sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

72 @ Mar. 19 2009,21:57)]Sway is a bit much still in crouch. Resting the weapon should eliminate sway completelly (very little as it is so its not too bad, but still).

I really don't mind the sway that much. Sure you spend a lot of ammo, but if AI suffers from sway as well and hit less, it prolongs the firefights and the fun in the end.

No, with regular rifles there should be sway, even in prone. Otherwise we would all be sureshots. Marksmen rifles could have less, sniper even less. Maybe the M107 could go even better and reduce its dispersion, maybe even lower dispersion for HEAPI. Some sources claim the HEAPI to have better ballistics/accuracy than ball.

Steal a UAZ, place it in defence, blow it up, wait to cooldown, 'instant' weapon rest in knee position smile_o.gif

The new forums at Dev Heaven are good BUT they don't allow you to vote for features you would like to see.....

For instance integration of FFN AI activity into ACE would really make ACE amazing. I would like to be able to vote for the feature.

[TAO] Kremator

Just passing by to say to you two things!

GREAT WORK!

CONTINUE WITH IT!

notworthy.gif

It's really a great mod and in multiplayer is just a new level. I hope you guys continue the great work you've done so far.

Congrats.

Best regards to all.

PS: I forgot to ask something. I saw somewhere that the helos had a some kind of FLIR imaging but I don't see that anymore. That was great, it really seemed the cobra optics. But now I don't see it anymore. What happen?

I posted this in the ACE Forum but thought I would post here too.  Hopefully this is not a No no on my part.

I was pinned down , the dead all around me and would have loved to have put my M249 on a body and just started to rock.  

Or rest it on your team mate across the small of his back lining up a sniper shot so you don't have the grass blocking your field of view.

Is that even possible?

Also I noticed that the low roof top kneehigh wall that must only be about 12-15 inches high is too low to rest a weapon on but high enough to block line of sight.  On ACE SARA BTW

b1cdf830411503.gif

Can anything be done with the height at which you can rest weapons at?  The roof top I spoke of above is basically a pop up, shoot,and pop back down. Or be shot because you have to kneel and you are a sitting duck.

Thanks

Have had more CTD's with ACE. Haven't had a CTD ever in ArmA except with the VOIP back in the days. Happened with 1.05 or 1.06. Didnt play 1.05 more than some minutes. Gonna re-create and ticket it (cleared the RPT...). Happened in Afghan Village this time - have never had a crash there.

I too noticed that I couldn't post in the ACE forums, that's why I posted here. I'll go and join the new reporting page.

im still getting the melting face bug.. sad_o.gif

Are you running with the -noworld parameter? That is known to cause problems.

Can you explain the -noworld bug? I have not heard of that one and I have been running that option since ArmA day one.

I can't explain it but I've never seen it either. Just click "Print this topic" and do a search for -noworld for more info. I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it here a bunch of times in the past.

Not sure about this either but I believe it's an MP issue as well. Who knows though, again I've never seen the "melted faces". thumbs-up.gif

Why can I not reach the ACE pages, nor the wiki?

new site. read 1st post

Is there a key command list anywhere? I can't find any. The mod is really getting complete and with a lot of features so I think a manual should be made, this is just an idea. That or some wikipedia like manual.

Regards.

i wish people would stop asking me that stupid question.

A: i dont know what that is

B: no its not in my addon line

C: i dont know who would put that on there anyway...

Is there a key command list anywhere? I can't find any. The mod is really getting complete and with a lot of features so I think a manual should be made, this is just an idea. That or some wikipedia like manual.

Regards.

Folks asked to help out on the Wiki and as far as I know that's never been acted on which is a shame.

I like the implementation of the new featurer that allows you to load unconcious soldiers into vehicles! Verry intuitive.

Hopefully the feature can soon be used for all kind of bodys, including the dead.

This would give missions an interesting twist. You could make it a mission objective that you have to bring all your men home.

Nice work!

Hopefully the feature can soon be used for all kind of bodys, including the dead.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon because of arma limits..It shouldn't be such a big deal though if you ask me..

The old ACEMod site is atm fully down, which was never intended, since there are parts not ported yet, aswell as the announcement was handy. We hope the hosters fix it up soon.

@Documentation;

All our features were mostly documented in our Wiki, which is down at this moment.

When it's back up, we intend to port the data. When it is ported, we could setup a Ticket for the Documentation, and have ppl sign up to support us with it.

@Voting on Tickets;

The feature might pop up sometime soon.

Due to difficulties in simulating the sway properly my suggestion is to leave the range of the sway (how far it moves left, right, up and down), but slow the sway speed down a little bit. Feels like your shaking as it is now. Hard to even use MIL dots in the binos when trying to determin range.

Prone turn speed would also be better if it was just a bit faster. Just a bit. Not much. Again, due to that in real life you can turn 90 degrees much faster than now. Even when pressing a move button plus moving mouse.

I think both this changes would enhance the gameplay and make it closer to reality. I know i have been nagging about these two things over and over, but i do it as i think i have a point with the nagging. smile_o.gif And i hear many others that would think this would be a bit better.

Keep up the awesome work.

Alex

Very much it would be desirable to see the facilitated / easy version ACE,

Without new the soldier, weapon and military machines, only effects, sounds and configurations.:)

Hello I'm not too sure as to whom this should be addressed to, but in regards to the AI gunner bug I have stumbled upon a solution that seems to work just fine, they engage per normal, I'm not sure if any member of the team has tried this method but I'd like to get in contact with the relevant persons for discussion and perhaps (if it's a suitable solution) be implemented in a future patch?.

Many thanks and kind regards

Extremeus Decimus

Hello I'm not too sure as to whom this should be addressed to, but in regards to the AI gunner bug I have stumbled upon a solution that seems to work just fine, they engage per normal, I'm not sure if any member of the team has tried this method but I'd like to get in contact with the relevant persons for discussion and perhaps (if it's a suitable solution) be implemented in a future patch?.

Many thanks and kind regards

Extremeus Decimus

Please feel free to join in the ongoing ticket tracking over at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod/issues

Hello all!

Fisrt of let me say I love the ACE mod, the best one out there I think. But one thing does bother me about it, ever since the first update to v1.01, my FPS has been going down the drain! When previously I had about 25-30fps with Fraps running, I mean of course it was recording my gameplay, now with v1.06 I have less than 15fps on ramadhi, with only 4 squads on the map and NOTHING else running, no fraps, no msn, nothing... Is it just me or does someone else have this problem? I love ACE but with that kind of fps I can't play online anymore which is a real shame. If anyone has a solution please answer.

Thanks,

Vlad