Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

Sniper and Convoy

I have found it impossible to complete this mission successfully. The objective is "to kill as many enemy soldiers and disappear". In Veteran mode, the most I'm able to shoot from the water tower area are 4-5 before being discovered. Flanking the enemy proves useless as the mission seems to regard any movement away from the water tower as extraction, and when it does, the mission still ends in failure.

If there is a minimum number of soldiers that I need to kill it should be defined in the objectives, shouldn't it?

Has anyone had any luck with this mission?

Cheers

Just stay up on the tower and shoot everything that moves - good practice and gets the job done. Don't leave until you've killed everything wearing a pudding pot. You may cop some stray rounds, but usually you won't be killed. I recommend lying prone on the catwalk.

The problem with briefing instructions like that is that some players tend to overthink things. It doesn't matter if you're discovered, my advice to you is just to go trigger happy and kill everything.

Yea, just go crazy.

I find it helps to kill them in this order:

1. Snipers *

2. RPGs

3. AK74-GLs

4. Survivors

If you hit one in his arms, move on and pop someone else. You can finish him off later, and with those wounded arms, the chances of him hitting you are much lower.

* The snipers are second-to-last off the trucks. If you are fast, you have time to pop one before he disembarks... maybe both of them (one each truck) if you are really fast.

I'm playing through ArmA for the first time (better late than never, right?) and I'm also having one helluva time with this.

Any tips on composing my shots, I am missing a-whole-lot (too many years playing CoD and the like, I guess) and can't seem to judge the distance correctly?

I'm playing through ArmA for the first time (better late than never, right?) and I'm also having one helluva time with this.

Any tips on composing my shots, I am missing a-whole-lot (too many years playing CoD and the like, I guess) and can't seem to judge the distance correctly?

Forget the distance and just look at how big they seem in your scope. Fire a round close to or at an enemy and see where it lands and use that point as the one you aim your future shots with.

Forget the distance and just look at how big they seem in your scope. Fire a round close to or at an enemy and see where it lands and use that point as the one you aim your future shots with.

Thanks. I finally got through it. I forwent the tower and went inside the shed right next door. I had a few close calls, where a couple of dudes rushed my position and I had to take them out with my pistol. But, it was like taking candy from a baby. Good times!