sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

You can use the modfolder method described here to launch multiple mods.

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

But I don't think CWR is made to be played with ACE. If you are just going to be playing singleplayer,

you will probably be better off using less gameplay-changing mods than ACE. This sticky thread can be helpful:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?71981-Add-On-Compilation-for-more-Realism-and-Immersion-%28revised%29

Hello all, i tried to search but couldnt find anything in this thread.

I wanted to use the UAV, so i set it up normally (player, control object, UAV module and an MQ-9 drone), i can access it normally but the problem is that first off the pilot seems to go insane, keeps changing target and fills the chat with commands, second i can't find a way to use the laser designator for the hellfire. I shoot them with laser marker on but they just go on a straight path as if the laser is off. Maybe i am missing something but i cant find a way to make it work. Can anybody help me? Is this supposed to be normal? I watched a video tutorial on Youtube but there was nothing in regard of drones with ACE, only attack helos.

Sorry for the sorta necrobump, but I've wanted to replay the ArmA series and seeing as the ArmA I campaigns have not really been converted (and I understand why :P) I've wanted to make the most of the original, and this is still the go to mod for it. However, I do have some concerns that perhaps people can either help me solve, or at least explain to me why they are not solvable. The first has to do with the fact that that I've noticed this sometimes that when I gun down an enemy, he can sometimes instantly come back from being down on the floor and reengage me. I figure this is implemented thanks to the bleeding out mechanic, but I was wondering if there was any way I can reconfigure this? The issue that this poses isn't so much that a damaged person can still re-engage in combat, it's the fact that you can gun down a guy and thinking he's dead, he's still alive and giving orders to the AI. The reason I find this troublesome is because friendly AI doesn't engage downed people like that, making it a bit of a frustrating endeavour. Is there any way to tweak this?

The second thing I'd like to ask is that sometimes when you get hit and go down, animations will loop. Sometimes you'll stand up and then fall right back down, only to do this until you die. I figure this is something that was never addressed as the community probably just moved on to ArmA II, but I felt like it was worth a shot to ask you guys here if anything can be toggled and tampered with. I'm not nearly as technically efficient as you guys, I just end up consuming the labors of it. :P

Hello,

i found this in a very very old post regarding the unit join player group problem (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?71436-unit-join-player-group), i think its related to the ACE Mod because of the ACE_NET_fSend thing, thats why i ask here for help ...

Its said to put it in the init line, i tried but its not working ... can somebody tell me how to use this or explain how to get it to work?

[-2, { [_this select 0] join (_this select 1) }, [test1, player]] call ACE_NET_fSend;

Where can i find the ACE_NET_fSend, where is it located?

Edited by Fenrisswolf

sry for my english-speeker level, but i cant keep silence anymore:

I'm a member of russian arma2 gaming community tsgames.ru . Every weekend we plays big pvp-games with 200 players on one server. And i must to say, that mortars are very weak and crippled. For example: radius of lethal fragments extermination for 61mm, 81mm and 82mm mortars is about 15-20 meters, but random of impact area is 100-150 meters. And its not realistic, when i shoot on so small range 2000-4000 meters, and cant hit enemy because random is very huge for this range. So huge random correct for really long range, not small range. i think u must fix it, cuz now mortars for only noising terrible effects )

ACE build 595

There are two factors, which slow down speed of artillery battery work:

1) Unability to aim a mortar on to required baring with SHIFT button.

2) all objects fall off players hands, wihich makes imposible to charge mortar quickly.

Another Trouble:

Charges#5,6,7,8 of M119 howitzer have too small damage, in contrast to charges#1,2,3,4. In ACE Build 592 and early Builds it all absolutely equal.

Edited by xumanxater

Is it possible to replace some models of units and weapons without breaking any dependencies and special/unique features of ACE mod? For example, I'd like to have RH AK pack available for all OPFOR soldiers by default. Anyone tried it already maybe?

if you do it properly( including correct required addons,correct config inheritance and just modding the loadout) shouldn't be any problem on doing that. The only thing it's that those weapon/ammo won't have ACE configs, so damage calculation and some other minor things won't be 100% acurate

The only thing it's that those weapon/ammo won't have ACE configs, so damage calculation and some other minor things won't be 100% acurate

But most of the weapons from RH AK pack could use ACE ammo. Only some rare weapons like Bizon or Groza would need new configs as ACE might not have proper ammo for those rifles. Am I right?

Is this a ACE "feature"? That sucks a lot =/

I cant flying with this greyscale bullshit xD

How can i disable this? ^^

arma2oa%202013-11-19%2018-32-27-76.png

Sorry for the grave digging, but I've recently started playing around in ArmA Gold (I like the super smooth frame-rates and 144hz) and downloaded ACE, but the ACE keys do not work in ArmA Gold.

• The ACE installer did not create an "ace" folder in the "userconfig" folder
  • The following was installed in the "ACE" folder found inside of the "Dta" folder:
    • "backup" folder (empty)
    • ace_clientside_config.hpp
    • ace_keys.hpp
    • ACE_serverconfig.hpp
    • ACE_Tracers.hpp
    • ACE_Tracking.hpp

[*]Other addons in use, aside from @ACE:

• @aceip - ACE Islands Pack
    • @FROMZ - Sound mod
    • @FX - Includes Maddmatt's ArmA Effects mod
    • @Mapfact - Includes MAP Misc objects
    • @opx - Opx roads, misc, buildings, and plants and includes two maps: afghan_village and avgani
    • @Razani - Includes the map Razani and also dropped in the map Sakakah in there
    • @Uhao - Includes the map Uhao

Edited by Phronk

if anybody still has the configs from dta\ace\ folder I would be really happy with them. I had to reinstall windows and lost everything,but copied ACE mod on dvd,and after copy/pasting it it won't work,and it would take too much time to download whole module again,please help.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm looking since days for a complete documentation about A.C.E mod for Arma 1

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ is "under heavy load" and not available.

There's a class list pdf file in the mod folders, but it's actually not complete.

if anyone has a solution, he's welcome :)

Hello,

I've no hope for an answer but i try.

I've be able to do work ACE (ArmA I) with Patch 1.18 (i'll try all version and my question is the same cause it's not a pb of version)

You do a better ArmA in many Way and the most for me is the health system. But this system required equipment like bandages ....

I think you don't have do it but in case i'm wrong, why no official mission, campaign have this medical equipment by default and so it's unplayable.

Just another thing (and in all version of ArmA) there are a bug (Error message appears) in the ArmA first campaign in Dolores Mission. The mission you must bomb and destroy a bridge, kill tank and after assist troop to contain enemies a little more far.

Please help, ExA

1 hour ago, Exaercase said:

Hello,

I've no hope for an answer but i try.

I've be able to do work ACE (ArmA I) with Patch 1.18 (i'll try all version and my question is the same cause it's not a pb of version)

You do a better ArmA in many Way and the most for me is the health system. But this system required equipment like bandages ....

I think you don't have do it but in case i'm wrong, why no official mission, campaign have this medical equipment by default and so it's unplayable.

There is a Xeno Domination (4+) where most of medical equipment is default and usable (medic abilities, bandages, morphines, epinephrines, healing, manual pulling, loading wounded man into a car ...). To check in real time, connect (from 21:00 GMT+4 to 24:00 GMT+4 on working day, whole day in Weekends) to sygsky.no-ip.org:2302. Site to check mission online (in Russian) is red-engineers.ucoz.ru.

Just another thing (and in all version of ArmA) there are a bug (Error message appears) in the ArmA first campaign in Dolores Mission. The mission you must bomb and destroy a bridge, kill tank and after assist troop to contain enemies a little more far.

Don't remember that mission at all((

1 hour ago, Exaercase said:

Please help, ExA