Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK V4.0 - WIP

inlove.gif These bow shots remind me of Gunship2000 rofl.gif

lovely bird, top notch as it seems.

after few 2-3 hours, in order to be more complete

GROUND-SUPPRESION MISIONS

wep_rl_04.jpg

1)About Destruction System.

The destruction System now is to Version 2.0, but the new functionalities are implemented only to the Ah-64A. The new destruction system is a bit more sophisticated than the previus, now it contains and damage malfunctions.. hopefully soon we can post a video featuring the destruction system.

2)About release date, probably it's month"s" without the "s" but we can't give any promise, since we haven't finish or test every aspect of the addon.

Niiiiiiice! This looks like a fantastic piece of work gentlemen.

How about a loadout of 3 FFAR pods and one rack of hellfires, just in case?

Very Nice Apache !  thumbs-up.gif

Soon or later i make a real sound for this baby smile_o.gif

btw can u make versions with Stingers?

ah64dmissionnu8.jpg

and later Longbow version too?

ah64attack2lx6.gif

Guys, decent work, as always wink_o.gif

One thing you should fix before making the next pics where it is flying: rotor blur! It makes it look way better and shouldn't be hard to do smile_o.gif

thanks all of you for your kind comments.

1)@Chops. about armament, you can make almost every armament aspect, as long as you can put the appropriate lines in the init (although it won't work 100% correct) that way.

2) @Robert Hammer. About armament schemes, we based our schemes on that image. Although we're investigating if the AH-64A is capable of carrying stingers on the wing sides.

3)@Raedor. about the blur, we didn't make the rotor blur, in purpose, instead as rotor blur proxy you use the actual rotor. Although we need to see if indeed is better with the usual rotor blur plane way.

@Sparky: Have you guys looked at RKSL's rotorsystem? It is really awesome. Would be cool if you would implement such a system. thumbs-up.gif

i would suggest a stinger carrying variant for the RACS version only to show a little update of the RACS Apache to counter the SLA Ka-50 Hokum because the Ka-50 can fire his AT missels against air targets or so, because i never see a U.S. Army or Greek Army AH-64A with stingers on the wingtips but its only a suggestion. do what you think is best for your project.

@HWM Team 3 questions:

very great work so far, looks very good.is it possible via init line or so to add Hellfire to the outboard and Hydra to the inboard pylons?

is the RACS version of the Apache in TAN like your huey? will you release special apache pilots with there helmets for the Apache with the monocle and so on?

PS: sorry for bad english and grammer

yeah, Countermeasure pods, but when you look closer you will see that this pods are mounted on a AH-64D Apache. i´m not sure that the AH-64A can carry that pods.

indeed we had some issues with adding the side wingtips with stingers.

we based the 3rd scheme with sidewinder missile on that (source squadron signal AH-64Apache).

sidewinder.jpg

also in the same source the following information provided

stinger.jpg

but since the source is quite old, i'm not sure if the last ever produced or moved to the AH-64D version... It's something that we have to see.

1)About the RACS well the US and RACS will be different p3ds and the "flip" of the pods could be possible, we'll see if we have the time to do it though.

hm, i think it would be a fine aircraft addon with or with out stingers on the wingtips keep up the good work and take all the time you need, but keep up the teasing with pics and videos biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]yeah, Countermeasure pods, but when you look closer you will see that this pods are mounted on a AH-64D Apache.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the "D" designation is for the radar mast above the main rotors.  Those Dutch Apaches do not have the radar mast.

GD Mast

Kind of right, not quite though. The AH64D Longbow has the fire-control radar. An AH64D striped of the radome doesn't have the FCR but still has the ability to use some advanced systems. But an AH64D striped of the FCR is still called an AH64D Longbow, a lot of times you will also see them listed as an AH64D. I'm not sure exactly what systems the AH64D sans radome uses though.

It's a confusing scenario, but for the most part the "D" does mean it has the radome on it. But you can see them with out the radome/FCR but still called an AH64D(in pics mostly.). Though technically with out the FCR it's still a Longbow.

I think that's how it goes. wink_o.gif

Coming from my Major who still flies Apaches, the way to tell an A model from a D model is by the size of the avionics bays (the two bulges sticking out the lower fuselage). The D model has a lot larger as compared to the A model.

Not all D models have the dome on top of the rotor shaft.

Thanks Manzilla and suhjake.  That clears up alot (at least for me).

GD Mast

In order to provide some more info on the D/longobow discussion.

"Apache improvements

Since the earliest days of AH-64A operations there have been attempts to upgrade the aircraft. In the mid-1980s McDonnell Douglas began studies of the Advanced Apache/Apache Plus, which was later referred to, unofficially, as the 'AH-64B'. The AH-64B would have had a revised, updated cockpit with a new fire control system, Stinger air-to-air missiles, a redesigned Chain Gun* and a fin-mounted video camera. AH-64B was aimed at the US Army, but a similar AH-64G was proposed for the German anti-tank helicopter requirement, now filled by the Eurocopter Tiger. In 1988 funding was released for an AH-64 Multi-Stage Improvement Program (MSIP) to improve the Apache's sensor and weapons suites while integrating new digital databus and communications systems. The MSIP was abandoned before it reached the hardware stage. The reason was that new technologies, which had always been 'earmarked' for application to the Apache, were finally becoming real — and with them came the possibility for transforming the already formidable Apache into something even better. A scries of upgrades was proposed after Operation Desert Storm, the so-called AH-64A+/Desert Storm fixes. These included VHF/FM NoE communications improvements (a long-recognised Apache problem), a desert filtration kit, ground-proximity warning system, TADS/PNVS and Chain Gun" accuracy improvements, GPS, new HF radio, SINCGARS secure radio, improved IFF and flight control computer upgrade. Like the proposed MSIP these changes were abandoned in favour of a far-reaching and highly integrated transformation of the AH-64A, through the addition of a revolutionary new radar system and completely revised onboard systems. Millimetre-wave (MMW) radar guidance had always been an option for Hellfire guidance, but was rejected for the AH-64A as the technology was not mature enough. In the Airborne Adverse Weather Weapon System (AAWWS), Westinghouse, in collaboration with Martin-Marietta (now Lockheed Martin Orlando), developed the Longbow MMW radar. Longbow is now being integrated into the US Army's Apache fleet, transforming existing aircraft into AH-64D Longbow Apaches. MMW technology overcomes the existing limitations in the Apache's targeting optics/laser combination. At present, the AH-64A can simultaneously engage two targets using its own designator, at a range of up to 8000 m (26,247 ft), day or night. However, the laser and FLIR are constrained by atmospheric conditions and the Hellfirc's range is limited if the cloud ceiling is less than 400 ft (122 m) AGL. To make a self-designated kill at maximum range, the AH-64A must unmask for 37 seconds.

Longbow — the next generation

The Longbow radar is largely impervious to atmospheric interference, allows the Apache to fire-and-forget all 16 AGM-114Ls in rapid succession, and gives the aircraft a new lethal SEAL) capability. The Longbow system comprises the mast-mounted fire control radar (FCR), a programmable signal processor and the Longbow Hellfire missile. The Longbow radar can scan a 50-knr (19.3 sq-mile) swathe of territory and detect up to 1,024 potential targets. Of these, 128 can be classified and displayed simultaneously, and software improvements will increase this to 156. The system will prioritise 16 targets depending on the desired engagement criteria and the target characteristics (wheeled, tracked, airborne, moving, static etc.). Longbow programme officials are keen to point out that while the radar can 'classify' a target, it does not 'identify' it. It can, however, determine if a contact is a wheeled vehicle or a tank or an air-defence system. The FCR has a detection range of 8000 m (26,247 ft) against moving targets and 6000 m (19,685 ft) against static ones. The Longbow's SEAD capability is provided by its radar frequency interferometer (RFI), a sophisticated RWR that can identify and target any emitting (ADU/air defence unit) system on the battlefield. The RFI has 360° coverage — 'fine' in its 180° forward hemisphere, and 'coarse' in the rear 180°. The system will provide an azimuth to target, although not a range. The Longbow radar also gives the AH-64D an effective air-to-air targeting capability. Longbow's MIL-STD 1760 databus will accept ATAS on its wingtip stations, but Stinger integration is not a priority purely on cost terms"

Guest RKSL-Rock
Kind of right, not quite though. The AH64D Longbow has the fire-control radar. An AH64D striped of the radome doesn't have the FCR but still has the ability to use some advanced systems. But an AH64D striped of the FCR is still called an AH64D Longbow, a lot of times you will also see them listed as an AH64D. I'm not sure exactly what systems the AH64D sans radome uses though.

It's a confusing scenario, but for the most part the "D" does mean it has the radome on it. But you can see them with out the radome/FCR but still called an AH64D(in pics mostly.). Though technically with out the FCR it's still a Longbow.

I think that's how it goes.  wink_o.gif

An AH-64D is the standard version ie no FCR on the rotor.  The AH-64D Longbow has the FCR.  Longbow is the name of the FCR radar.

So both types are AH-64Ds.

As for the visual difference between the the A and the D, Suhsjake is right.  The D has large avionics bays around the nose.  Internally the cockpits are very different.  the A is mostly analogue, with traditional dials and switches.  The D uses multifunction displays and multifuntion controls on the stick tops.

The Dutch AH-64D are unique in that they have pods contianing ECM and Countermeasures packages on the wing tips.

in my oppinion the A Apache looks much, much cooler and se*ier not like the fat D models with there fat asymetric avionic bays.

but the D Apaches are more effective at all.

i´m lucky that the HWM team model the A Apache and not the D.

and for now the model looks amazing but that was told before from a bunch other guys. biggrin_o.gif