Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Cargo System - RELEASED!

Guest RKSL-Rock

We are extremely proud (and relieved) to release the first Public BETA of the RKSL Cargo System:

dec15-cargosys-banner.jpg

Originally the cargo system was intended for RKSL heavy transport vehicles only. However the idea soon expanded into a generic system, for any Arma addon configured to support it’s functionality. It is most likely that the first stage of release, will support all the default Arma vehicles and objects, considered suitable for the system.

Compatible RKSL vehicles and objects will be introduced in the future. While initially this will only provide a limited number of transporters and cargo types, it will serve to introduce the concept to the wider community.

<ul>[*]Project Page: Cargo System Project

[*]Documentation: Cargo System Documentation

[*]Video Link: Cargo System Video Preview

Related Documentation:

<ul>[*]String table System Settings

[*]System Core Documentation

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'>DOWNLOAD - RKSL Cargo System 1.0A</span></span>

NOTE: THIS ADDON REQUIRES RKSL-SYSTEM.PBO - Make sure you download it!

EDIT: UPDATED Download Links to latest Version

If you have previously downloaded the Cargo System its best to delete your exiting version and re-download it.

Good stuff Rock, VXR and UNN.

Suck on this to all the members of the "fan club" who gave them so much grief through the years.

Congrats RKSL team and thank you for all the time and BS you put up with.

Merry Xmas.

EDIT:

Maybe I'm stupid here but when I click on the DL link it goes to the turrets on a plane video DL.

EDIT2: Works now. wink_o.gif

Oh sweet fancy zombie jebus on a pogostick! I can't wait to try this out. Just curious in the middle of downloading, can we use this with ACE? Or does that need to be tested by the community to find out?

Man-oh-man, so many damn gifts for ArmA--woohoo!!! yay.gif

Thanks guys for all the hard work you've put into this. It's really a huge leap forward and can open up many new adventurous things for squads too I'm sure. Can't wait to try it out. biggrin_o.gif

its the best christmas in OFP/Arma community ever xmas_o.gif let me thank all the modders who gave us this tons of addons, the only presents i got today biggrin_o.gif

thank you RKSL team !!

its the best christmas in OFP/Arma community ever  xmas_o.gif let me thank all the modders who gave us this tons of addons, the only presents i got today  biggrin_o.gif

thank you RKSL team !!

I'll second that.

Wonderful days of gaming ahead. I hope everyone that doubted them will finally come to terms that they were ungrateful, impatient and dead wrong.

Thanks a million guys, again. Now take some well deserved rest.

Wow, what an awesome improvement to the game !

Thank you gods and heroes.

While I'm in a cheesy mood. Thanks for your support so far and thanks to the rest of the RKSL Team for their continuous supply of inspiration and support.[/end cheese]

There's more.

On the RKSL website, the Puma, Lynx and Chaff systems are also released.

Hi, that cargo system looks really pimp (you now can laugh at the

BIS face) but i've some questions about it; can the trasported objects

be destroyed aside of the vehicle?, with this cargo system we can

finnaly move arround the artillery batterys forward into the front

line so we can hostigate the OPFOR possitions?, could the transported

objects be deployed directly behind the vehicle that's transporting

the cargo?. When this reachs the Alpha state im sure that someone

(not me) will want to send you a bottle of Chivas Regal 21yo to your

place, so you can get drunk with the big smile of the one that has

made what BIS couldn't... or don't knew how to do it... so... good

job and merry christ smash. Let's C ya

Awesome functionality. It's unbelievable. Very well thought out. Even remembers crate contents. notworthy.gif

Some ideas:

<ul>[*]in "Available Transport" list, show an cargo item count to help indicate whether the vehicle contains cargo or not (eg: "5t Truck (3)" for 3 items)

[*]when highlighting a transport, a capacity indicator (eg: 4/10 "units" of space used)

[*]configurable time penalties for loading/unloading

[*]2 person requirements (eg: arty)

[*]drag & drop between lists

[*]in the "Available Cargo" list, instead of showing "Crate (2)", crates with cargo should be separated from crates without cargo, since you end up loading the wrong empty crate otherwise

[*]in overhead mode while dragging object, an indicator (eg: message or different cursor) of when an object is not allowed in a transport (eg: insufficient room, full, or item too big)

First of all the cargo system is good stuff. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the interface to appear. I got it in one of my missions when I placed a Puma but I tried to get it working on a clear island with just a few objects placed and an RKSL BIS truck. No action menu item appears to bring up the interface. I checked the documentation but it doesn't seem like there's to much more involved then placing an object and a transport.

Should it appear if I just place an RKSL tranport vehicle and an RKSL object? Matter of fact, the interface option doesn't even appear in the example missions. I hope I'm not using something that is conflicting, it will take time to find it do to all the content I use.

EDIT:

I can load stuff into the transport by the action menu, I just can't get to interface to appear. I'm having a feeling something I'm using is causing the problem.

EDIT2:

Damn I tried it with just vanilla beta 1.15, QG and RKSL stuff and the cargo menu option appeared when I stepped up to an object. But unlike the previous time, there was no option to Load object in transport in the action menu.

I must be doing something wrong or it's a conflict with one of Mods/AddOns I'm using. Although since ACE came out I've dropped a lot of the other mods for the time being. I'll have to take some time tomorrow to figure out what I'm using. But maybe I'm just messing something up when using the RKSL cargo system.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Oh sweet fancy zombie jebus on a pogostick!

I love it! smile_o.gif That made me laugh out loud.  Loud enough to wake my girlfriend!

I can't wait to try this out. Just curious in the middle of downloading, can we use this with ACE? Or does that need to be tested by the community to find out?

I've not tried it with ACE or much else to be honest.  But we'd really appreciate knowing what works and what doesnt!  tounge2.gif

First of all the cargo system is good stuff. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the interface to appear. I got it in one of my missions when I placed a Puma but I tried to get it working on a clear island with just a few objects placed and an RKSL BIS truck. No action menu item appears to bring up the interface. I checked the documentation but it doesn't seem like there's to much more involved then placing an object and a transport.

Should it appear if I just place an RKSL tranport vehicle and an RKSL object? Matter of fact, the interface option doesn't even appear in the example missions. I hope I'm not using something that is conflicting, it will take time to find it do to all the content I use.

EDIT:

I can load stuff into the transport by the action menu, I just can't get to interface to appear. I'm having a feeling something I'm using is causing the problem.

1) The cargo menu options are only attached to the cargo objects.

2) Are you using objects form the "Cargo System Objects" menu group or from "Objects".  If its the later then you will need to add something to the init line of the object for it to work.

3) Does it work in the sample Editor Missions?

4) What mods are you using?

I'm looking into it again right now. Thus far the cargo menu does not come up in the example missions. But it does say Load "object" into "transport".(I could do this in my missions when I had Mods active.) I just did this last test with only v1.15beta+QG+RKSL.

When I used other Mods, I place ammo crates from the RKSL cargo stuff and I also tried it with 3rd party crates and static weapons. For the 3rd party stuff, I just copied/paste what was in the init line from the example missions. "[This,4] Call RKSL_CargoAdd" for the static weapons and "[This,2] Call RKSL_CargoAdd" for the crates. I could load these via action menu but never saw a option for Cargo Menu.

I'll have to take some time to get all the mods listed but ACE, DM smokeeffect, Q's Proper World and a ton of Units, vehicles, etc.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'm looking into it again right now. Thus far the cargo menu does not come up in the example missions. But it does say Load "object" into "transport".(I could do this in my missions when I had Mods active.) I just did this last test with only v1.15beta+QG+RKSL.

When I used other Mods, I place ammo crates from the RKSL cargo stuff and I also tried it with 3rd party crates and static weapons. For the 3rd party stuff, I just copied/paste what was in the init line from the example missions. "[This,4] Call RKSL_CargoAdd" for the static weapons and "[This,2] Call RKSL_CargoAdd" for the crates. I could load these via action menu but never saw a option for Cargo Menu.

I'll have to take some time to get all the mods listed but ACE, DM smokeeffect, Q's Proper World and a ton of Units, vehicles, etc.

From the sound of it its a Rescource class between the cargo system and another mod with the dialogs. Any chance you can add an bug report and attach your arma.rpt files please?

http://bugtracker.rkslstudios.info/

Alright bud, I apologize for my stupidity. I got the cargo menu working in my mission with all the mods running again. Let me make sure I got the right though. If I want to use the cargo menu I need to have an RKSL cargo object placed then walk up to said object or any object with the proper init line. Then I can load any object, RKSL or 3rd party(with init call), using the cargo menu as long as transport is near an object.

Can I place something in the init of a non-RKSL transport to get it to transport stuff? I didn't see that in the sample missions but maybe I missed it. I checked the documentation as well but didn't find that. Although admittedly, I gotta learn some of the more technical terms in the documents so I could've missed it there as well. I'm learning quickly though. Forgive me for my stupidity if it was right in front of my eyes.  whistle.gif

This cargo system is pure brilliance! How you guys come up with this stuff is amazing.

EDIT:

Sure I'll be glad to do the bug report. I'll play around with it tomorrow and get it to ya. It's midnight here so I'm gonna call it a night soon.

I love it... notworthy.gif

One sidenote speaking of RKSL CargoSys and ACE...

I cant get it to work..

In Vanilla ArmA 1.14 + @RKSL its neet and fine and all..

But with @ACE added, i dont get the cargooption up..

BOTH scenarios:

With ACE...

Placing ACE inf Rifleman in EDITOR.

One closed truck from RKSL Cargo addons

4 ACE weaponboxes...

Cargo menu wont show up.

With out ACE...

Same settup but with normal rifleman.

Everything working..

EDIT:

Placing a RKSL cargo ammobox, the menu pops up.

But not ACE weaponboxes.

Guest RKSL-Rock
EDIT:

Placing a RKSL cargo ammobox, the menu pops up.

But not ACE weaponboxes.

You'll need to add a command to the ACE boxes init line to get them to work.

Cargo System Documentation