sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

The PBO was intentionally removed, however, there was a mix-up and the pbo was still being checked.

We will release a small hotfix in the next hours.

There is no reason to quit downloading 1.05.

1.06 Hotfix will be available as a few MB patch.

Perfect! Thanks for that clearification!

The PBO was intentionally removed, however, there was a mix-up and the pbo was still being checked.

We will release a small hotfix in the next hours.

There is no reason to quit downloading 1.05.

1.06 Hotfix will be available as a few MB patch.

Perfect! Thanks for that clearification!

Yeah Gol Server is running now and we can connect

Thanks for the new mod, and that serverside quickfix. a bit of panic with the blackscreen there.

looking forward to AI gunners that will engage now.

regards./

As a workaround for the missing pbo problem server admins can open dta\ace\ace_serverconfig.hpp and change exclude_pbos[] = {}  to exclude_pbos[] = {"ace_sys_respawn"} or disable the check altogether (check_pbos = 0).

Thanks for updating ACE Mod.

Who has decided to make those unrealistic round and "magic" special muzzle effects? Looks like big fireflys (on caffein) flying out of the barrel or did this guy played lately too many MMORPGs biggrin_o.gif

Its overdone and would be nice if there were options to enable/disable extra fx (not the default ones).

from the ver 1.05 changelog:

Quote[/b] ]*** Increased damage caused by anti-tank mines (by KingHomer) [Rocko]

i'm sorry to say that tanks still go over the mines like they were mushrooms , you need around ten mines to stop a tank

Its not in the change log so I thought I should let people know that you can now load unconscious units onto vehicles.

All you need to do is to drag an unconscious unit within 5 metres of a vehicle with empty cargo slots and an action should appear to load unconscious.  Once they are loaded you can then pull-out their body by using the "pull-out" action when you are near the vehicle.

There is a limitation to this system that results from the way ArmA handles dead bodies - if a unit dies while loaded on a vehicle the pull-out action may no longer appear and the only way you can then remove the body is by getting into the cargo position that the dead unit is currently occupying.

Its not in the change log so I thought I should let people know that you can now load unconscious units onto vehicles.

All you need to do is to drag an unconscious unit within 5 metres of a vehicle with empty cargo slots and an action should appear to load unconscious.  Once they are loaded you can then pull-out their body by using the "pull-out" action when you are near the vehicle.

There is a limitation to this system that results from the way ArmA handles dead bodies - if a unit dies while loaded on a vehicle the pull-out action may no longer appear and the only way you can then remove the body is by getting into the cargo position that the dead unit is currently occupying.

LOL thats crazyness! rofl.gif

The one thing ppl wanted and it got forgot to be put in change-log!

Thanks Norrin! smile_o.gif

Hey all, I tried contacting the ACE team, but between the new patch and the fix to be released I figured their hands are going to be tied up for awhile.

I was hoping that someone could message me and help me out on figuring out how to get "outside" weapons working with ACE's ruck system?

I printed out the part from the wiki, but I'm still really struggling understanding some of this stuff and how to do it exactly (they gave a G36 as an example which is already in, not an outside weapon not already in ACE/ArmA). So if anyone could help me out I would reeeaaallly appreciate it big time--especially seeing as I'm on the verge of cracking my skull open from banging my head on the desk in frustration repeatedly. banghead.gifsad_o.gif

Hotfix v1.06 (72 MB):

Fixes problems with ace_sys_missiles, ace_sys_respawn, tracers, and some more (See Changelog).

Changelog

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Changelog#v1.06

Download

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....se_1.06

We are working on solutions for our site down-time during high-traffic, aswell as spreading the load.

Mirrors can be overloaded atm, please be patient.

More Mirrors very welcome!

The 6th.Sense - Mirror won't let me download the hotfix, it keeps asking me for authentification: Username and Password.

The 6th.Sense - Mirror won't let me download the hotfix, it keeps asking me for authentification: Username and Password.

Try armaholic.com instead.

If the server hasnt applied the hotfix i will get a bunch of addons not signed notify right? (when i try to join a 1.05 wihout HOTFIX).

Alex

ok, when installing the hotfix, i got 6-7 error msgs.

it said it could not open some pbo file and could not copy them. it asked if i either wanted to retry or ignore..

im guessing it's not what it should be doing.

Hi, since 1.05 someone in the process of editing the stringtable in ACE managed to save it without special symbols, so the czech language got really messed up :S

Can you please direct me where the stringtable is located? Since i didnt like the czech translation anyway (no offence). I want to change it to be english for me. Thanks

@Dynamax:

Do you mean this?

ACE.jpg

If its that im guessing (really guessing here) you maybe try to join a ACE 1.05 server that hasnt run the 1.06 HOTFIX? I tried to join without the weaponsway (still too much at middle pos) and that was the only "error" i got. When i didnt have the sway file anymore i had to download 1.05 from scratch. And i applied the 1.06 as well and after that i got that message in the pic. So im guessing that server didnt have the HOTFIX installed.

Alex

Hey,

Nice update ! but imo the muzzle sparks wasn't required and doesn't even look close to the real thing.

I don't understand what this thing add to the game beside an annoyment.

Hey,

Nice update ! but imo the muzzle sparks wasn't required and doesn't even look close to the real thing.

I don't understand what this thing add to the game beside an annoyment.

It has been removed in 1.06.

ok, when installing the hotfix, i got 6-7 error msgs.

it said it could not open some pbo file and could not copy them. it asked if i either wanted to retry or ignore..

im guessing it's not what it should be doing.

I got this same message with v1.05 update(not full version) DL'd from ArmAholic.com. Then I just DL'd the full version and had no troubles. The first error message I remember had to do with the SF_SCAR.pbo but I don't remember the rest. It happened during installation of the update.

You Ace guys are fantastic and responsive and ACE is just F#$king awesome.

Thanks.

Downloadin 1.05 and 06. as I type.

AS for how many patches?

Keep the patching coming.

I love all the fixes and addons you guys keep putting in.  

It is only getting better.

Styxx42

well i guess i'll try to reinstall ACE from the start.

and no i didnt get any error msgs in-game, i got them during the install of the hotfix.