sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Right on, good education to know. I know 5.56 rounds aren't as common now as 7.62, and autocannons are definitely the way to go. I did not know about the kevlar "blankets" though, that's a detail that often gets left out of reports that I can find. Also, cool pic... that definitely looks like it's just part of the airframe, so I wouldn't have noticed that it's actually kevlar.

The point is that the issue doesn't seem to be so much with ACE, and that's exactly why I jumped on this thing. ACE didn't necessarily do anything wrong here, and it's just silly to start acting as if the problem is related to ACE without further investigation.

Forgive me for getting defensive, I only got defensive as a means of "standing up for myself" when Newbie McNewbster started getting defensive. tounge2.gif

Let's get back to making real bug reports and praising ACE and the fine work of the ACE development team. biggrin_o.gif

Forgive me for getting defensive, I only got defensive as a means of "standing up for myself" when Newbie McNewbster started getting defensive.   tounge2.gif

Let's get back to making real bug reports and praising ACE and the fine work of the ACE development team.   biggrin_o.gif

says the guy who continues to insult me.....

Thaught about the flashbangs. Are the AI flashed longer than players are? Players are flashed very brief and it doesnt really do what its supposed to do.

Just checking. Should be longer white out IMO.

Cheers. wink_o.gif

Alex

Hey just for a fyi, if anybody doesn't know something about a realistic feature on a vehicle ( such as the above 5.56 on aircraft, which doesn't exist ) I probably am one of the top people to ask.

I don't know if A.C.E mod would be open to me, but hey, here is my offer.

I am probably in the wrong place for this.

Low flying, low performance aircraft, such as a UH-60 or OH-58, would definitely be susceptible to taking considerable damage to crew from small arms fire.

Fast movers such as, say, a F-16 would never go below the deck unless for a high risk gun run. Real world, F-16s are high in the sky dropping ordnance where even a battery of ZPU-1s would have a hard time engaging( that's why there are ZPU-4s ). They do this because of the AA missile threat mainly, flying at > 1000 ft = bad. I understand this is sort of a ArmA engine problem though.

Oh and ZPU-1s, let alone ZPU-4s, are a beast to fire and aim with, it's not like ingame where there is no dust and you can see where your rounds are going. That also goes for just about any large caliber weapon.

@usarmy19dsniper

Quote[/b] ]Low flying, low performance aircraft, such as a UH-60 or OH-58, would definitely be susceptible to taking considerable damage to crew from small arms fire.

First, a UH-60 is definately NOT a low flying, low performance aircraft. Second, it's not as susceptible to small arms fire as you make it sound. I have over 680 combat flight hours crewing a blackhawk with A Co. 4/101st AVN REGT. We took small arms fire all the time and while the airframe did take some damage, it was never anything significant. Did you read the stuff on the previous page?

As stated prior, this is not an ACE issue and should be discussed elsewhere.

Namikaze & Archangel08

Both of you need to cool your jets.

Be civil or take a holiday from the forums, it's your choice.

Talking about bullets:

Whats with the dispertion? of bullets??

Im laying down fully calm. Aiming with iron

or acog. Fire, but the bullet wont hit the target!!

It miss with up to 50cm or even more..

Sway isnt a issue here...I have sway to minimal.

Latest patch nr 4 ace patch and 1.15 game patch.

@usarmy19dsniper
Quote[/b] ]Low flying, low performance aircraft, such as a UH-60 or OH-58, would definitely be susceptible to taking considerable damage to crew from small arms fire.

First, a UH-60 is definately NOT a low flying, low performance aircraft. Second, it's not as susceptible to small arms fire as you make it sound. I have over 680 combat flight hours crewing a blackhawk with A Co. 4/101st AVN REGT. We took small arms fire all the time and while the airframe did take some damage, it was never anything significant. Did you read the stuff on the previous page?

As stated prior, this is not an ACE issue and should be discussed elsewhere.

You took what I said way out of context, good job.

Talking about bullets:

Wind perhaps?

I have problems controlling the parachute as I dont use the WASD keys for movement and have defined other actions to them. Is it possible for me to fix that somehow? I couldnt find any definitions for me in ace_keys.hpp.

Thanks

Found an big issue with this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4074

If i put the Weapons (that are needed for the units)

i geht errors with all Scars in the ACE Weapon box.

I did not notice this bug in Version 1.00,1.01,1.02 but i think in 1.03 and 1.04

Any idears how to fix? dont want to loose these Deltas

yeah, I think you'll have to remove the sf_scar pbo from the Special Forces Detachment Alpha addon. The pbo name is the same for it and ACE.

Thinking of better gear/weapon gui/dialog, something that would allow selection of base weapon model from list and then accessories from dropboxes or so, ive seen it done in some missions, something like this:

guim.jpg

w487.png

And judging by selected options it will re-equip given unit when you press apply, now wouldnt that be easier than browsing thru a list with 500 different weapon combinations and ammo types?

Having something like this integrated in to ace would be nice, make a hotkey menu you can access at any time, with options to modify your weapon, take silencer off or put scope on etc.

This would definetly bring something new to missions, not having to live with welded accessories on your gun..

Maybe even take it 1 step further and add weapon accessory as items to slots. So you can pick up a scope from a crate and replace your aimpoint with it later on, as long as you have it with you. Then it will swap weapons and the item in inventory, how about that?

Found an big issue with this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4074

If i put the Weapons (that are needed for the units)

i geht errors with all Scars in the ACE Weapon box.

I did not notice this bug in Version 1.00,1.01,1.02 but i think in 1.03 and 1.04

Any idears how to fix? dont want to loose these Deltas

Oh yeah... and make sure you delete the original SCARs .pbo when you made the changes and are ready to play.

Clawhammer &

[CeDe]Aushilfe,

No they aren't quite compatible but it's an easy fix.

I fixed the errors for personal use. It's really quite simple but a bit time consuming. The error has been present since ACE was released. The problem occurs since by default, those units are equipped with the original scar pack.(Non-ACE SCARs.) The class name of these weapons use SIX_.... instead of ACE_... so you can't use both the original SCAR pack with the SCARs from ACE. The .pbo for the original SCARs and the ACE SCARs are the same as well.

What you need to do is unpack the acusf.pbo then open up the CfgVehicles.hpp file and change the weapons class names to the corresponding ACE class names for each unit. Each unit will have these lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">weapons[] = {"ACE_SCAR_L_ACOG_EGLM", "NVGoggles", "Binocular", "ACE_Dragon", "Throw", "Put"};

magazines[] = {"ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_Dragon", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"};

respawnweapons[] = {"ACE_SCAR_L_ACOG_EGLM", "NVGoggles", "Binocular", "ACE_Dragon", "Throw", "Put"};

respawnmagazines[] = {"ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_B_Stanag", "ACE_Dragon", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203", "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"};

(Don't mind the class names I have in there. They aren't accurate load outs, but my own personal preference.)

Just make sure you change all the class names in these 4 lines for each of the units and they will work with out any problems.

After all this is done just re-.pbo the folder and you are ready to rock.

It took me a few hours to do but it's well worth the time. Just be careful you don't have any typos, delete anything or accidentally change anything else or it will be a pain in the ass to find and correct the error.

Don't hurt me but, anyone else noticing the bug with the 240 Blackhawks? When you get a second person jumping in the cargo slot, they are upfront where the co-pilot sits. Bugged inside of him, however in third person it is not visible.

I would like to make a request on new groups in the editor for Desert Camo Marines instead of only Woodland. Or if anyone could tell me an easy way to create a group.

Talking about bullets:

Wind perhaps?

Nahaaa...

First shot 50cm to the right...Second shot

20sec later 50cm to the left..

Even i dont stutter my weapon that much under

those conditions...

Don't hurt me but, anyone else noticing the bug with the 240 Blackhawks? When you get a second person jumping in the cargo slot, they are upfront where the co-pilot sits. Bugged inside of him, however in third person it is not visible.

Fixed.

Hi, updated ACE. I took away the ace UI as I prefer the 'proper' one, clean and nice no extras. But now there is an error message about minimal UI. Is there any way of having arma menues and loading screen after personal likings, or do I just have to 'suck it up'?  wink_o.gif Screens are nice no prob, but not of my personal taste of 'skip the bull**** and get to the game'.

As a note, I had to fix the FOV for personal purposes. Maxfov of 1.5 gives me too much fishbowl, its like playing an alien in AvsP 1  tounge2.gif (as a trackir user I like to play in max zoom out and zoom in lineary when I need).

I also took a look at the para scripts as I cant, for some reason, steer the chute using my wasd keys. I see you used camera input for it, so I have no clue why it isnt working  confused_o.gif

Loving ACE thumbs-up.gif

You can have your own addon in another mod folder and make it load before ACE (add it after ACE in shortcut I think, I'm not 100% sure thou).