Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

BMD 1 Alpha version

Ho ho ho... umm ok abit late for that.

I decided not to be original and also chip in to the big pile of presents ye all got this christmas. So For boxing day I present this:

BMD 1 Alpha version

MIRRORS

ePrison

Armaholic

Armedassault.info

shot1xc2.jpg

This addon is NOT meant to function as nor does it represent the quality of the finished product. It is only meant to test out the basic workings and provide the player with something to mess around with during the holidays.

----------------------

INSTALLATION

----------------------

To install this addon please put the SA_BMD_PACK_1.pbo in the \Addons\ folder of your Armed Assault installation. If you would like to use it with a MOD that is already installed on your computer then put this pbo in the @MODNAME\Addons\ folder.

After a successful installation the addon should appear in the editor under OPFOR>VDV VEHICLES>BMD 1.

----------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

----------------------

There are a number of known issues with the current version:

- The AT3 proxy does not disappear after being fired. Neither does it when all ammo has been depleted.

- Gunner optics are not correct.

- No damage textures as a proper damage model is yet to be developed.

- No interior textures as they are yet to be done.

- Not binarized.

- Not signed.

Please do not report these issues.

COPYRIGHTS

The contents of this package are distributed openly and free of charge for the purpose of education. You are welcome to look and dismantle it as you see fit. However, reproduction and release of any of the content contained in this addon without the permission of the author is prohibited. Armed Assault is a trademark of Bohemia Interactive.

DISCLAIMER

This addon is provided as is and the author is not responsible for any damage it may cause to your Armed Assault installation or your computer.

BIG THANKS TO

- Jarek “TOPAS†– for his valuable texturing tips.

- Vilas – for answering a few oxygen related questions.

- Uralaz – track texture.

-       Gedis - for invaluable info

Enjoy

shot2yf3.th.jpg

shot3nv6.th.jpg

Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks for pre releasing. We are all looking forward to your addons. We heavily appreciate your work.

Thanks. Will be a great addition for CTI thumbs-up.gif

The 76mm gun seems a bit too powerfull. Almost as powerfull as 128mm of the T-72.

It's great !

A little powerful cannon perhaps, as the recoil is moving the entire vehicle.

Thanks !

Thnks to all for the feedback and comments. I will take the ammo issues into account for the final release.

Cheers smile_o.gif

I have noticed one issue: when troops board vehicle, they look to the opposite side.

Downloading now!  Thanks!

Please do! And come back here to comment on your experience smile_o.gif. Im working quite hard alone on limited time to make the highest quality I can.

Now we have this awesome little monster, does anyone know how to paradrop it? Or at least spawn it in the air with a chute?

I still need to consult with some ppl but I hope to be able to provide a script with the final version that can do that.

BIG THANKS TO

- Jarek “TOPAS†– for his valuable texturing tips.

- Vilas – for answering a few oxygen related questions.

- Uralaz – track texture.

-       Gedis - for invaluable info

Your welcome, i was(and am) glad to help wink_o.gif

BTW, who said about T-72s using 128mm guns? LoL? It's 125mm smoothbore gun, though Sprut-SD uses 125mm gun too...

Looks great, gonna try this little airborne superb vehicle in-game soon.  wow_o.gif  thumbs-up.gif

As far as I read the 73mm cannon on thebmd fires the HEAT and the HE-Frag rounds which in my config are well below what the t72 can punch in game so i toned it down a little by about 50 but I wont go more.

Good fun to play with it. Will be a great asset for CTI missions. notworthy.gif

Very well made PDF and very nice looking vehicle!

Thanks smile_o.gif

Concerning CTI and Warfare I think it would be so awesome to have airborne as a completely seperate unit from your army so that u can call in an airdrop at any time and throw them in behind enemy lines. That would be killer smile_o.gif

At last an IFV that matches the quality of ARMA standards Just need a BTR-T now and a BMP 3.

Thanks for this one