sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

That can be tricky. I was having some fun with aceip on gaia(oh man, the quality of some of the older islands is way better than sahrani, I think Sahrani was just a tech demo) and I was on a rooftop with a javelin and I equipped myself with a javelin and my assistant with a tube. When I pressed action and gear it ordered him to the gas station and off the building, into death.

Regarding the russian voices:

Quote[/b] ]Example 1:

_nul = ["east", "russian"] execVM "\ACE_FX_Voices_Russian\s\ace_select_side.sqf";

This doesn't seem to be working, as I can't find any similar .pbo's in my @ACE mod dir except ace_sound_voices_russian.pbo, which doesn't seem to contain that script.

Another missing .pbo or is the script packed with another pbo which I can't seem to find?  crazy_o.gif

You should place a function in the ammoguy

to "Show gear". And a function that becomes

availeble to you "Pick up gear" or "Take Gear".

Thats the only way i see the relevance of the

"Ammobarer" or even the "AT Assistant"..

Im not sure if its been mentioned, I dont have time right now to trawl the 100+ pages but the Javelin sound seems to be broken. The initial launch sound plays but the secondary rocket firing doesnt have a sound.

Anyone else having this problem?

Regarding AI dropping things: just open the map, go to the briefing notepad, go to the group pad, click your AI, and then order him to drop whatever. He'll happily drop 'em down on the ground at his feet. smile_o.gif

Did make me think of something else: when someone is unconscious, shouldn't you be able to use the "gear" action on them (to take bandages, disarm them, whatever)? Well, why don't you?

Action: Gear

No idea how it works in MP, but in SP you can happily steal the pants of anyone the "gear" action has been forced on, alive or dead. smile_o.gif I remember back in ArmA 1.0, the BLUFOR medic for some reason had a gear action on him as a sort of bug, so you could steal his stuff whenever biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]Did make me think of something else: when someone is unconscious, shouldn't you be able to use the "gear" action on them (to take bandages, disarm them, whatever)? Well, why don't you?

Eh? works for me. If people are on the ground unconcious or just wounded i got the gear option on em.

Wolfrug: it works 100%, just try Examine first (kneeling) if it doesn't show.

Please try to make a smaller version of this mod. My internet cap is limited and I really want to dl this mod. Maybe remove some models or textures that does not change the gameplay. The gameplay features is all I'm after. Please!

Thanks in advance

L!nk

I'm finally getting used to the stamina system when running and carrying things. But when I do play on a dedicated server, on coops that are made for ACE, I and others have noticed.

If you get wounded and you just drop to the ground, laying there "blinking" your eyes. The enemie "knows" your not dead, but they don't shoot, they just circle around your body until your are about to come out of your little "coma".

All the enemies lurk around to see if you wakes up. You can lay there VERY long! and then when you finaly wakes up, you have a bunch of enemies on top of you and just kills you right away.

Then the revive counter starts....

rofl.gif

You kind of "sitting duck"

Is there any way to adjust that "coma" part?

I like the revive part, but "coma" is not so cool for "3 minutes", just to be shoot right away.

Regarding AI dropping things: just open the map, go to the briefing notepad, go to the group pad, click your AI, and then order him to drop whatever. He'll happily drop 'em down on the ground at his feet. smile_o.gif

Did make me think of something else: when someone is unconscious, shouldn't you be able to use the "gear" action on them (to take bandages, disarm them, whatever)? Well, why don't you?

Action: Gear

No idea how it works in MP, but in SP you can happily steal the pants of anyone the "gear" action has been forced on, alive or dead. smile_o.gif I remember back in ArmA 1.0, the BLUFOR medic for some reason had a gear action on him as a sort of bug, so you could steal his stuff whenever biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

My god...I havent thought of that....

THANK YOU notworthy.gif

I'm finally getting used to the stamina system when running and carrying things. But when I do play on a dedicated server, on coops that are made for ACE, I and others have noticed.

If you get wounded and you just drop to the ground, laying there "blinking" your eyes. The enemie "knows" your not dead, but they don't shoot, they just circle around your body until your are about to come out of your little "coma".

All the enemies lurk around to see if you wakes up. You can lay there VERY long! and then when you finaly wakes up, you have a bunch of enemies on top of you and just kills you right away.

Then the revive counter starts....

rofl.gif

You kind of "sitting duck"

Is there any way to adjust that "coma" part?

I like the revive part, but "coma" is not so cool for "3 minutes", just to be shoot right away.

esc -> respawn smile_o.gif

Or better than respawn, have a medic than can patch you up, and others that take care of those circling you. Play as a team and get rewarded. Play as Rambo and you'll end up in your situation.

CarlGustaffa : exactly.

I'm wondering: will ACE team be able to tweak weapons to have more jams, so far we had at least 6 all-night events and we experienced only a jam on 1 gun?

Personally I think the jams are fine as they are - I played for a week with no jams at all, then had TWO while firing one box of M240 rounds... isn't life just like that?   crazy_o.gif

That is true, but not fun.

Or better than respawn, have a medic than can patch you up, and others that take care of those circling you. Play as a team and get rewarded. Play as Rambo and you'll end up in your situation.

I don't like playing like a Rambo. I encourage team play.

But still I don't like this as much. Since the AI knows your not dead, they will just circle your position and kill ether your medic or you when you come to yourself again.

Well, now I have mentioned it. Just my feedback on such a great Addon.

BTW: The more exessive you fire your gun, the higher probability for a JAM I think. I was pinned down, but I had much ammo. Then I started "suppressing"  wink_o.gif and then after 4-5 clips I suddenly got my first jam, then 2 clips after that I got another jam. Never had it before, but it was a real cool feature.

CarlGustaffa : exactly.

I'm wondering: will ACE team be able to tweak weapons to have more jams, so far we had at least 6 all-night events and we experienced only a jam on 1 gun?

Tweaking jams are on the to do list wink_o.gif

That is true, but not fun.

I don't like playing like a Rambo. I encourage team play.

But still I don't like this as much. Since the AI knows your not dead, they will just circle your position and kill ether your medic or you when you come to yourself again.

Well, now I have mentioned it. Just my feedback on such a great Addon.

BTW: The more exessive you fire your gun, the higher probability for a JAM I think. I was pinned down, but I had much ammo. Then I started "suppressing"  wink_o.gif and then after 4-5 clips I suddenly got my first jam, then 2 clips after that I got another jam. Never had it before, but it was a real cool feature.

Use norrin's latest ACE revive script.

Script takes out the ACE unconscious and uses only the known revive wounded screen with camera etc..

I don't mind the jam rate if they cannot be weapon specific. And they shouldn't go into ECS (default) values, those jams were way too frequent, became too much of a pain to live with.

Jams can be, and I think currently are weapon-spefic. However all use the same default value at the moment. Adding more weapon-specific characteristics will be done, but it was more important to have a working jam system at all than 'correct' jam values, whatever they are (hard to judge since it is very different depending on environment, weather, weapon age, weapon maintenance and skill/discipline of weapon user, so any kind of statistics available are very hard to turn into useable numbers)

Any A.C.E. single player missions available for download?

Khyber Pass and First Blood over in the user missions section. Plus most missions made with just vanilla BIS units can be played with ACE. I haven't found to many that can't be played with ACE and if the have units that aren't compatible with ACE(like jonny's marines and SF) I just open up the mission.sqm and and switch class names to ACE units.

Hey guys I am trying to get the "get out" and "jump out" functions to work on a 3rd party addon. I have seen the question asked multiple times in this forum, but no answer. Any advice on the topic would be greatly appreciated.