Sign in to follow this  
MrCapone

Split-screen

Will there be Split-screen in Arma 2?

Btw, if this has already been answered, tell me it and a moderator then can close this topic. smile_o.gif

I don't know about this but I don't think it's possible because the game will take a lot of processing power for just one scene, and rendering two is perhaps out of the question.

Split screen may only be possible on a console on, say, a Rahmadi-sized level, perhaps?

Hi all

What do you mean by split screen MrCapone?

There are several possible interpretions.

Kind regrds walker

I guess split screen is possible, the game would just need to reduce graphics settings (as most games do in split screen). Lower textures resolution should make it possible to stream texture for both players if they are in a different area.

It would make the game quite hard to play though confused_o.gif

Hi all

What do you mean by split screen MrCapone?

There are several possible interpretions.

Kind regrds walker

With this I mean playing with 2 peoples (2 total, including yourself..) on one screen smile_o.gif for when you wanna play with your dad/brother/friends (almost all women don't like war-games xD), and it should only be for campaign and side missions ofcourse biggrin_o.gif.

I guess split screen is possible, the game would just need to reduce graphics settings (as most games do in split screen). Lower textures resolution should make it possible to stream texture for both players if they are in a different area.

It would make the game quite hard to play though confused_o.gif

I hope we are able to play on split-screen too smile_o.gif

Yes! This is completely supported, in fact you can do this in arma already! Here's how to:

You take the mouse and your dad takes the keyboard.

Enjoy.

OFP:Elite on Xbox did not support Split Screen just because you would lose so much detail that you can't see the enemy further than 50m or so.

Split Screen is really for games like R6 and CoD that play in smaller areas.

Yes! This is completely supported, in fact you can do this in arma already! Here's how to:

Enjoy.

That's not what I mean -,-.

Enjoy.

That is screen-sharing, not screen-splitting. tounge2.gif

Enjoy.

That is screen-sharing, not screen-splitting. tounge2.gif

I call that hair-splitting

edit: happy new year! weee *burp*

If it is possible I would love for it to be included but on the PC version I could do without. However, if you make a version for console then I would love the ability to play coop on it. Even if it mean't I had to stay within 100 meters of the other player or something.

Im sick of Xbox360 games being MP only over Xbox Live. I have a console so I can play something with friends when they are over and every game that interests me only has MP on Live and its really annoying.

I've got an Xbox 360 too, but the most of my games have split-screen so :}.

This became a joke topic L0L  nener.gif

Cause of the joke feature suggestion.

OFP, ARMA and ARMA2 would definitely be killer games to play as splitscreen in the same room with the guys but to do so, it would have to be dumbed down to just another FPS. So, it's pointless really. You would lose the feature most sought after in the game and that is the freedom of adaptation. So, enjoy the eyecandy of the lesser FPS's on your console and when you want to play a real warfare game jump back on the PC with BIS.