Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Safwan

YOu have three lanes to get off the highway. This only causes trouble on the street. You only need one lane to get off the highway. Its not possible to drive from an inner lane off the highway. It would result in chaos because it blocks the other lanes.

Some wip junctions in the highway..

junction_model_pic01_s.jpg  junction_model_pic02_s.jpg

1024x768                                                                             1024x768

This is the intersection that is part of the route to a airport right? I think I have seen it in Google earth. Great stuff!

The Airbase is almost 4km from this point..

The location is exactly this bridge is here: Wikimapia

By the way, does anyone know what those Road signs say?

I already did one sign card showing their destinations (i promise ill improve the image quality), it should be correct but not 100% sure.

BC_postersign01.jpg

Can anyone help me out on the information of the real life post signs, it would help me alot to build them correctly.  smile_o.gif

ah another thing.. you guys prefer the other road texture (more dark)?

I really admire your attention to detail mate. This looks really impressive. I'm looking forward to bringing death, destruction and ruin to this little playground pistols.gif

Some wip junctions in the highway..

*nods* Exactly what I meant! Keep it up! biggrin_o.gif

Abs

The Airbase is almost 4km from this point..

The location is exactly this bridge is here: Wikimapia

By the way, does anyone know what those Road signs say?

I already did one sign card showing their destinations (i promise ill improve the image quality), it should be correct but not 100% sure.

BC_postersign01.jpg

Can anyone help me out on the information of the real life post signs, it would help me alot to build them correctly.  smile_o.gif

ah another thing.. you guys prefer the other road texture (more dark)?

I can help you in that. Even though my arabic knowledge is still in "rookie stage" I can still translate some stuff.

The arab words are just the translation of the english. (well, it's english the translation of the arab, you got the point biggrin_o.gif)

thumbs-up.gif hehe, maybe i was not clear about what i said..

What i meant was, if anyone have real information about what exist in the other post signs around this bridge (that i don't have), please let me know so i can build correctly new post signs saying the correct destination.

What i meant was, if anyone have real information about what exist in the other post signs around this bridge (that i don't have), please let me know so i can build correctly new post signs saying the correct destination.

Ah, ok! tounge2.gif

Well you can try and contact the guys over the israeli mod, I believe they have some arab speakers. wink_o.gif

that's all correct wink_o.gif.

notworthy.gif very good, i was on safwan hill a couple of weeks ago, however i only seen it from the top as i got a chopper there and back, but did have a good look about, from the screenshots it does look very accurate, especially the road leading off down the hill... cant wait to get home and play on that bad boy

notworthy.gif very good, i was on safwan hill a couple of weeks ago, however i only seen it from the top as i got a chopper there and back, but did have a good look about, from the screenshots it does look very accurate, especially the road leading off down the hill... cant wait to get home and play on that bad boy

biggrin_o.gif great!

I modeled the down hill in visitor from a youtube video that was posted in armaholic site.

If you think and know that the hill is accurate please the more visual info i have the better will it look in the end smile_o.gif

Thanks for the Support, the info is very inspiring aswell!  wink_o.gif

yeh, i did... tonight i will upload the piccys i have of the hill...

Bravo 6, did u know about the comms tower?

a few pics from the hill...

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/staniland/PICT0070.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/staniland/PICT0072.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/staniland/PICT0077.jpg

first vid is of me in the chopper...

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums....076.flv

this vid is a very short vid i took when waiting for chopper to come back and get me

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFw8uF1eF8

That is all... Pm'd this to Bravo already, just thought i would put it here for the other people interested in this map

edited so its a link to a pic, cos u cant hhave anything larger than a pixel here :P

Quote[/b] ]Bravo 6, did u know about the comms tower?

Well i though that would exist one there but i didn't know how it would look like.

If someone have more pics about the location please inform me so i can make the model and add it to the terrain.

These kinda information about the location is great, and more the better.

I have some questions and hope you know:

About this picture, middle bottom, is it a plantation greenhouse where people keep their plants?

Can you identity the exact location using the wikimapia?

yes it is a plantation, however i dont have a clue exactly where it was... all i know is that it was coming from basrah airstation on the way to safwan...

there were lots of them on the way atleast 1 every 2k's

also there were lots of random mounds of dirt... hard to desribe... it seems they used dirt to make a wall that showed where their land started...

also there were lots of random mounds of dirt... hard to desribe... it seems they used dirt to make a wall that showed where their land started...

yeah, i have notice that aswell from my sat_lco image.

I'm not exactly sure how ill simulate it in the terrain, because using Visitor3 is impossible, but its a fact the separation property lands exists. Though im glad to know they use terrain dirt to build them.

Maybe creating a model that simulates a terrain elevation, using the ground texture, something like what Opteryx did in the recent maps but more like an elevation instead a wall.

I also noticed from the same pic that there was only 1 plam tree in sight. Do you know what kinda trees, vegetations are must present in Safwan area? It might seem a stupid question but it might help a bit smile_o.gif

ya sure, what ive noticed vegetation wise is that... its sand eveywhere until u come across a town or even a single farm house... some house out in the middle of the desert have lush green grass much like on a rich european estate... few palm trees... again, only close to houses though...

uploading another vid atm... when its done ill post it

Great smile_o.gif

Pics are always welcome to have a better perception.

Really happy for your support and effort wink_o.gif

Before i move on with more models and more details i would like to ask, those who were and knows Safwan, if the style of houses look similar to the real ones, critics and suggestions are welcome, please.

safwan14_s.jpgsafwan15_s.jpg

1600x1200                                                                         1600x1200

safwan16_s.jpg

1600x1200

I can't answer your question, but they do look pretty darn good.  I've been studying a lot of pictures and video for my Razani map, and these look very familiar.  I guess this in an area where they don't plaster the walls?  I've noted it is done in some areas and not others.  Wonder what's the reason behind the variation.

You even have the roof support timbers!

I can't answer your question, but they do look pretty darn good.  I've been studying a lot of pictures and video for my Razani map, and these look very familiar.  I guess this in an area where they don't plaster the walls?  I've noted it is done in some areas and not others.  Wonder what's the reason behind the variation.

You even have the roof support timbers!

@Nicholas Bell, since they look very familiar, as you say, are you interested in them for your Razani map?