Sign in to follow this  
twisted

REQ - force freelook on ACTION

Is there a way to force freelook (same as pushing left-alt key) in response to a custom action key?

the reason i ask is that i am still looking at ways to simulate bipods in arma and one big issue is lack of restricting how far a player can turn while prone/bipod out.

but i found that freelook does restrict how far a player can 'look' with their weapon. so i thought if a player deploys a bipod using a custom action while prone that would simulate the bipod restricting movement to some degree.

it might work but first i ask experienced modders if they think it is possible?

smile_o.gif

Not possible in Arma.

Though I do wonder why you would want to do this? I think it would be frustrating to play, myself. And I don't see how a bipod would restrict your turning in real life. You can always just pick the thing up an inch off the ground if you need to rotate it.

What about creating a bipod as a restricted turret using the way M2StaticMG does it?

Upon deploying the bipod, you replace your weapon with a static model on the ground and auto mount it. Then when you pick it up again, you add your "carrying" weapon back again.

Examine some of the existing bipod weapon addons.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class M2StaticMG : StaticWeapon {

class Turrets : Turrets {

class MainTurret : MainTurret {

minTurn = -70;

maxTurn = 70;

};

};

};