Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

One question that MANY fans care about.

@Frantic

My opinion is that the problem are not the movment my friend. The problem is that there was no map pack to play with. Most PvP players tried to play ArmA but found no maps to fight others, in a clan level also. This was a big strike at the game, especialy when clan matches consists of 5vs5 to 10vs10 tops for various reasons. Another problem is people who say this silly things like "you want pvp go play bf2" if you read some of the posts here in this thread you end up rofl, someone said that we (the pvpers) want visibily of 200m or something like that, generaly ArmA community is agianst PvP. They tend to think that with addons and mods things get improved, which is a silly thing also as addons are not allowed to be used in matches or at least the use of specific ones is only available.

@-Total-

We tried to get into TWL but we didnt see much as u mentioned although ESL was my best expirience with ArmA. Great maps, great teams and players. We still play those maps up until now and yes in general in the US ArmA was more for evoloution smile_o.gif

The problem as I and others metioned before many times is the officiality of maps, some say that in order to play one must make his own maps, thats pointless I know the basics of scripting and map making but

First: I don't want to spend my time on that, many people have no idea for how to make maps.

Second: I gave 45Euros dont I deserve to have 10 damn maps?.

Third: How is going to gurentee that the maps will be blanaced?

Last: Is anyone willing to join a sever with a map called B2T (the best map in ArmA if you ask me)?

The PvP players in all games do not care to learn how the game was made, most warcraft 3 playres that play DOTA do not know that warcraft3 has an editor. They want to play the GAME against other players in some organizations in order to achive competition and PLAY nothing more nothing less, they do not care about addons or simulation or whatever.

pistols.gif

You say that you dont wanna make missions by yourself, because you think that BIS has to do it?crazy_o.gif

BIS already proved in ArmA that they are not really interested in making PvP missions.

The few PvP missions in ArmA were just bad, lots of bugs and not really balanced too.

You say that you spent 45€ and so there should be quality PvP missions within ArmAII?

I can underline that, but sadly as i said already BIS is not really interested in PvP and i think even if they try they would fail. tounge2.gif

There is a good reason why BIS dont care about PvP missions within the game and we all know it.

The mission-editor is all what we need. Ok you need the players too to test the missions, but that worked well in OFP and ArmA.

However, the PvP community will never be as popular in ArmAII as in some other games.

We can just hope that the PvP community in ArmAII will be nearly as good as it was in OFP. smile_o.gif

Many people would like to see the PvP community in ArmAII more popular as in CSS, but thats just wishful thinking.

The only way i can think of to get quality PvP missions within ArmAII is by doing it by ourself and sending them in to BIS and maybe they implement them in a next patch.

Well made custom missions always spread out and league play is also possible with self-made missions. Just publicize them on the ArmAII fan pages and then you will see them on many servers. wink_o.gif

However, you are right with the appeal for quality PvP missions within ArmAII.

That would help the PvP community alot and would not scare away many possible PvP players from the beginning.

But i still think that the clunky controls and the robotic movements are the real reason for the nearly non existence of PvP play in ArmA!

It is funny how people used to tell you to go play BF when you "accidentally" speak about pvp...

BF ?? What is it ? hmmm...hoo...I may renember, is it Battelfield ?? And Battelfield 2 by the same way ??

Are those game still existing ?? I renember I tested the BF2. Yeah was funny...you know...just like that...but I fastly as other players get bored of it. Why should we replay that ? You're misunderstanding the players whom you speak to.

There are no CS players here, nor Cod4 players, or whatever classic fps game that I could make an endless list. We're almost all from OFP and ArmA, other players would be horrified or shooked to see the name "ArmA" on a forum and would certainly go away.

So please everybody...do not speak about this game anymore, nobody care of it and this repetition, especially when it is used as an argument, is getting on our nervs, because it DOES mean NOTHING...

80% of OFP pvp players had played coop for months and years, they surely know better than you do about what was so cool with OFP, and what was the failure with ArmA. They played almost every mods and type of game from OFP (COOP, ctf, c&h, cti, serial-killer, hunt-the-rabbit, CrymeCity...and so on), so when ArmAII is explicitly meant by this community to be only a COOP game...we're laughing our head off, because it's so ridiculous and is a pig-headed way to see ArmAII as a "future" excellent game just because of COOP simulation.

Look to ArmA...how many years before it collapsed ? One year ?? Okay, one year and half maximum ??

Even OFP is more active today...

Ha yes I almost forget it, you're gonna say me "Hey you're wrong, look how many coop evolution there are, and if want play classic coop there are still some of them which hide in the server list"

COOP Evolution...only a few of you are playing this, and if you're looking for a real coop you know it's almost as hard to find it as it is to find a CTF.

How many times we have to speak about it, how many time we have each other repeated ourself about the question.

But still I've got the feeling that the community desperatly want to make of this game another failure.

OFP was the best wargame based on a simulation "structure", but still it was so well balanced in the gameplay, and especially about THE MOVEMENTS (and the problem had not come because of the mapping, which was still devellopped on ArmA whatever it was C&H or CTF...), which allow players to have so much comfort and different style of gaming. The CTF, DM fraggers, C&H players, CTI players, none of those type of game spoiled OFP, none of those prevented COOP players to play with so much satisfaction a coop mission as I've so enjoyed in the past myself.

OFP was and is still the exception of every FPS game I met before, even every games who are existing and existed. It unified RTS, RPG, and FPS players, thanks to the hugeness of gameplay possibilities, and its amazing gameplay balance which was maybe the result of "luck" or mistake by the developpers, who, as an alchemist, found the supreme potion by mistake.

IS the PvP important for ArmA II ?? Of course it is, and I hope the developpers didn't forget it.

ArmAII does not have to be an exclusive COOP game, OR the marvelousness of OFP would be definitively reminded as a MYTH

without successor, a story from the past, a science and an Art forgotten forever.

If you are expecting ARMA II will build a large community of PvP be sure to ask for a solid easy-to-use anticheating system otherwise the vast mayority of players will flee from Arma II faster than the speed of light. Its a common problem with every PvP capable game out there...and the greatness of this game is also its sin...its too open.

quote from the Russian interview of Ivan Buchta translated by Raphier: link

Quote[/b] ]Gameinator: What multiplayer game modes will there be?

Bohemia Interactive: We are seriously focused and we want to make them similar to Warfare mode, it works perfectly for our games, but we also have incorporated more popular multiplayer modes (deathmatch, team deathmatch, Capture the flag). mission editor will allow players to quickly and easily make custom modifications.

And of course we must not forget that in Armed Assault 2 players will be able to join 'my friends' to play an entire campaign in co-operative multiplayer. Fans for several years begged us for it, now it's possible!

So there will be CTF missions made by BIS. notworthy.gif

Looking forward to see them. smile_o.gif

But i still think that the clunky controls and the robotic movements are the real reason for the nearly non existence of PvP play in ArmA!

Yep agreed, maps were never the issue especially with ARMA where all the popular MP missions were quickly ported.

But even if one says game is coop focused not pvp, where was the co-op? every server is just evolution or similar, thats not really co-op.

@Frantic

My opinion is that the problem are not the movment my friend. The problem is that there was no map pack to play with. Most PvP players tried to play ArmA but found no maps to fight others, in a clan level also. This was a big strike at the game, especialy when clan matches consists of 5vs5 to 10vs10 tops for various reasons. Another problem is people  who say this silly things like "you want pvp go play bf2" if you read some of the posts here in this thread you end up rofl, someone said that we (the pvpers) want visibily of 200m or something like that, generaly ArmA community is agianst PvP. They tend to think that with addons and mods things get improved, which is a silly thing also as addons are not allowed to be used in matches or at least the use of specific ones is only available.

@-Total-

We tried to get into TWL but we didnt see much as u mentioned although ESL was my best expirience with ArmA. Great maps, great teams and players. We still play those maps up until now and yes in general in the US ArmA was more for evoloution smile_o.gif

The problem as I and others metioned before many times is the officiality of maps, some say that in order to play one must make his own maps, thats pointless I know the basics of scripting and map making but

First: I don't want to spend my time on that, many people have no idea for how to make maps.

Last: Is anyone willing to join a sever with a map called B2T (the best map in ArmA if you ask me)?

The PvP players in all games do not care to learn how the game was made, most warcraft 3 playres that play DOTA do not know that warcraft3 has an editor. They want to play the GAME against other players in some organizations in order to achive competition and PLAY nothing more nothing less, they do not care about addons or simulation or whatever.  

pistols.gif

Simply put, you are playing the wrong game and consequently, setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

OFP and ArmA rely HEAVILY on 3rd party missions, mods and addons. It will be the same with ArmA 2.

ArmA isn't a game for people who dont want to learn the whole package. It is essentially an editor with some very basic missions out of the box to keep people quiet.

Even some of the original SP missions in ArmA STILL dont work properly.

The best stuff to come out of OFP and ArmA are all 3rd party and are more often than not, aimed at cooperative players.

ArmA is a sandbox, PvP is possible but it is not what the engine was designed for and there are better choices (like PRMM) for those who want a PvP experience.

E

@Frantic

My opinion is that the problem are not the movment my friend. The problem is that there was no map pack to play with. Most PvP players tried to play ArmA but found no maps to fight others, in a clan level also. This was a big strike at the game, especialy when clan matches consists of 5vs5 to 10vs10 tops for various reasons. Another problem is people  who say this silly things like "you want pvp go play bf2" if you read some of the posts here in this thread you end up rofl, someone said that we (the pvpers) want visibily of 200m or something like that, generaly ArmA community is agianst PvP. They tend to think that with addons and mods things get improved, which is a silly thing also as addons are not allowed to be used in matches or at least the use of specific ones is only available.

@-Total-

pistols.gif

Simply put, you are playing the wrong game and consequently, setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

OFP and ArmA rely HEAVILY on 3rd party missions, mods and addons. It will be the same with ArmA 2.

ArmA isn't a game for people who dont want to learn the whole package. It is essentially an editor with some very basic missions out of the box to keep people quiet.

The best stuff to come out of OFP and ArmA are all 3rd party and are more often than not, aimed at cooperative players.

ArmA is a sandbox, PvP is possible but it is not what the engine was designed for and there are better choices (like PRMM) for those who want a PvP experience.

E

Maybe you are playing the wrong game.Go join real life army.

Also you didnrt make the try to read all posts.So before you make retard posts read them first.Here is a topic for PvP.Keep your coop away.If you have any idea about PvP is welcome otherwise dont post.

P.S. : What all coop players dont understand is that PvP is Coop against human enemies.

@Frantic

@-Total-

pistols.gif

E

Maybe you are playing the wrong game.Go join real life army.

Also you didnrt make the try to read all posts.So before you make retard posts read them first.Here is a topic for PvP.Keep your coop away.If you have any idea about PvP is welcome otherwise dont post.

P.S. : What all coop players dont understand is that PvP is Coop against human enemies.

Keep your personal attacks to yourself.

Its got nothing to do with RL, and I never said that it did. OFP/ArmA are not traditionally PvP or geared towards PvP.

You'll just have to live with that.

E

What does it mean "live with that"?

Again you are off-topic.Post about PvP or go to another thread.OFP had many PvP missions and the majority of servers were running PvP.So you are wrong once again.

What you cannot understand is that PvP has more intense,is more unpredictable,is more tactical etc. cause you play against humans.Now go to the editor and play with your boring bots. wink_o.gif

What does it mean "live with that"?

Again you are off-topic.Post about PvP or go to another thread.OFP had many PvP missions and the majority of servers were running PvP.So you are wrong once again.

What you cannot understand is that PvP has more intense,is more unpredictable,is more tactical etc. cause you play against humans.Now go to the editor and play with your boring bots. wink_o.gif

LoL, I just checked the ArmA server browser and the ONLY populated servers are CooP. ArmA 2 will be more of the same chief.

I'll agree that OFP did have a more robust PvP base but as someone else pointed out, its all about kill stats and e-p33n waving in the PvP world and ArmA doesnt lend itself well to that type of play.

Cheers,

E

PS : Stop telling me where and what I can post please. Tx in advance whistle.gif

And why "ArmA doesnt lend itself well to that type of play." Its a great game it should have it.

What u still don't understand is that we do not talk about public servers. Public gaming has no intrest, there is no satisfaction winning players of lower skill than you.

But we need public PvP activity and thats the reason why some well made PvP missions by BIS itself would help the PvP ArmAII commnuty a lot.

I knew this endless discussions between PvP and COOP since OFP and way more since ArmA.

Because in OFP we PvP players had not much to criticize.

The gameplay of OFP was good for both PvP and COOP.

However, since ArmA many people stopped playing ArmA or turned back to OFP because of the horrible movements and controls of ArmA. Not only PvP players but also COOP players.

In OFP are still more PvP servers running than in ArmA...

I really dont understand why so many COOP guys have still a problem with the PvP part of a game...

I have never seen a PvP guy who comes a long and tells the COOP guys to play another game...

However, thats offtopic...

BIS has made PvP missions for ArmA.

So they will do it again for ArmAII.

We just wanna see this time decent missions without any bugs!

Thats all we want. wink_o.gif

PS: and of course the fluent movements and nice controls of infantry units. smile_o.gif

Please do not link to them or anything related to them.

TBH, I have nothing against PvP. Conversely, the general attitude of PvP players just puts me off. I would prefer that they stuck to UT3 or whatever.

I know its not all of you but the "Im so great and you're a n00b" attitude that comes along with SOME PvP players is plain sad.

I'm sure PvP with organized groups can be quite good fun but the public face of it is cheats and braggards. I play PRMM for my PvP fix and the community used to be really good, with everyone getting on comms and using Teamwork.

Unfortunately, it has become way more popular of late and a lot of the vBF2 community have shown up and ruined it with cheating etc.

If "clunky" movement etc keeps these people out of ArmA, then I hope BIS do nothing to change the core of the game. There are plenty of PvP games to play. Not every single one of them has to be adjusted to suit PvPers.

E

TBH, I have nothing against PvP. Conversely, the general attitude of PvP players just puts me off. I would prefer that they stuck to UT3 or whatever.

I know its not all of you but the "Im so great and you're a n00b" attitude that comes along with SOME PvP players is plain sad.

I'm sure PvP with organized groups can be quite good fun but the public face of it is cheats and braggards. I play PRMM for my PvP fix and the community used to be really good, with everyone getting on comms and using Teamwork.

Unfortunately, it has become way more popular of late and a lot of the vBF2 community have shown up and ruined it with cheating etc.

If "clunky" movement etc keeps these people out of ArmA, then I hope BIS do nothing to change the core of the game. There are plenty of PvP games to play. Not every single one of them has to be adjusted to suit PvPers.

E

It's waste of time trying to explain to you cause you don't seem to understand. Although since my girlfriend woke me up and I am bored I give it a try.

1. "TBH, I have nothing against PvP." SURE yay.gif

2. Of course there will be teamwork since you will probably know your clan mates more in person than in-game.

3. "I know its not all of you but the "Im so great and you're a n00b" attitude that comes along with SOME PvP players is plain sad."

You know? Noone cares if you are a "n00b" a "pr0" player does not think about it, success is not to win in a public server, the "pr0" will not even play in public servers. Of course the "pr0" has spend more time on the game, and of course he will "pwn" you.

4. pr0 players DO NOT cheat, they win without cheats, they won't even try to play in a public server, the only game that you cannot organize instant clan matches is ArmA, not because there are no players but because they do not care to evolve in gaming terms - use forms of communications - for instance the most popular Irc or even xfire etc. And since you seem to be form the inside check quaknet channels for every game that exists and see the thousnands of players, of course in #armawarorga channel noone shows up.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=77343

5. "Unfortunately, it has become way more popular of late and a lot of the vBF2 community have shown up and ruined it with cheating etc."

WHat?

6. You are not reading the threads you just came here to post what YOU think we are talking about. NOONE said about "adjusting" the game they only said that the game needs MP maps.

Hello,

the only guys that don't seem to understand from my point of view seems to be you guys.

There are never going to be "official","well balanced" PvP maps. This isn't such a game and BIS isn't such a company.

Quite honestly, your stubborn demands to be spoon-fed by BIS are an insult to anyone who spent numerous years spending quite an amount of freetime,brain power and money to get his/her gameplay out of this marvelous open engine. Usually without any support by BIS that is.

And that is like a lot of creative people , the kind that this community is made out of.

This game luckily allows for diversity and many people have fun with it , but surely the uncreative,uncommitted will either have to accept what they get or in your case spend 1-4 days to make a bloody DM/CTF/C&H mission.

(.. or find someone else in the community to do it for you. Trust me, you will get way better missions for you this way)

E

sorry, but this statement is not really constructive...

The robotic movements of the infantry units in ArmA is really nothing to be proud of.

Even COOP is no fun to play for me with this controls and the resulting robot-moves.

A more fluent gameplay does no harm at all to everyone.

Believe me, ArmAII like ArmA wont be attractive for those people.

And online public play always happens on a server and the server where i mainly play on is my own, so people who get on my nerves or people who destroy the fun of others can be kicked or banned very easily.

It seems that you are really against public PvP in ArmAII.

Thats really sad, because the minority of all the people who could have fun with ArmAII and public PvP are the nerving guys and because of this few individuals is your opinion that nobody should have fun with public PvP in ArmAII?!?

If i am right with this assumption then it just shows me that you must have had bad experiences with public PvP in the past.

And im feeling sorry for you, because i had really a lot of fun with public PvP in OFP and ArmA. Ok, way more with clan-wars.

However, i can also say that i have seen a lot of bad people destroying COOP missions too.

There are always some poor souls out there with PvP or without.

So its really not correct to say that the PvP part of a game is the reason for childish behaviour.

I always thought all OFP and ArmA fans wanna see a great game with ArmAII.

And everybody hopes that BIS will earn a lot of money with ArmAII to be able to support ArmAII as long as possible and therefor they need to sell as many copies of ArmAII as possible. And the best thing to do this is in my opinion to learn from the failures done with ArmA and the major failure was the movements/controls of the infantry units.

BIS just have to make them more like in OFP and i think nobody will be disappointed. The COOP and the PvP community will be happy.

I really never thought about the existence of people who thinks that its fun to play as Robocop! tounge2.gif

E

sorry, but this statement is not really constructive...

The robotic movements of the infantry units in ArmA is really nothing to be proud of.

Even COOP is no fun to play for me with this controls and the resulting robot-moves.

A more fluent gameplay does no harm at all to everyone.

Believe me, ArmAII like ArmA wont be attractive for those people.

And online public play always happens on a server and the server where i mainly play on is my own, so people who get on my nerves or people who destroy the fun of others can be kicked or banned very easily.

It seems that you are really against public PvP in ArmAII.

Thats really sad, because the minority of all the people who could have fun with ArmAII and public PvP are the nerving guys and because of this few individuals is your opinion that nobody should have fun with public PvP in ArmAII?!?

If i am right with this assumption then it just shows me that you must have had bad experiences with public PvP in the past.

And im feeling sorry for you, because i had really a lot of fun with public PvP in OFP and ArmA. Ok, way more with clan-wars.

However, i can also say that i have seen a lot of bad people destroying COOP missions too.

There are always some poor souls out there with PvP or without.

So its really not correct to say that the PvP part of a game is the reason for childish behaviour.

I always thought all OFP and ArmA fans wanna see a great game with ArmAII.

And everybody hopes that BIS will earn a lot of money with ArmAII to be able to support ArmAII as long as possible and therefor they need to sell as many copies of ArmAII as possible. And the best thing to do this is in my opinion to learn from the failures done with ArmA and the major failure was the movements/controls of the infantry units.

BIS just have to make them more like in OFP and i think nobody will be disappointed. The COOP and the PvP community will be happy.

I really never thought about the existence of people who thinks that its fun to play as Robocop!  tounge2.gif

I dont have the problems you have with the movement but I am glad it keeps the PvP crowd away tounge2.gif

I have NEVER had problems with other players while playing CooP. Conversely, I have had numerous problems with PvP players in ArmA, OFP and many other games.

I used to love PvP back in the Quake CTF days, but as with everything PC gaming, it has become mainstream and full of little rubber people who feel it necessary to tell you how great they are etc.

I have no patience for this whatsoever and see ArmA as a "last bastion" that tends to exclude these people because they cant run around "pwning" everyone (without cheating). Since there is no one else playing PvP, they dont have anyone to show off to (which is their purpose in life) so they go back to vBF2 or UT3 or whatever.

See, your comment about Robocop is "not constructive" in my eyes. I dont have a problem with the control scheme and I dont see why it should be changed to suit PvP players or a PvP gamestyle.

To each their own but I submit that there are PLENTY of PvP games for you to play without having to complain about not having a PvPcentric version of ArmA/ArmA2.

E

your stubborn demands to be spoon-fed by BIS are an insult to anyone who spent numerous years spending quite an amount of freetime,brain power and money to get his/her gameplay out of this marvelous open engine.

Did you spend any time to read any of the posts above.

Stubborn? I don't get the game free i pay to buy it.

I am insulting the community?? goodnight.gif

your stubborn demands to be spoon-fed by BIS are an insult to anyone who spent numerous years spending quite an amount of freetime,brain power and money to get his/her gameplay out of this marvelous open engine.

Did you spend any time to read any of the posts above.

Stubborn? I don't get the game free i pay to buy it.

I am insulting the community??  goodnight.gif

I dont think you are insulting the community. You have the right to your opinion.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy ArmA 2 expecting it to be a "PvP paradise". My suspicion is that you will be disappointed.

Eth

What OFP pvp players are hoping from ArmA II is to be quite like OFP. It doesn't mean we want to have a "pro pvp game" at all (there are always cod4 or css to deal with it), but just an ArmAII like OFP which was very balanced  in the engine/movement to satisfate everyone, COOP, c&h, and ctf communities.

We don't want to spend our nights after going back from work to train and train untill we play like a robot, we just want to enjoy to make some "clanwars-leagues", "firendly war","challenge" but challenge which isn't part of a "pro-gamer" behavior...but far more the way to enjoy having some teamplay as "amators" (if you prefer...)

I played coop in OFP before moving to ctf, I even finished Armed Assault campaign, and so would I to make the same with ArmAII campaign. But Hell I want this game to live like OFP! Not seeing ArmAII fell in the forgotten place as ArmA was ! I want not only enjoy coop mission, but CTF with players like Frantic I've been knowing for long time. I wanna see a living community, not an industrial COOP evolution community!

But why the word "PvP" may disturb you when you know that a lot of players enjoyed OFP for it ? The question you may ask yourself is if PvP in OFP has ever prevented you to play a COOP mission, with COOP players and, THAT, without being bored by "fragers" who were looking to muke you...Of course not...

You enjoyed OFP very well.

So just imagine ArmAII as similar as OFP in all point (without forgetting new gameplay possibility and graphics to add on) to be set up, would it make ArmAII a shit game ? SO OFP was a bad game because of it?

As OFP you would play coop, and ctf players would play ctf, c&h players would plays c&h, and so on...

You could play coop as you enjoyed it with so much plaisir as you did before, so what's the point ? Why keep going on again, and again with this useless fear of transforming ArmAII in a "bf2" game (as you love to say it, and I still don't know why people keeps using that old fashioned expression here lol) when we have THE PROOF it wont...yes I call it again ! The Mythic Operation Flashpoint reference so well claimed and so true! The magic game who counter every cooper argument about how pvp can RUIN the game, because OFP has been running since 2001!

I DO think the only way to have another great game is to copy back the OFP features and balancement.

ArmA was like an expansion which transformed OFP to a COOp community with updated graphics. So why asking again a same "expansion" with ArmAII when you already have ArmA, this ArmA with MODs that already included features from ArmAII's gameplay, and by which developpers has been inspiring from it to shape their new game?

WHy do you need ArmAII when you can play what you want already ? Would it be so shabby to call for the new Game Of The Year like OFP was before ??

Don't you think it is a litlle bit "selfish" and even pointless to keep on moving like that ?