sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I wonder if is OK for ACEmod to have somewhat weapons biased to BLUFOR? Hopefully that won't happen in ArmA II. For example: Russian 5.45 should be closer to the damage of 7.62x39, not to mention that 9x39 is in ACE equal to 5.56 :) can your weapon expert take a look at the values and provide us a reply? Thanks.

p.s. haven't checked 1.07 values yet, so I could be mistaken.

um... carl gustaf issues are back

while playing with it, i noticed, there are no real rocket models in flight and rocket models on the ground(droped) - rockets with shells attached to them.

i was modeling CG for OFP back then, although after few HDD formats i have lost my own carl gustaf's model with all modeled rockets and with rocket models on the ground, now i found some screens made in 2005:

supposed to be HEDP 502 rocket

and unfinished very heavy poly count carl gustaf M3

whole list of CG's ammo(in PDFs)

i used to model those rockets from those schemes.

So I'm asking if these minor things are in ACE team plans?

Why it's so important for me? Because i was playing with CGM3 in military exposition maybe at age 15-17 don't remember, here's the proof:

here's me with teh mighty toy ;)

P.S. actually i was modeling CG twice for ofp, here's the first time i modeled it, the only CG ported to ofp(i think i still have that crappy model,yeah it's still here, such a pitty, lost high poly model with all rockets :():

too much fins on heat 751...

Edited by Gedis

IMPORTANT

Please direct all your bug reports and requested features HERE as you will have a higher chance for someone to have a look over it. (you will need to register over at dev-heaven before being able to report an issue though)

Is the viewdistance set by ace on a dedi-server?

becuz when i change the view distance in my server.ArmAProfile ist not changed(tryed with 500m and 5000m) in the game.(arma 1.16beta with ace 1.07 and warface 1.1.7d map)?

No, ACE doesn't lock viewdistance to any values. But the mission you are playing might (warface 1.1.7d map)

when i fly with an kamow ka-50 i cannot lock on(vikhr-1 missiles) a target(tank) over 1000-1500m or so?

lock is dependent on your view distance as far as i know.

i have tried it, i cannot confirm the behavior you posted.

I wonder if is OK for ACEmod to have somewhat weapons biased to BLUFOR? Hopefully that won't happen in ArmA II. For example: Russian 5.45 should be closer to the damage of 7.62x39, not to mention that 9x39 is in ACE equal to 5.56 can your weapon expert take a look at the values and provide us a reply? Thanks.

I will have a look over, thanks for reporting it.

um... carl gustaf issues are back

while playing with it, i noticed, there are no real rocket models in flight and rocket models on the ground(droped) - rockets with shells attached to them.

What do you mean by carl gustaf issues are back? Is this only happening with latest build (1.07)?

What do you mean by carl gustaf issues are back? Is this only happening with latest build (1.07)?

i ment to say my personal issues with carl gustav in ace...

something like heat551 ammo bug solved and here we go again, mentioning cg...

ironical :)

so do you have carl gustaf rocket models in plans? because now, only heat 751 has a rocket model(m-136 inflight rocket, even when droped on the ground,which is incorrect), all other rockets have no visual models when dropped on the ground.

i ment to say my personal issues with carl gustav in ace...

something like heat551 ammo bug solved and here we go again, mentioning cg...

ironical :)

so do you have carl gustaf rocket models in plans? because now, only heat 751 has a rocket model(m-136 inflight rocket, even when droped on the ground,which is incorrect), all other rockets have no visual models when dropped on the ground.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/ace-mod

At version 1.08, you will find multiple mentions of missing models for Rockets/Magazine and resolved :)

kinda curious when ACE is going to replace the Blufor default bis units.....

What is wrong with them? They're efficient and quite bugfree. I'd rather not have them replaced, since we have so many others to choose from (some of which might be causing problems already).

It would be nice if the ACE team made a Desert Marpat Marine Platoon. Much quicker than individually placing units.

I am kind of curious, why are there no higher quality ARPAT units in ace?

i was under the impression that the IMWM content was now ACE's. for example we see the IMWMs US soldier models in game, but the are in woodland, and not ARPAT. is there some conflict somewhere where ace is not allowed to release them?

sorry if this has already been answered (not in the past 50 pages anyway)

Maybe some addons have been abondaned by their creators before brought to final release stage..If they were ready, I'm sure they'd released them..

Probably they need tweaking or more work. Perhaps we see them and additional stuff after they fix problems with current ones.

The akms models in ace are modeled with an ak74 554x39 cartridge magazine and it should be modeled with an ak 762x39 magazine. The ammo is correct except it does not correspond to the model.

I know some of the creators and I know for a fact that some of them were fully ready.

Perhaps instead of posting about this (yet again), you could try following up with "some of the creators" and the ACE team themselves, and see what the current status is?

You can sit there and say "Such-and-such addon is 'done' but not in" until you're blue in the face. It won't accomplish anything compared to actually communicating with the people who are responsible for putting that sort of stuff into the mod. This topic really isn't the best way to accomplish that sort of communication, either.

What is wrong with them? They're efficient and quite bugfree. I'd rather not have them replaced, since we have so many others to choose from (some of which might be causing problems already).

problems? i havent noticed any problems so far. and becuase the BIS units are boring and plain.

Edited by Kolt

Monty, you may want to look up the meaning of accusations before using them. No flaming can be seen in the quoted post.

Another quick question: I understand how to use the Rucksack feature, but is there any difference between the standard rucks and the Radio ones? Or is it just a placeholder for a future update? Again, great work so far on the mod.

@Simon

Some missions, the creator makes it where players with the radio's can call in Artillery, Air drops, report objectives etc etc. But that is solely mission dependent. As far as I know there is no difference between them in game.

Very nice, probably should play through some proper missions instead of mucking about in the editor. :D

i have been trying to figure out the classname for the ACE buckshot ammo for the M1014. shotguns are not listed in the classname PDF

thanks alot

i have been trying to figure out the classname for the ACE buckshot ammo for the M1014. shotguns are not listed in the classname PDF

thanks alot

Are these the ones:

ACE_M1014

ACE_M1014_Eotech

both eating the "ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Slug" and the "ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Buck00".

ACE_SPAS12

which is eating the whole set of 12 gauge ammos: "ACE_9Rnd_12Ga_Slug", "ACE_9Rnd_12Ga_Buck00", "ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Slug", "ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Buck00"

Is it possible for you (ACE team) to make the backpacks work as in the first beta versions where you dropped a backpack (just drop normally or drop when death hits you) and could just pick it back up with all content still in there? As it is now you pick it up and then you have to pick up all gear that was in it piece by piece. Maybe it has been explained, sorry in that case for bringing it up again. Just wondering as it was so damn nice. Did the new backpack system render it impossible maybe?

Anyway great work guys. Cant live without it.

Alex

Another possible bug: Stinger and Strela missiles don't cause enough damage, as they can't down an RHS Hind, regardless of where the shot is fired from or the speed of the helicopter.

Also, I think the wound system is a bit tough, as enemy troops are regularly getting back up from .50 rounds at long distance, for e.g. an M107 shot measured with the laser rangefinder at 1622m, took 3 rounds to the torso to drop the guy. It should only be 1 I believe.