sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

i'll check that ECS option , din't notice it existed ,there are so many... biggrin_o.gif

thanks

i'll check that ECS option , din't notice it existed ,there are so many...  biggrin_o.gif

thanks

It's ECS_public13[]. It's set to True by default I believe.

Hi, i have a problem. I tride to edit the ace_clitenside_config.hpp, after i did that my game will not start(only when i start ace). I tried to reinstall arma and ace.

I run

Windows vista ulti. 64

arma 1,14

ace 1,04

Hi, i have a problem. I tride to edit the ace_clitenside_config.hpp, after i did that my game will not start(only when i start ace). I tried to reinstall arma and ace.

I run

Windows vista ulti. 64

arma 1,14

ace 1,04

This happened to me quite a few times as well - although I couldn't (at the time) reproduce the 'actual' problem.

It was like the clientside config was getting corrupted after being edited (notepad) - although there were no visible problems in the file itself.

A simple fix is to use the ace_clientside_config from the 'backup' folder in the same directory.

Jams still don't work... we fired over than 20 mags of fullauto on M4s and they still work like a charm *gulp*.

I have experienced jam with ACE two or three times now, but not sure with which version(s). I had no obvious problems with magazines then. You just hit reload until it is fixed iirc. If magazines go missing I think this might be part of the hack/simulation to make jams possible.

If what you are discussing is 1.04 related only, then I have no opinion. Not sure if I have experienced a jam yet with 1.04. I'm just extremely thankful they are a lot more uncommon than in ECS which had it way too frequent (at default) for my taste at least.

Jams still don't work... we fired over than 20 mags of fullauto on M4s and they still work like a charm *gulp*.

I think its purely a % thing if it jams or not?

Sometimes i/we go hrs and hrs without a jam-then 1-2 in a few minutes.

But they do work. smile_o.gif

I was just test firing and after about half a mag of G36 down range on full auto I was jammed.

Yeah, I didn't think that weapon jamming had been implemented until I had three stoppages in a row. It's just luck of the draw.

Yeah I was using just beta, QG and the latest ACE and eventhandlers that were released a few days ago. Jams are rare--that's not the problem, at least for me--but when I try reloading I can't because all the mags in the normal slots are gone....all of them. I thought they somehow fell out and on the ground, but nope...they just.....went bye bye. tounge2.gif

I suspect they are removed from inventory by the jamming script. Once the jam is cleared you should get them back, at least I did. Maybe -1 mag unless they've figured out a way to give back the proper bulletcount, never been able to do this myself though.

I think I just hit the 'R' Reload key to fix the jam. If your system was bugged, could it be a keybind thing?

@ACE:

Is there a way to disable the new multiple weapon loadout system from a mission? Or better yet, allow it only to certain player slots? I like having the option, but not being 'hardcoded' (if it is).

I mean, currently we see 'everyone' running around with two weapons just because they can. But it's not realistic. I also wouldn't be too happy with the addon dictating what unit classes had this option, if this was the way to go. It should be determined by mission designer.

the AT soldiers have a terrible aiming , they wouldn't hit an elephant at two meters , it added to the fact that they only carry one magazine for the m136 and that they engage armored vehicles at 500 meters ( to the point for example that they aim to a shilka in front of them and when they shot a chicken falls from the sky , so bad is their aiming) break many missions sad_o.gif

Maybe this is just me, and maybe this has been posted but is the Medical System flawed? I tried being corpsman for a mission and I couldn't help anyone. I would press the button to apply bandages, give morphine, etc but it does the animation but I never actually apply the medication and their condition remains the same. I can still apply bandages to myself though. Help appreciated.

PS. Is there a way to drag injured or dead into vehicles?

PS. Is there a way to drag injured or dead into vehicles?

Afaik-we're still awaiting for this feature to be added. smile_o.gif

I used the M240 with optics and i dropped the M240 using my M1911, i just for the fun of it used ctrl+f to change the optics, well on the M1911 theres none but instead my viewport got changed to the holster or somewhere near the dropped m240. only when i was far enough this didnt happen.

I experience jams always with my automatic rifles, ie M249 and M240... i jam them quite often, unfortunately...

In SLX Mod you had to be driver of the vehicle and look at the dragged/wounded to load him/her into your vehicle... i would have tested it in ACE, but im on an ARMaless Computer right now.

I experience jams always with my automatic rifles, ie M249 and M240... i jam them quite often, unfortunately...

try not to go prone just as much...cleaner you keep them, less they will jam...or just pick rocks or grass ground to deploy them

tounge2.gif   biggrin_o.gif   rofl.gif

I mean, currently we see 'everyone' running around with two weapons just because they can. But it's not realistic. I also wouldn't be too happy with the addon dictating what unit classes had this option, if this was the way to go. It should be determined by mission designer.

Perhabs some peopel removed Stamina. It should not be possible to "run around" with two primary weapons just like that, unless people are cheating or the stamina system is not restrictive enougth.

The weight of second weapon is counted into stamina system, so people should be able to carry two weapons if and only if they could do the same IRL in this situation.

I disagree. This is a choice of the mission designer. If he doesn't want multiple weapons in his mission because it feels like an exploit it is his choice.

Having multiple weapons is not the norm in real life even though you might be capable of carrying it. But it has become it now. I for one never saw a different weapon than my own (conscripted, no combat naturally).

For those who strive for realism, restricting access is a big point. I may let my paratrooper *choose* his weapon for a particular mission because I'm a nice guy not making it too cumbersome, but I don't want him to carry both because its so damned convenient. Might as well give unlimited artillery access for every mission then if you ask me.

Edit:

Sorry, I misread you a bit. Getting tired I guess smile_o.gif Coming to think of it, I guess I can monitor player at certain places (base area and/or certain classes/slots) for an attempt at such 'exploit' and simply strip him from him with a warning message. Once in the field I might allow it tho, since my field crates only carries ammunition, no weapons.

Why are you replacing the Bradley? They are one the most important Weapons in the Arsenal of the U.S Armed Forces, replacing them is just unrealistic!

I am a extensive studier of the U.S Military Arsenal, As far as I know there is no suitable replacement for the Bradley in service with any of the branches.

Why are you replacing the Bradley? They are one the most important Weapons in the Arsenal of the U.S Armed Forces, replacing them is just unrealistic!

I am a extensive studier of the U.S Military Arsenal, As far as I know there is no suitable replacement for the Bradley in service with any of the branches.

They aren't replacing the Bradley with another vehicle, they had some "copyright issues" with it being Vilas' Bradley. They replace Vilas Bradley with another Bradley.

@ usmc123

Are you sure the people you tried to give medics to didnt need Ephedrine? I had the same feeling as you and noted that some needed that to get back on their feet. Until you give em that you can bandage and inject morphine forever (wont lose any from inv though). Examine and be sure to see what they need.

/Alex

About the JAM system...The most realistic way would be

nr of used mags.

You can fire 8-12 mags with an AK4 without any jam.

The more dirt/powderresidue in the magcompartment and

barrel the more risk for jam.

So the system would be:

1-10 mags 5% risk

10-15 mags 10% risk

15 mags and up 50% risk

But then we would need a cleaning system whistle.gif

After 10mags you need to clean the weapon pistols.gif

Or suffer the risk of a jam in the middle of a firefight.

Yeah, don't go there.

Having the jams fairly random, so that sod's law applies and you don't get a jam all day on the range until your run up the Taliban's arse is what it's all about. I wouldn't get any more complex than that.

And have some weapons more likely to jam than others (cough, M4s).  smile_o.gif