sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

72 @ Feb. 21 2009,21:08)]@ usmc123

Are you sure the people you tried to give medics to didnt need Ephedrine? I had the same feeling as you and noted that some needed that to get back on their feet. Until you give em that you can bandage and inject morphine forever (wont lose any from inv though). Examine and be sure to see what they need.

/Alex

That may be the issue, I didn't know you could keep injecting morphine, but what about bandages? I don't seem to lose those when I use them on people. It seems like after I apply something, the same message pops up after examining them. I've even injected Ephedrine once on a person that needed it, but the status didn't change. I'll test it again today.

About the JAM system...The most realistic way would be

nr of used mags.

You can fire 8-12 mags with an AK4 without any jam.

The more dirt/powderresidue in the magcompartment and

barrel the more risk for jam.

So the system would be:

1-10 mags 5% risk

10-15 mags 10% risk

15 mags and up 50% risk

But then we would need a cleaning system whistle.gif

After 10mags you need to clean the weapon  pistols.gif

Or suffer the risk of a jam in the middle of a firefight.

Wow I never thought of a cleaning system but that would be an excellent addition. I'm not quite sure how that would be done but it's a hum-dinger of an idea nonetheless. pistols.gif (This little bastard is in need of a good cleaning of the right hand pistol.)

Why are you replacing the Bradley? They are one the most important Weapons in the Arsenal of the U.S Armed Forces, replacing them is just unrealistic!

I am a extensive studier of the U.S Military Arsenal, As far as I know there is no suitable replacement for the Bradley in service with any of the branches.

They aren't replacing the Bradley with another vehicle, they had some "copyright issues" with it being Vilas' Bradley. They replace Vilas Bradley with another Bradley.

Oh sorry I misunderstood.

on another note.

is ACE going to add other countries into the Mod. such as

in later updates

Germany

United Kingdom

France

Iran?

New Iraq Army -up to 2008-09

or possibly replacing the US army basic ARMA skins for somting new in later updates?

possibly?

Yeah it would be great if you would replace the US army basic ARMA skins you use now with those unit you see on those early IMWM screens. The 2003 us army style with 3-color desert bdu's

Lennard.

Few wishes:

New Gear GUI! Make a list of only the base weapons, then add "gadget" droplist/box/whatever where you can choose the available mods for this gun, and judging by those selections it will give you the right gun!

LowPlants or similiar would be good to have cos of the signature issues.

Modern units with M110 / SCAR / HK41x family weapons.

All weapons animated, those which are, are gorgeous.

Dragging to vehicles

Ability to measure wind..? Spotter having something meaningful to do other than just measuring range!

Not trying to be a nitpick here but the editor could use some love, say an editor addon with buildings/roads/vegs/etc named with some sense!

And im propably getting shot for this but would love to have them editor names/groups cleaned up and made so that you can see what unit it actually is in the MP pool..

ACE Men (Desert) - USMC Automatic Rifleman

ACE Men (Woodland) - Ranger Designated Marksman

etc

Instead of "ACESPECIALDESERFORCEWTFBBQUNITGROUP" - "Rifleman"

And while im at the weapons box i notice..

"SCAR L" Has EOTECH on it?

SCAR H is missing, only CQB version seems to be available?

UMP45 has MP5 description.

Oh snap, there was an edit button even i didnt find it at first try band.gif

one thing about the anti tank mines in ACE mod , i think they should be named anti butterflies mines or firecrackers , still haven't found out how many of these firecrackers are needed to stop a M1A1 or a t72.

one thing about the anti tank mines in ACE mod , i think they should be named anti butterflies mines or firecrackers , still haven't found out how many of these firecrackers are needed to stop a M1A1 or a t72.

Yes that is unfortunately true ... it takes a minimum of 4 at mines to stop a T72 and 5 to 6 to blow him up ...

In the weapons and magazine description field, how about adding real world price information? I think many players fail to see the 'cost' of grabbing ten Javelin missiles just because the mission designers let them. Or the designer fails to see it smile_o.gif

I have a gut feeling that in the real world, it is not up to the weapon operator alone to pick up and use such a weapon system at will, mostly due to price considerations.

Also, it allows a mission designer to make a system where you are forced to stay within a bugdet, rather easily, without having to lookup everything.

What does others thing, would it be worth the effort at all, or just a waste of time?

guess I should post this here as I cannot find it discussed anywhere else.

Why can I only fire rockets as a pilot in the AHZ when selecting manual fire? Before ACE it was possible to fire canons, rockets and hellfires, now I can only fire rockets ?

Any chance we can have this back, as trying to control an ai gunner to fire as wanted is just too painful and random.

Thanks

JAS

Anyone know if it's possible to get the laser to show degrees instead of mils ?

I mean, for all missions, I know it's possible for mission makers to set it up with the original spoon laser.

If it's not possible, i'd love for it to be implemented in a upcomming update wink_o.gif ( put it in the client side config perhaps? )

Cheers Aushilfe ... guess I should read the manual a little more smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Why can I only fire rockets...

check the manual. I think its some keybind that allows you to switch weapons.

Aushilfe @ Feb. 23 2009,19:42)]Press "R" to toggle the modes on the laser/bino.

Great, thanks, didn't know about this.

Anyway to get rid of the laser marker indicator on the map? Not excactly realistic if you ask me.

Whats with the whole unconscious thing? It's very unrealistic especially when your in a bullet proof jet or helicopter and ak74 rounds and just going straight through it knocking you unconscious with the first hit...even when your on the ground it only takes 1-2 hits for you go to instantly unconscious(very unrealistic it should be over time that you go unconscious) but takes 3+ for enemy's.

It's very unrealistic especially when your in a bullet proof jet or helicopter and ak74 rounds and just going straight through it

Holy crap! Jets and helicopters are bulletproof?! I suppose the governments of the world could save a ton of money by not bothering to install machine guns on their interceptors now, since jets and helicopters are bulletproof.

rofl.gif

It's very unrealistic especially when your in a bullet proof jet or helicopter and ak74 rounds and just going straight through it

Holy crap!  Jets and helicopters are bulletproof?!  I suppose the governments of the world could save a ton of money by not bothering to install machine guns on their interceptors now, since jets and helicopters are bulletproof.

rofl.gif

I don't know about you but i have never seen an ak74 round go through several inches of cockpit glass and knock the pilot unconscious...would be a real feat then again the bullets don't even have the hit the pilot they can be shooting a wing or the engines and it will still knock the pilot unconscious...how about you post something constructive or go run around like a kid insulting people somewhere else.

Armchair time! biggrin_o.gif

Apache's, for example, are "designed" to take rounds at less-critical areas, but have tough kevlar around the pilots. Having read Ed Macy's Apache, it seems pilots acknowledge this when there's a risk of taking fire and prefer not to expose themselves through the less armoured cockpit windows.

So at least helicopters are often armoured around critical areas.

Holy crap!  Jets and helicopters are bulletproof?!  I suppose the governments of the world could save a ton of money by not bothering to install machine guns on their interceptors now, since jets and helicopters are bulletproof.

rofl.gif

I don't know about you but i have never seen an ak74 round go through several inches of cockpit glass and knock the pilot unconscious...would be a real feat then again the bullets don't even have the hit the pilot they can be shooting a wing or the engines and it will still knock the pilot unconscious...how about you post something constructive or go run around like a kid insulting people somewhere else.

Mate, I'm not going to bog down the ACE thread and derail things.  I'm just going to point out that in no time did I or anyone else insult you.  Shooting a plane with an AK should be an incredible feat in and of itself, unless the plane is essentially 10 feet off the ground (which would again be a pretty incredible feat).

I was joking because I thought the idea of a "bullet proof" jet or helicopter would be hilarious.  I mean, a 5.56 bullet can pass right through a helicopter, and I believe that round is also used in many machine guns equipped on jets as well.  So it makes sense that it would damage the vehicle.  As to whether or not it's a bug....  well, I'll leave that to the experts to decide.

As to something constructive...  gee, check out the Mission Editing forum sometime.  I've been constructive and helped out people with problems.  I don't always have the solution, but then no one does.  So please don't condescend to me.

Instead, we see that 2 of your vast 7 posts on these forums are defensive and aggressive, telling the ACE team that this that and the other are "unrealistic" and being sardonic with rhetorical questions.

@Namikaze

Quote[/b] ]I mean, a 5.56 bullet can pass right through a helicopter

This is not correct. When I was deployed to Iraq we installed armor plates in the cabin and cockpit floors as well as in the pilot's doors. This is something that has been done for a long time in combat. They used to use these kevlar "blankets" and lay them in the floor of the aircraft. Sandbags have even been used in the floors of aircraft and ground vehicles. There is also an armor piece next to the pilot's seat that can be slid forward and provides some protection. I've posted a picture of it below.

EXAMPLE PIC

While I agree 100% that pilots and crew are shot and wounded way to easily by small arms fire, I don't think its an ACE issue. Regular ArmA is the same way. I have been shot out of the cockpits of many aircraft long before ACE was around.

5,56mm Machine Guns are not very common on aircraft, because its small and doesnt do much damage to aircraft. Mostly 7,62mm MG's are installed on helicopters. But in modern planes there is no place for a MG. They use cannons now, with 20mm bullets and up. 5,56mm has not a effective fighting distance,too.