eth

Please.

Anyone who doesn't want to talk about pvp missions, please don't post here. This thread is a disgrace.

Please.

Anyone who doesn't want to talk about pvp missions, please don't post here. This thread is a disgrace.

So, back on topic.

What kind of PvP scenarios are you interested in seeing?

Eth

Please.

So, back on topic.

Eth

Deathmatch.

Please.

So, back on topic.

Eth

Deathmatch.

Straight FFA DM?

I used to like that in Vietcong .... was good fun.

Eth

@Ptolemaios: There is really no reason to get upset about a thread in this forum. wink_o.gif

The thread title says:

PvP...

Everybody can clearly see that this thread goes about "MANY fans" and "PvP".

Maybe a thread title with a more clear statement would have helped to let the thread ontopic, like: Request for more official PvP missions

I really have to apologize that we do not only discuss the question about more official PvP missions by BIS in ArmAII in this thread.

Furthermore, i have to say that we already reached a point in this discussion where we already found out that ArmAII will have PvP missions and that there will be a mission-editor for a good reason.

However, this thread already moved over to a more interesting point.

The question why there is so less PvP in ArmA and what can help to have more PvP in ArmAII?

I posted already some suggestions about this problem of some active discussion partners in this thread.

Here a quote of it:

Quote[/b] ]-CyDoN thinks its because of the lack of BIS made standard PvP missions.

-ethne thinks its because ArmA is not designed for it.

-Michael_Wittman thinks its because of the cheaters.

-Akira BAADAKKU thinks its because of the missing OFP players who left ArmA because of the slow movements and controls compared to OFP.

-I think its because of the unpolished movements and controls.

The majority of the active people here in this thread thinks that the controls and movements are the major reason for the missing PvP part of ArmA and are hoping that there will be an improvement to be seen in ArmAII.

I cant speak for all, but i think that most of us dont wanna see ArmAII transformed into an arcade shooter like many other FPS games out there. The people who loved the PvP style of OFP are not interested in bunny-hopping games.

We all love the freedom of modding and the creation possibilities of it and of course the nice scenario and environment which no other game is able to deliver.

I think on that basis everyone can see that we just have a valid point about the controls and movements in ArmA and that we just wanna see an improvement of it in ArmAII.

The reason why the people of the PvP part of ArmA are mostly concerned about the controls and movements of the infantry units is the fact that in PvP you need to be faster than your opponent otherwise you are dead and therefor you need controls which react and no stop-and-go if you run from one cover to another.

I really dont think we have to get into detail about the concerns we have with the controls and movements in ArmA.

Everyone who takes his time to just try out the controls and movements of an infantry unit can clearly see the unpolished parts of it which can really disturb your gaming experience.

It should be clear that an improvement of the animation and controls wont hurt anyone. It would just make ArmAII to a better game for all of us. wink_o.gif

PS: I got an idea about the PvP missions problem of CyDoN and Ptolemaios, how about to make missions by yourself and send them in to BIS, maybe they will make them official and implement them in a patch? wink_o.gif

Or another idea, how about BIS are looking after the most frequent missions online and overwork them and release them within a patch then?

Just some thoughts. tounge2.gif

Please.

So, back on topic.

Eth

Deathmatch.

I Almost drop from the chair laughing....oh boy...thank you for that one

@Ptolemaios: There is really no reason to get upset about a thread in this forum. wink_o.gif

The thread title says:

PvP...

Everybody can clearly see that this thread goes about "MANY fans" and "PvP".

Maybe a thread title with a more clear statement would have helped to let the thread ontopic, like: Request for more official PvP missions

I really have to apologize that we do not only discuss the question about more official PvP missions by BIS in ArmAII in this thread.

Furthermore, i have to say that we already reached a point in this discussion where we already found out that ArmAII will have PvP missions and that there will be a mission-editor for a good reason.

However, this thread already moved over to a more interesting point.

The question why there is so less PvP in ArmA and what can help to have more PvP in ArmAII?

I posted already some suggestions about this problem of some active discussion partners in this thread.

Here a quote of it:

Quote[/b] ]-CyDoN thinks its because of the lack of BIS made standard PvP missions.

-ethne thinks its because ArmA is not designed for it.

-Michael_Wittman thinks its because of the cheaters.

-Akira BAADAKKU thinks its because of the missing OFP players who left ArmA because of the slow movements and controls compared to OFP.

-I think its because of the unpolished movements and controls.

The majority of the active people here in this thread thinks that the controls and movements are the major reason for the missing PvP part of ArmA and are hoping that there will be an improvement to be seen in ArmAII.

I cant speak for all, but i think that most of us dont wanna see ArmAII transformed into an arcade shooter like many other FPS games out there. The people who loved the PvP style of OFP are not interested in bunny-hopping games.

We all love the freedom of modding and the creation possibilities of it and of course the nice scenario and environment which no other game is able to deliver.

I think on that basis everyone can see that we just have a valid point about the controls and movements in ArmA and that we just wanna see an improvement of it in ArmAII.

The reason why the people of the PvP part of ArmA are mostly concerned about the controls and movements of the infantry units is the fact that in PvP you need to be faster than your opponent otherwise you are dead and therefor you need controls which react and no stop-and-go if you run from one cover to another.

I really dont think we have to get into detail about the concerns we have with the controls and movements in ArmA.

Everyone who takes his time to just try out the controls and movements of an infantry unit can clearly see the unpolished parts of it which can really disturb your gaming experience.

It should be clear that an improvement of the animation and controls wont hurt anyone. It would just make ArmAII to a better game for all of us. wink_o.gif

PS: I got an idea about the PvP missions problem of CyDoN and Ptolemaios, how about to make missions by yourself and send them in to BIS, maybe they will make them official and implement them in a patch? wink_o.gif

Or another idea, how about BIS are looking after the most frequent missions online and overwork them and release them within a patch then?

Just some thoughts. tounge2.gif

Frantic if you look at the first pages we have a link of the ESL and AL mission packs.They are not our creation but I think its a very good start for BIS.If you want take a look.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4584 (5vs5+)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4589 (2vs2 or 3vs3)

sparks50 because few guys here dont like to make/play "nonofficial missions", instead they want blame BIS again if such "official mission" doesnt fit into their kind of gameplay...  wink_o.gif

Even if they were official, no-one would play them these days....

Face it, the Arma game(s) are not primarily made for quick/fast Deathmatch action.

Its some sort of "tactical simulation", Tactical Team vs. Team or Coop Maps are their métier.

I wouldn't hope that it will be any different for Arma2....

sparks50 because few guys here dont like to make/play "nonofficial missions", instead they want blame BIS again if such "official mission" doesnt fit into their kind of gameplay...  wink_o.gif

most useless post in this topic.I guess BIS is busy making cows,copying mods of the community and reskin ArmA units and not some official missions.You see I can blame BIS even now.

@Sparks50

Because every game that respect itself has official missions that can be played in tournaments.The official mission has a special burden to the players.

These missions should be included as well:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1442

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1337

Who is going to play them if they are not official?

Thats right Celery.Thats what I am saying.

If those missions were official the things would be different.

(Tequila Sunburn my favourite  wink_o.gif  thumbs-up.gif )

sorry but that are ArmA missions, you wont seen them in ArmAII, only if ArmAII has Sahrani implemented.

And i really dont think it will make a huge difference if a mission is official or custom made. Only if a missions is really good, then more people would be able to play them from the start. But if its like in ArmA with its terrible PvP missions within the game then nobody will remember the official missions and will just continue playing well made custom missions.

The OFP/ArmA community likes self-made content and if something is good then it will be played!

Some of my CTF missions are still played in OFP and ArmA and you can be sure that some of Celery's DM missions are also often in use.

Nobody will be angry obout BIS if they implement some bug-free, well-made official missions in ArmAII.

Many old OFP veterans still remember the greatness of ArmA's precursor. The freedom of every game-mode possible in OFP.

Thats what we wanna see reimplemented in ArmAII, because we love the variety and its just a great thing to have all possibilities of every gaming-style available in one game.

You all know the missions-editor and with its powerful scripting-language all game-styles can be created with it.

Thats why we would like to see a huge improvement of several things in ArmAII compared to ArmA, like reacting controls, fluent movements and no longer the feeling to control a robot instead of a soldier in war.

Some well made PvP missions on the ArmAII disc wont hurt anyone and it will help the online community to have some fun with PvP missions right from the start! wink_o.gif

Variety is the key word and OFP was known of its huge variety in missions and addons.

Game2=ArmAII is the real successor of OFP and thats why many OFP veterans hope that more people will be able to enjoy the quality of a game which provides you with lot of different game-styles, game-modes, missions and content, just like OFP still do and hopefully ArmAII will do too!

I think when i compare the time of playing BIS made missions to the community stuff i played, then the community will win with a huge gap in between.

So some BIS made missions will be good for some time, but i dont think they will last forever.

I would suggest the possibility to post missions in a special missions-thread and the community can vote which missions should be made official by BIS, so BIS can still decide if they wanna overwork those missions or not and implement them in a next patch.

Thats the only way i can think of to get missions official.

However, it would still be a great thing to see high quality missions made by BIS just right from the start in ArmAII.

few? lol like every guy who buys the game cares about missions making? Why should they? I buy the game to play with other orginized clans PvP not to play with scripts or the editor, you know why? Because I don't care about it, I only care about playing the damn game and most of the PvP ppl do the same, go at:

gotfrag.com

and ask "how many of you know how to make maps with the World Editor", then ask "how many of you care to learn how?" The answear will be 1 in the whole forum tops, why?? Because the is Dust2 there is Inferno there is Cbble there is Nuke there is Fire and a few more maps called official. Have you ever wondered why there are no VIP or hostage missions played on tournamets in CS or Americas Army?

"They want to blame BIS"? what is there in ur head, like if we have something personal with BIS I really don't get why you defend them? Is it empty? really read your post again carefully and analize every sentece and then try to think a bit, I know its hard for you but try.

And the sarcasm in the end wink_o.gif

Good points Frantic.

I think BIS said that they will make quality over quantity in ARMA2 and that the game modes were "CTI COOP" and "CTI PvP". Same mission that is just with some variations for both.

If they got settings like size and objectives then it might be good for starters actually. You get COOP and PVP. You can use whole Chechnarus or parts of it. If its made as the only mission(s) then i guess a lot of thaught and quality gone into that mission(s).

Regards

Alex

so deathmatch is very important and they d better put their effords on that? Well... Now it makes sense to tell you. GO PLAY BF2....

Some people still dont get what this game is all about...=(

so deathmatch is very important and they d better put their effords on that? Well... Now it makes sense to tell you. GO PLAY BF2....

Some people still dont get what this game is all about...=(

+1

Like said before.... the game is not really suited for quick deathmatch and other such kind of gameplay....

Optimum would be Quake3 for that tounge2.gif

Can we move on ? This thread is getting repetitive and pretty unconstructive.

In a nutshell :

- We know there will be official PVP maps in Arma 2

- We don't know how much or how good it will be

- Arma1 movement felt clunky and slow for many PVP Players, hopefully it will change,

- PVP is not only Deathmatch and bunny hoping

- CLAN PVP has nothing to do with Public PVP

- Team vs Team PVP can be very organized, just as much than COOP players

- Coop players fear that their beloved game is made in another BF2 clone,

- PVP players fear that their beloved game lose all the fun they had in OFP,

- Many COOP players don't understand why there should be any official PVP mission to start with (see editor),

- Many PVP players don't understand why they should use the editor in the first place

- Rince, Repeat...

Can we move on ? This thread is getting repetitive and pretty unconstructive.

Oh really biggrin_o.gif

This thread is basically like bucket where i would do my shit if i wouldn't have toilet. Toilet is too applauding word form this thread as toilet is pretty advanced stuff, bucket is not. Bucket is something which is rather primitive compared to toilet.

There are good writings and good attitude by some writers (basically those who wish that ArmA2 would give nice experiences for both PvP and COOP-player and those who likes to play both), but then again there those who are one of dirties and most disgusting assholes ever lived in internet. Terrible attitude.