Sign in to follow this  
HighWire

(Screenshots) Tropical Texel

Hello all,

I would like to drop in and leave these screenshots of my upcoming island. Everything is going fine and the thing is 100% playable. It is a little object hungry but it runs perfectly fine with 512MB RAM and a Geforce2 MX card.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

It uses the palm tree models from SEB's ILO ILO island, and resistance objects anywhere else. I will make sure proper credit will be given despite the usage of other people's addons.

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

I will include some generic single missions with the upcoming release. I guess people most likely just want to make their own anyways. smile_o.gif

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

But, being the perfectionist I am: I still lack one thing: Town Name signs / Directional signs. What I am looking for is someone who could assist me in making some of these. The island also needs a proper mission editor icon.

Anyone out there want to lend a hand, or supply me with some tutorials? smile_o.gif

looks quite nice smile_o.gif

goob job!

would also suit ArmA well xmas_o.gif

Damn it takes me right to the first days of OFP when EBUD released his Jungle Everon... icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice job man, keep it up!

Wow - that's looking great! Looking forward to the release! smile_o.gif

Thanks for the positive replies. I will promise to release this sometime soon. smile_o.gif

But still: Can anyone help me out on town/road signs? I really want to have the towns named with some signs. smile_o.gif

Edit: Never mind, I already have it sorted out. smile_o.gif

I just wanted to drop in and say that this island will probably be released tomorrow. There's really just a tiny amount of tweaks left to perform. The island is fully functional, has intro animations, a good mission editor icon and doesn't clutter the mission editor with new stuff. (the only new thing available is the island itself)

Most islands were usually released without some extra single missions... Urm. I'm not that much of a mission designer, so I took some of the original single missions and converted them to my island. These missions are Bomberman, Ground attack and Battlefields. I might squeeze in more if I can.

Since I am aiming for a clean release, it all is packed in two .pbo files: one consisting of the island, and one consisting of it's objects. I hope to squeeze them all in one final .pbo tomorrow, but it's not that much of a deal, right? smile_o.gif

Thats looking very good. cant wait to try it out ^^ thanks for the work. i hope to "soon" be able to post my very own islands here :yay: