Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Trouble with my Addon

Hi,

I was working on a Tank , now i was up to test it ingame. I created a simple config and model.cfg from the BIS Sample. But the Shadow looks out of place , the textures don't load and no animations are working sad_o.gif

someone who could help me out?

Thanks

will post a picture soon

Ok i started Arma with just putting my Tank on a Map

I deleted the old one

here is the new RPT from it (Its 21,5MB??? packed it as archive)

RPT File

The game had a CTD as i was loading the Map with my Tank. So i didn't came to see it.

The problem with your shadow is that there are some unclosed geometry and more likely than not you have inverted faces in some places while not others.

If i close them and select "find non closed" there are still some open , even if i close them mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

I still get a CTD if i try to use my tank ingame. I don't have any idea what to do now , i tried everything to close all things in the ShadowLOD. But o2 still find non closed. Is it so damn hard to make a simple addon in Arma? crazy_o.gif OFP was way easier mad_o.gif

so again

please delete your arma.rpt and run your addon again.

this time only with your addon loaded and no other modified files

or community addons.

Still the same problems , Shadow is weird but every faces are closed to me (o2 says they aren't but i checked them and say they are) , Textures are blurry 2048x2048. No animations , And the Maingun doesn't work too. crazy_o.gif

will upload the RPT file as soon the upload site is up again

Mostly its just the same

"Error: dr_tiger\tiger1a5.p3d: Shadow polygon doesn't have 3 vertices - it has not been considered."

"Error: dr_tiger\tiger1a5.p3d: Opposite edge to P(379, 380) was not found - shadow geometry is not closed."

"Error in expression <if (_this select 1 = = 'DC_120mm'wink_o.gif then {_this exec '\DR_T>

Error position: <= = 'DC_120mm'wink_o.gif then {_this exec '\DR_T>"

Still the same problems , Shadow is weird but every faces are closed to me (o2 says they aren't but i checked them and say they are) , Textures are blurry 2048x2048. No animations , And the Maingun doesn't work too. crazy_o.gif

[...]

"Error: dr_tiger\tiger1a5.p3d: Shadow polygon doesn't have 3 vertices - it has not been considered."

"Error: dr_tiger\tiger1a5.p3d: Opposite edge to P(379, 380) was not found - shadow geometry is not closed."

"Error in expression <if (_this select 1 = =  'DC_120mm'wink_o.gif then {_this exec '\DR_T>

Error position: <= =  'DC_120mm'wink_o.gif then {_this exec '\DR_T>"

If O2 says the faces aren't closed, then they aren't closed, it doesn't matter if they LOOK closed. If o2 and in turn the game consider the faces to be non-closed, then thats the issue. Also, sharpen all of the edges in the shadow lod and triangulate the faces (CTRL+A then hit /).

The last part of your reported error is a script error, presumably in your config, probably something to do with why the main gun doesn't work.

I don't come further that way. Specialy the anims dosn't work in OFP you just hat to call the selections right and they worked. Here you name them and nothing happens. rofl.gif

That's because you have to define them in model.cfg or the skeleton part in your config. model.cfg is the prefered method of doing them.

They are in the model.cfg but nothing is moving , the treads are static , and the tank has a static turret you will have to move the tank in the diriction you want to shoot but then you can only use the MG because it won't use the maingun. Maybe the loader is dead firefoxlover.gif