sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

AI and animations. But yes I get your feeling, ACE is awesome

and I probably will be going back to Arma 1 a lot while waiting for it to be converted smile_o.gif

Yepp, same here too... yay.gif

Hello,

First off I would like to thank the ACE team, you guys are legends!!

Been waiting for a mod like this since OFP's WGL mod!

I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to set the option to turn the radio chatter to "stealth" (AI instantly follows a command) I can't seem to find any documentation on the ACE wiki or inside the mod's folders sad_o.gif

Thanks in advance for any assistance smile_o.gif

Good question SimraN! Wanted to know that as well.

Also, i noticed that when you pack a rucksack and put it in an ammo box/ground and then take it back that all your gear that was in it is now "on you". And you have to click in your normal inventory and then pack a lot of times to stuff it all back in there.

Earlier beta you could drop a stuffed backpack anywhere you liked and pick it up and it was all in there. Anyway, just noticed it after i was about to prepare a backpack for a sniper friend and drop it off at a location so he could pick it up.

Loving the mod. Cant stop playing. smile_o.gif Great work ACE team.

Regards

Alex

Open "ace_clientside_config.hpp" in the dta\ACE folder - its all there.

The radio chatter thing was mentioned a bit earlier in the thread but probably a while back. I believe all you have to do is go into Dta/ACE and open the ace_clientside_config.hpp file. The first section is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"ACE Mod" - "ACE RadioSilence"

It explains it there. Either change the last part of the line to _stealth or _silent.

I believe this is what you are looking for.

EDIT: Wow 3 in a row and quick. Damn I'm too slow.

Thanks guys. smile_o.gif

Wondered about what happened to some classnames or what it is, but i made a mission with about 20 custom geared up soldiers and they all had backpacks with gear. I used the "_PDM" to add to the backpack and after 1.04 they dont have any gear in the backpacks anymore.

You probably have this explained somewhere and im probably a retard, yes i know. Sorry about that. But if someone knows i would be glad to hear what i missed.

Thank you very much.

/Alex

Wow 100 pages already !  Congratulations!

Could the ACE team address the fact that AI gunners are not engaging automatically in player driven vehicles please?

I'm not sure how one would go about doing this but I'm sure you could restore functionality.

Apart from that 1.04 is great !

[TAO] Kremator

any aknowledge from ACE about this ?

Could the ACE team address the fact that AI gunners are not engaging automatically in player driven vehicles please?

I'm not sure how one would go about doing this but I'm sure you could restore functionality.

[TAO] Kremator

yup i got the same problem =/

[TAO] Kremator

yup i got the same problem =/

It has been reported in the ACE project tools here. I'm sure it will get looked into.

I hope so. It's kind of discouraging me from playing lately. It makes SP a bitch. Plus I just noticed the linebacker was gone. I was praying it wasn't just a tweak of the Bradley, but made by the team. sad_o.gif

That's too bad, but in due time I'm sure they will get one back in there.

Thanks for the help guys smile_o.gif

I love this mod!!

Thanks again to the ACE team for the great work! notworthy.gif

72 @ Feb. 20 2009,04:01)]Thanks guys. smile_o.gif

Wondered about what happened to some classnames or what it is, but i made a mission with about 20 custom geared up soldiers and they all had backpacks with gear. I used the "_PDM" to add to the backpack and after 1.04 they dont have any gear in the backpacks anymore.

You probably have this explained somewhere and im probably a retard, yes i know. Sorry about that. But if someone knows i would be glad to hear what i missed.

Thank you very much.

/Alex

Read here. The system was changed and it is explained under the "Update to ruck system (Jan 31 2009)" on that page.

Does anyone use the FDF Mod with ACE around here? If so please try test this real quick before I open a thread about it over in the ACE forum.

Place a US Army Woodland Grenadier anywhere on Pogada and fire his m203. Do the grenades explode? I've been making a mission on there and just realized the no grenades from a GL will explode, regardless of which weapon or side I'm firing with.

So I tested it with just a single grenadier and still nothing, no matter what distance I fired. Then I took that same grenadier and placed him on porto, avgani, ACE Nogova, and Sahrani and the grenades exploded again.

Weird Sh^t. Anyway, can some one try this real fast and tell me what happens?

same on most Islands- m203 no boom

same on most Islands- m203 no boom

Which Islands exactly do this occur for you? I'll try them too.

The 203 issue has been happening on the FDF Podaga Island since i can remember! huh.gif

Does anyone use the FDF Mod with ACE around here? If so please try test this real quick before I open a thread about it over in the ACE forum.

Place a US Army Woodland Grenadier anywhere on Pogada and fire his m203. Do the grenades explode? I've been making a mission on there and just realized the no grenades from a GL will explode, regardless of which weapon or side I'm firing with.

So I tested it with just a single grenadier and still nothing, no matter what distance I fired. Then I took that same grenadier and placed him on porto, avgani, ACE Nogova, and Sahrani and the grenades exploded again.

I had the same issue...

You don't need to go that far...

use rahmadi...

If you shoot M203s to close ranges they sometimes do not explode..I guess their impact degree is important...

If teh angle is too acute they may go pffff where as when the angle is closer to 90 they go boom biggrin_o.gif

I had the same issue...

You don't need to go that far...

use rahmadi...

If you shoot M203s to close ranges they sometimes do not explode..I guess their impact degree is important...

If teh angle is too acute they may go pffff where as when the angle is closer to 90 they go boom biggrin_o.gif

That's not what I was asking about, sorry if this wasn't clear.

Quote[/b] ]So I tested it with just a single grenadier and still nothing, no matter what distance I fired.

I'll give it a try on Rahmadi as well but I'm pretty sure I didn't have a problem there. Occasionally there's a dud and yeah if I fire a very short distance they don't go off but what's happening on Pogada is no explosion at all. They just stick in the dirt whether I shoot them 5yds or 300yds. And whether it's fired parallel, at a 90 degree angle or anywhere in between.

ck-claw,

Thanks. I thought this was the case but I swear I remember using them on the island in the past. I was probably imagining things though. wink_o.gif

For info ...

Issue of AI not firing in human controlled vehicles is closer to being sorted.

I have found out that ace_config_vehicle.pbo is causing the problem.

Without it I am able to get my gunners to engage automatically! Hello Cobra pilots!

Have opened a ticket, browsed through the .bin file but I'm a n00b at configs and can't find the problem.

The ACE team will be able to sort it I'm sure.

[TAO] Kremator

Since we are now heading into almost 103 pages, I figured I'd just ask. Concerning the weapon jams, is anyone else getting where when it jams all the rest of your mags go bye-bye? I was a SAW gunner for example, on my first clip and got a weapon jam. When I opened the gear menu all of my other clips were gone. Didn't someone make a weapon jam addon awhile back? I seem to recall one and even then I didn't have that issue. I wonder if there was a way to disable ACE's one that robs me of all my clips and use that one instead?

That was Q1184 that made that. I don't think it works with ACE though. I believe he mentioned that way, way at the front of this thread after I posted a link to it from ArmAholic.com.

Since we are now heading into almost 103 pages, I figured I'd just ask. Concerning the weapon jams, is anyone else getting where when it jams all the rest of your mags go bye-bye? I was a SAW gunner for example, on my first clip and got a weapon jam. When I opened the gear menu all of my other clips were gone. Didn't someone make a weapon jam addon awhile back? I seem to recall one and even then I didn't have that issue. I wonder if there was a way to disable ACE's one that robs me of all my clips and use that one instead?

yes , that happens to me too , although i was using ECS mod too and i don't know if it is a compatibility issue with ECS or it is ACE fault

Did you set the weapon malfunction in the ECS_public file to false? That may cause a problem if it's set to true. I haven't seen this problem yet but I have only had a weapon jam a few times and that was before I started using ECS and I was using ACE v1.02 I think.