Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK V4.0 - WIP

well more or less the same.

Model/textures (us/racs versions) are ready.

We're polishing some things and we will be ready to go soon.

the only thing that we need to inform you is that finally we've decided about how the distribution of the versions will be.

We've tried to find the best solution in order to satisfy everyone.

so the following architecture will be.

distr.jpg

this architecture can serve as the best way of distribution. the main key features are:

1)HWM_racs_Air and HWM_us_Air will depend on HWM_Air but will come as separate pbos, in order to provide the ability for custom modfolders.

2)on top of the previous there is the newly (HWM_disable_Patch.pbo) which can serve as a disabling patch for eleminate every Greek class from the editor, that way the player should feel like he doesn't have loaded the HWM (Although HWM is absolute in order to work racs/us helicopters).

3)size is limited to 240+38+34=312MBs (for all Airs), instead of 240X3=720MB for separate pbos.

attributes in shortcuts variations.

shortcut possibly types.

-mod=@HWM                                                                                      loads only the Greek Addons

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_Racs (if there is any)                                           loads Greek and Racs

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_Racs;@HWM_Dis (if there is any)                          loads Greek and Racs But Disabling Greek Addons in Editor

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_US (if there is any)                                              loads Greek and US

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_US;@HWM_Dis (if there is any)                             loads Greek and US But Disabling Greek Addons in Editor

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_Racs;@HWM_US (if there are any)                        loads Greek , US and Racs

-mod=@HWM;@HWM_Racs;@HWM_us;@HWM_Dis (if there is any)          loads Greek ,Racs and US But Disabling Greek Addons in Editor

An Example

For this example i assume that the user is using project RACS mod so he has a modfolder name @Proj_Racs. in order to use the RACS UH1H and AH64 he should do the following.

1)a modfolder for the Greek. This modfolder is mandatory, even if the player doesn't want to load the Greek he MUST put that HWM addons somewhere in order for the US/Racs to work.

2)a modfolder named HWM_dis or whatever the player like that contains the HWM_disable_patch.pbo, for fast mount and dismount,

3) the player should probably add this to his project racs ArmA shortcut

-mod=@HWM;@Proj_Racs;@HWM_Dis

that way he'll have the Racs ah64 and hueys in game but without having the Greek.

ok, that's it, we think that this solution is good for everyone, and it's very simple for us to make, in fact we have already made for BETA5.0 and works great.

just to make that clear if i put everything in one folder except the HWM_disable_patch.pbo then i get everything right?

yup, correct, the simplest method is this.

just make a modfolder and put the all there.

cool.....have you guys fixed the atenna thing on the main rotor?

is there "only" the huey and apache with hwm addons pack v4.0 or all the other stuff that was in pack v3.0?

Will we be needing the HWM mod? for it to work? huh.gif if so wink_o.gif then it's alright i'm just trying to keep my Modholic self together so i don't have another addon downloading rampage again crazy_o.gif

1)Antenna has been fixed, for vehicles the new one is AH64 with its variations. The rest will be updates that needed in order to work the ah64, mostly in classes.

2)this HWM_addon_Pack_4.0 will have

HWM_Weapons (Ver 4.0)

HWM_Core (Ver 4.0)

HWM_Air (Ver 4.0)

these are the necessary, total size compressed with 7zip will be around 120MB for the whole rar to download.

The Best practice is to put pack 4.0 in your modfolder that you have the pack 3.0 (previous release) on top of the 3.0, replacing the old ones with the new ones.

well i sure hope it's this weekend or early next week =) but remember later the better! wink_o.gif

hello again.

which loadouts will be avaible? because you wrote something that it is complicated with the sidewinder/hellfire loadout.

and is it switchabel in the mission or not?

I just noticed now so it's not just the AH64A being made or am i wrong it says Pack 4.0 WIP... what other things do you guys have on your hands? crazy_o.gif

Due to lack of time we will release only AH64A at this time as discussed in this thread.

Expected release date during this week if we finish testing or begging next week in case we must work a little more.

Stay tuned.

Due to lack of time we will release only AH64A at this time as discussed in this thread.

Expected release date during this week if we finish testing or begging next week in case we must work a little more.

Stay tuned.

Just take your time and release it when it's ready. If people can't understand that you guys are doing this for fun and on your free time, piss on em.  biggrin_o.gif

cool bro good to hear! dont worry bout time, it is ,what it is! just keep working hard, and keep your hater blockers on! lol

Stay tuned.

Just take your time and release it when it's ready. If people can't understand that you guys are doing this for fun and on your free time, piss on em.  biggrin_o.gif

haha love some of your comments smile_o.gif

People need to realise from a personal point of view I always prefer the addon to be played with by the community, I doubt any addon maker/converter ever sits on a perfectly good addon just to spite people.

It's ready when they release it nothing more nothing less.

Looking forward to this using it with the Kiowa.

Southy

Please don't force yourself to Release it early =) release it when you think you should don't take our impatience seriously biggrin_o.gif we're just VERY excited for this Aircraft you have created so don't mind us we'll keep our holes shut. tounge2.gif

As we found some bugs when playing into dedicated server we will delay the release few days more in order to fix them.

I will not continue posting about WIP and I believe that my next post will be the release post.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards

Aplion: btw, any plans to release UH1 as stand-alone with maybe tweaked flight model?

Aplion: btw, any plans to release UH1 as stand-alone with maybe tweaked flight model?

That would be awesome m8!

No plans, changes at great degree on the previous. All will be reworked for ArmA2 and since ArmA2 is close we will focus on the next addon pack. In order to catch up for one more release

About UH1H this release will contain ah64/uh1h us versions as standalone and the same goes for racs. but if you're looking for 100% uh1h standalone, i'm afraid it's not going to happen.

...since ArmA2 is close we will focus on the next addon pack. In order to catch up for one more release

Just out of curiousity, has BI helped you with any conversion info for ARMA2 so that you can start converting before the engine is out?