sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Having a hard time finding the class names for the ACE Invisible Targets. Anyone happen to have that information?

TG-22nd Blackdog1: In that case ACE would weight over couple of gigs :)

I recommend you do what we did: make an addon for ACE mod, that is compatible and uses its features. All you need are new units/vehicles that use ACE configs.

This is exactly what I'd love to see. I'm glad you posted this because now I see your sig. For some reason your banner didn't work for me, but I found the addon pack on these forums anyways. This is great, and I will download it when I get home to check it out.

Addons for ACE are a great idea because niche groups (such as the Slovenian community) can have their own flavor added to the base mod, without bloating it too badly for those that are content with the basic American/Russian units.

ACE doesn't work with widescreen resolutions properly, the HUDs are drawn offset inside (it stays at the proper square ratio, but they don't rest against the sides of the screen anymore.).

Also, not sure if this is intentional (or if I'm missing anything else because of this) but icons (like Board, Gear, etc) that pop up do so at the bottom of the screen, and are cut in half (the rest is drawn below the edge of the screen).

I play at 1680x1050 (16:10 / 8:5)

;1270250']I have another idea... Maybe ACE team (or someone who can do this very good) can do seperate packages with different forces... Then you will have core ACE mod with all (maybe lil' more) what we have now and few downloadable expansions' date=' for example: ACE British Package, ACE ADF Package, ACE Bundeswehr Package and much more... In that case if you want something u have to download it and no one will be complaining about size of core ACE. I hope you will like my idea ;)[/quote']

That will not happen, it has been said before. ACE has not been developed with modular aspect in mind for reasons that have been previously explained

Having Additional units and weapons being made ACE compatible by original or 3rd party developers is the only way you might see other forces units besides the parties provided in ACE.

Besides, basically any addon that is XEH compatible and doesn't break class inheritance tree, should be able to make use of most of the ACE features.

Hi, i have an Problem with ACE mod

I put it yesterday on my Gameserver, and if i start my server with ACE mod it have only Ping Timeout !

Here the Fail:

Start GameCreate attempted to start BTT-ECF by serverline.de. 04/15/2009 12:10:00

Stop GameCreate stopped BTT-ECF by serverline.de. 04/15/2009 12:09:25

Fail Query Failure 04/15/2009 12:09:20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command Line: ArmA_Server.exe -server -config=server2302.cfg -mod=@Afghani;@ACE -netlog -ip=217.114.213.28 -port=2302 -profiles=D:\GameCreate\GameCreate-6294\arma\Profiles -name=default

Server is Running with: 1.15 Beta

Server is Running with: 1.15 Beta

Add beta to the modfolders...

-mod=@Afghani;@ACE;beta

and try again.

Did you install A.C.E. on the server or did you only upload a local @ACE addon folder (then don't forget to add the ACE content in your Dta folder) ?

Xeno

In my ACE_clientside_config in the ACE dta folder my #define ACE_RADIO_ was already on FULL I have no idea why I can't hear any voice commands. Someone please help!

In my ACE_clientside_config in the ACE dta folder my #define ACE_RADIO_ was already on FULL I have no idea why I can't hear any voice commands. Someone please help!

Check your in game sound and make sure that it isn't at 0.

Haha, that's one way of replying. Alrighty then, I'm not quite sure.

Haha, that's one way of replying. Alrighty then, I'm not quite sure.

Well you gotta be thankful that he did not swear you back after being treated as a complete-PC-illeterate-5yr-member ... :D

Sorry for the OT..couldn't help myself

Sorry If I came off that way, it wasn't meant. Just trying to rule out the obvious things you know? I apologize if I came off the way that crawler has stated.

Does lowplants work with ACE? If so, can it be used online as well (public servers)? My "good" old computer isn't quite fond of ACE's extra weight unfortunately, so I'm looking to gain some FPS wherever I can for online and offline play.

Also, is HOME not bindable to ACE's keys? Can't find it in the ace_keys.hpp.

edit: Searched around and it seems lowplants works with ACE. Will it work online though?

Edited by maxter

I've got an odd question.

I have ACE installed, and love it, but it seems to make it nearly impossible to play missions and campaigns where you are supposed to fly a Cobra.

Unless I'm missing something, I no longer have any armament accessible to the pilot but FFARs. I can tell the gunner to fire, but can't assign a target without using the radio. I also can't seem to tell him to use hellfires (if they are even loaded).

This makes it hard, since in single player these gunners are usually AIs.

Am I missing something?

Hi guys - hoping someone can help me with an ACE mod problem. I simply cant figure out how to run the thing. i downloaded latest arma off of Steam, then downloaded the full version of ACE (780 mb) then downloaded the ACE 1.6 patch. When i run arma from the shortcut the says something like "run arma with ACE mod" it looks and seems just like normal arma - NOTHING is differnt. If i go into multiplayer all I can access are 1.08 games, everything else has a red X (screen shot attached) Im pretty versed in computers and mods/addons but just cant figure this one out. Any help yall can give me would be greatly appricated. Comp specs belowi as well if that helps

ASUS MOBO of some sort -twin 9800gt's - AMD phenom 9950quad - 8 gigs coirsair -Vista Home 64bit

thanks guys Im really itching to try this out!!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2092/arma.jpg

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Image over 100kb

There are several updates to Original ArmA...Its up to 1.15 now.

I trus you are VERRY new to the community aswell. My

suggestion is to check the BI news section and BI general

section. Your problem doesnt have anything to do with ACE.

I've got an odd question.

I have ACE installed, and love it, but it seems to make it nearly impossible to play missions and campaigns where you are supposed to fly a Cobra.

Unless I'm missing something, I no longer have any armament accessible to the pilot but FFARs. I can tell the gunner to fire, but can't assign a target without using the radio. I also can't seem to tell him to use hellfires (if they are even loaded).

This makes it hard, since in single player these gunners are usually AIs.

Am I missing something?

spacebar+f ?

Munny, as Andersson said you'll have to install several updates for ACE. I think 1.02 is a full install, then you'll have to update to 1.03, 1.04, 1.05 and finally 1.06. Before you do this you might want to update ArmA itself, first to 1.14 and then to 1.15 beta. This is what the version numbers in the server list is referring to. I suggest uninstalling your current ACE, then update ArmA, then install and update ACE all the way to 1.6. That way the automated shortcuts for ACE should be valid and everything should work as it should.

edit: Yeah, sparks50 seems to be right, 1.05 full + 1.06 update should be sufficient. Nice find.

Edited by maxter

i cant wait to see what the next update has in store :bounce3:

spacebar+f ?

That could be part of it, I never tried that.

Although, I placed a Cobra in the editor, and when I went onboard, it had no hellfires.

Er, why?

Ahh ok thanks guys, I was expecting steam to have the very latest version, thats why I was confused. Seems they may be getting lazy over at valve:)

Thanks all and hope to see you on the virtual battlefield

I played one of my missions with ACE last night and noticed that the .45 ACP bullets are pretty weak.

I used the M1911 and shot a guy in the head from 2 or 3m distance and all that came out was "ouch" while the guy should be dead before he hits the ground. But no he's walking around complaining that he's injured... :rolleyes:

I played one of my missions with ACE last night and noticed that the .45 ACP bullets are pretty weak.

I used the M1911 and shot a guy in the head from 2 or 3m distance and all that came out was "ouch" while the guy should be dead before he hits the ground. But no he's walking around complaining that he's injured... :rolleyes:

Disable "extra armor" in the difficulty settings.... this breaks with ACE wounding system otherwise ;):)