sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Thank you IceBreakr.

Are there any from Warfare 1.2 which I believe is the most recent Warfare?

As far as I know there's never been an update to the basic Warfare release.

There was an update from version 1.0 to 1.1 but thats the only official update that i know of wink_o.gif

Noticed i can see what another unit has in his backpack. Added gear to a unit (player - me) into a backpack. Now if i add another unit on the map and set him to "player" i can see the backpacked gear in the backpack window (even though this new unit doesnt have a backpack. Im seeing the first units gear).

Noticed i can unpack bandages but not mags or smoke. Dont know what happens to the unit with the backpack when i unpack things for him. But it is a problem.

Alex

Hello,

I don't know if this has been addressed, but is there a way to shorten the weapon lengths? Clearing a stairwell in the stock BIS apartments is pretty much impossible. ~Thanks

There was an addon dealing with this issue released some months ago, but I cant remember the name of it smile_o.gif

Will the friendly AI help you out if your incapacitated? Haven't played in some time, loved the Mod but this was a major problem.

Is it possible to create a claymore in the editor. I'd quite like to have some boobytrapped areas in a mission I'm creating.

Will the friendly AI help you out if your incapacitated? Haven't played in some time, loved the Mod but this was a major problem.

I have seen the enemy AI do it, so possibly your friendly AI will do it to you aswell.

Does anyone know how to make the enemy AI stay exactly where they are when using ACE? I have tried HOLD waypoints and I have tried putting doStop this in their initialization. They always move once the fighting starts, they sometimes walk right through walls. So if you want to raid a building, by the time you get there, they have all left. Any help is appreciated.

To start with, this is an awesome mod/compilation. Best Arma gameplay yet!

Possibly a stupid question though, are the BLUFOR US Army Infantry and Rangers supposed to look exactly like the BIS default ones, or am I experiencing some kind of glitch? There's other units that are displaying just BIS default models, like most of the independent side infantry units. Weapons are different, but models are BIS vanilla. :confused:

From the information I'd found, I was under the impression these had been replaced, which would mean I was getting some kind of glitch, but I'd like to know for sure.

Cheers

well, i think it depends on wether or not the mission uses bis or ace units ;)

if you fire up the editor, and places a couple of ace units, does they look different? take a screenshot, and then fire upp a bis mission, and take a screenshot there, and then compare those.

reading your post again, it might seems like you are using the editor allready, is that right?

Yeah some of the BLUFOR soldiers still look the same as the vanilla BIS units. As far as I've read it's only a temporary solution until ACE team can get their units/models ready for the mod. Those units are just placeholders for the moment. This was stated earlier in the thread a few times but I'm not completely positive that is still the case. I'm just assuming since I don't recall reading other wise, that the team still plans on adding their units at a future date. Until one of the more recent patches, the Russian units were just vanilla BIS SLA units as well.

When my weapon jams, I can't unjam it because all my ammo dissapears... Anyone else have had this happen? I run ACE, Vopsound, JTD and properplants.

When my weapon jams, I can't unjam it because all my ammo dissapears... Anyone else have had this happen? I run ACE, Vopsound, JTD and properplants.

Yup, thanks for bringing this up. I forgot all about it.

I just had this same thing happen last weekend while I was playing Fly like an Eagle HWM + ACE version. I had an ACE AK jam and next thing I know I couldn't fix it and all 5 clips I had disappeared. I can't confirm this but I believe the clips disappeared when i hit the "un-jam" key. (Just before I had to fire I was pilfering some ammo from a dead man.)

I'm also using JTD and properplants as well as a bunch of other Mods/AddOns.

Cheers Noraf & Manzilla for clearing that up. :)

Those new Russian units do look awesome. Time for more Arma I guess.

:D

Regarding the issue with the Replacements, I know for a fact that the Medics stay as vanilla units. There is a fix, if you have the opportunity to edit / modify the replacement file.

You must change the call from SoldierWMedic to ACE_SoldierWMedic

It's also good to have "ACE_Config_Men" in the replacement-files RequiredAddons to make sure it's loaded after ACE and really overrides it.

I installed 1.06 hotfix after 1.05 full install.

Are you aware that the current version is 1.14 / 1.15 Beta?

1.06 is totally outdated version. ;)

Are you aware that the current version is 1.14 / 1.15 Beta?

1.06 is totally outdated version. ;)

I think he was talking about the 1.06 fix for A.C.E., not ArmA.

I think he was talking about the 1.06 fix for A.C.E., not ArmA.

... Well I think that's what you get from not following ACE development.

Disregard what I said please. :j:

... Well I think that's what you get from not following ACE development.

Disregard what I said please. :j:

I don't follow it that close either, I just thought it was preposterous for anyone with an internet connection to be running ArmA on any version lower than 1.08. :icon_razz: