Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk, version 0.3 out!

I know it doesnt work with the 1.15 becuase I have an ATI with 4gb when I launch the mod I just get a blackscreen like with the 1.14patch so I have to use the MSconfig trick to set the my system to use 3gb of ram then reboot then the mod works fine.

have you thought that maybe the problem is a incompatibility of Arma with rams of more than 3Gb?

atmosphere in this mod and in missions is GREEEEEEEEEEEEAT

i spent whole night playing, great job smile_o.gif

really biggrin_o.gif

william1 it was incompatibile with an ati card and 4gb of ram until the new beta patch now it works with 1.15.

Sick mod! perfectly brings the armageddon feeling from clear skies!

Great!

Well done! The atmosphere plays a heavy role, especially with fog initiated it gives the island a very eerie feel.

can you make the weather normal (so the player can select the weather type) as it seems to interfere with all islands having clouded weather while set on clear sky ?

ZorboZ, belgerot:

Thanks  wink_o.gif

supergruntsb78:

Yes, i plan this. I must found best sky texture for weather type. This will be included in next version.

ZorboZ, belgerot:

Thanks  wink_o.gif

supergruntsb78:

Yes, i plan this. I must found best sky texture for weather type. This will be included in next version.

cool.. looking forward to the next version

This is the best island released Ever!!

I dont feel this mod has gotten enough buzz.

I joust love the vegetation, buildings, ambience and simply everything exept zombies.

I hope someone can make some coop's with this island.

I'am working on a mission, but i dunno if i'll finnish it.

I usually get so tired of my own mission before it's finnished, but maybee with this fine island i'll finnish a mission for once, hehe:)

Epic, this reminds me so much of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Thank you!

SolidSnake-(SNK):

Thanks  smile_o.gif Some coop missions will be included in next version of mod  wink_o.gif of course, on completed Namalsk smile_o.gif

[MCF] Frantz, Binkowski:

Thanks wink_o.gif

I saw the movie buy NEO from your island i thoght it looks brilliant, lets have a closer look on it, so i downloaded the whole mod. I was very suprised to see the good quality of the all parts of the mod, mcuh better than wath had expected. I played trough the 4 missions and had great fun. The missions have really great atmosfare and this mod brougt my game to life once again. This is the best mod i played so far and I cannot wait to continue on that campaing.

Very well done. It deserves all feedback!

Heya mate congrats on a great addon, very interesting to play through and makes a nice change from 'default' arma biggrin_o.gif .

Anyways, I have a question/request.

I like to keep all my islands in the same mod folder and was hoping you would you make that lovely island standalone? I think alot more people would be interested in trying your full conversion after having a play on Northen Namalsk island.

Thats just my opinion, I do love what you've done so far so if this can't be done for whatever reason then cool, I just like to keep my stuff tidy as I think I only have afew kb's left on my HD crazy_o.gif .

Thankyou for sharing your creativity with the community.

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

Walker001:

smile_o.gif thanks

Mark XIII:

Thanks. wink_o.gif

Yes, its possible, but, Namalsk uses sounds, sky textures and more configurations from Shadow of Namalsk mod. I would have to remove sounds and sky textures, because sky and sounds would be in other islands too..  wink_o.gif ..and edited sky, new sounds and lightning are important for Namalsk atmosphere  smile_o.gif

Namalsk without this looks like Sahrani icon_rolleyes.gif (Siberia and tropical island crazy_o.gif - this does not match  biggrin_o.gif )

This is for Sumrak,

May I just say...what an excellent piece of work here...major respect and praise!!!!

The few SP mission are superb...please, for the love of all that's mighty, make some more...maybe with some guille snipers, like in that vid on your site.. =)

You capture the tension, enviorment, and overall Stalker feel quite well.

The island itself is simply awsome...I spent hours custom making combat scenarios...the vegetation and overall layout makes this like nothing else...it's got that russian Stalker feeling (in a good way!wink_o.gif...I would dare to say this might be the best custom map I've ever played for Arma...

In my opinion, this mod hasn't receive the attention it deserves, so here's a big Thanks for producing something so good!

Oh, and for those using ACE mod, it works perfectly for me -- not one error...ver nice!!!

Please make more!

All the very best,

Budajoe

(...)

Edited by Andre

(...)

Edited by Andre