Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Puma HC1 BETA Pack RELEASED!

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>We are proud to release the first Public BETA of the RAF Puma HC1 Pack:</span>

rel_pumahc1_splash.jpg

RAF Medium Lift Puma HC.1 Support Helicopers. The Pack includes three versions and features a new Chaff and Fare system for ArmA together with improved flight model and limited Cargo System Support:

This is a WIP addon is NOT finished, There are several known issues with the addon. Mostly Cosmetic in nature:

<ul>- All Textures are WIP and will changes

- Several of the cockpit instruments are blank

- GPMG has no RVMATs

- AI don’t engage the helicopter with small arms.

Updates will be released in Jan 2009.  Be nice!

<ul>[*]Project Page: Westland Puma HC1

[*]Video Link: Westland Puma HC1 Video Preview

Required Addons:

<ul>[*]RKSL Cargo System

[*]RKSL Chaff and Flare System

[*]RKSL System.PBO

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'>DOWNLOAD - RKSL Puma HC1 Pack Beta 1</span></span>

NOTE: THIS ADDON REQUIRES OTHER ADDONS TO WORK - Make sure you download them!

Hope you all enjoy them as much as we do!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Next he'll be telling us the Harrier is released! crazy_o.gif

Many thanks, again. xmas_o.gif

No I won't be. The Harrier is too far way from completion to drop betas.

Santa did come after all.. yay.gif

You're not one of the cynics are you? You just have to believe! tounge2.gif

Thank you so much Rock and team - am on holidays at the moment, but can't wait to get home and try them out! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you! notworthy.gif

Awesome chopper.

FYI, GPMG seems to have no texture on the/a far resolution LOD ... its white.

Did you guys manage to tweak the collective ?

Seems to grab height well.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Dec. 26 2008,07:32)]Awesome chopper.

FYI, GPMG seems to have no texture on the/a far resolution LOD ... its white.

Did you guys manage to tweak the collective ?

Seems to grab height well.

Its a dependancy bug. I'll be fixed in a later version I assume you didnt have the Lynx installed too?

Yeah its done with the envelope command.

I assume you didnt have the Lynx installed too?

Arh, nop, you assumed wrong, definately both installed (I was in a Lynx looking at a white Puma.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah its done with the envelope command.

Arh, thought it might be. Thx.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Dec. 26 2008,12:45)]
I assume you didnt have the Lynx installed too?

Arh, nop, you assumed wrong, definately both installed (I was in a Lynx looking at a white Puma.

I've just been all through the three versions in MLOD and nothing is missing. So unless binarising them is corrupting a LoD i dont know what to way? I'll look into it.

Myself and a friend also got that error in testing i'm afraid, just with the GPMG Puma. Whites out at a certain distance.

Otherwise excellent though: handles how i'd expect it to, a real bitch to turn at high speeds!

Daniel @ Dec. 26 2008,07:08)]Myself and a friend also got that error in testing i'm afraid, just with the GPMG Puma. Whites out at a certain distance.

Otherwise excellent though: handles how i'd expect it to, a real bitch to turn at high speeds!

Yup I can confirm this as well. I meant to report this yesterday but I didn't know what to say. biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Dec. 26 2008,13:08)]Myself and a friend also got that error in testing i'm afraid, just with the GPMG Puma. Whites out at a certain distance.

You see this is what i dont understand.  The GPMG Puma is the Unarmed Puma with guns pasted in...?  It must be something in the binarisation that screws up!

OK confirmed it. I'll track it down and post an update when i come back from France next week.

same bug here...

oh, and it feels as AI have some problems with these birds...

might just be my "test mission" though...

i´ll do some more testing later on.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok its fixed now... my fault. I left a copy of the view Geo lod i was adjusting in the res lod.

It'll definately be fixed in the next release.

I am having some HDR problem with puma interior, the exterior appears too bright.

Puma flies very very well, just like it's supposed to. Great vehicle for rapid insertions/pickups, especialy with all the flares it carries (it fires 50% more flares than Lynx - 6 at a time).

It's great fun flying in dropping flares and landing in hotzone.

@ Dec. 26 2008,14:46)]I am having some HDR problem with puma interior, the exterior appears too bright.

Puma flies very very well, just like it's supposed to. Great vehicle for rapid insertions/pickups, especialy with all the flares it carries (it fires 50% more flares than Lynx - 6 at a time).

It's great fun flying in dropping flares and landing in hotzone.

Could you report the problems in the bugtracker (signature) and post along what graphic card you are using and what drivers?

Guest RKSL-Rock
@ Dec. 26 2008,13:46)]I am having some HDR problem with puma interior, the exterior appears too bright.

Yeah Its a known issue related to the SMDI and shaders I believe.

What can I say?

Flying a big chopper like a Puma into a town, twin GPMG's blazing, popping flares, landing on the roof of a building and unloading a few crates of ammo for some infantry bods: It's quite an experience to finally have this in ArmA biggrin_o.gif

Models are excellent, textures are pretty damn good even though they're not finished in places, sounds are nice, flies excellently too. Good work for a 'beta' smile_o.gif. Same goes for Lynx but I don't think I should spam up both threads with generic praise.

Only additional bug I've experienced is that I get a faint rotor sound upon exiting the chopper at the start of a session even though the engines are off. IIRC there was a similar bug with Eric's Hind. I'll keep an eye out for other stuff when I do some more extensive testing of the cargo system.

I'm in love with the dynamic rotor system and the flight model.

I've been flying for hours just staring at the rotor.  biggrin_o.gif

It's like I'm flying the real thing now.

Awesome (and all the synonyms) !