sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Can't say how much I love this mod - just when ARMA was feeling a little stale ACE has really put the life back into it.... thank you!

One request - the AI can still see through fallen trees, giving them an irritating advantage - any plans to block their X-ray vision? I think their was some 'view block' script for the AI a while back, any chance of incorporating it into your next excellent release?  xmas_o.gif

I'd love to see a nice, plain M4 or M16A4 without a Surefire thangy or CQB grip on them, especially for use by rear-line units and/or tankies.

Will think wbout it in the future.

Problem is that would require redesign of the weapon itself, since there is literally no rail under the attachments. The M4 also has no full length rail guards.

This makes it more work than you assume it is. Needs new textures and maps aswell. huh.gif

@ Feb. 17 2009,20:38)]
I'd love to see a nice, plain M4 or M16A4 without a Surefire thangy or CQB grip on them, especially for use by rear-line units and/or tankies.

Will think wbout it in the future.

Problem is that would require redesign of the weapon itself, since there is literally no rail under the attachments. The M4 also has no full length rail guards.

This makes it more work than you assume it is. Needs new textures and maps aswell.  huh.gif

No rush, maestro. Just food for thought, cheers for the reply.

Switch to Remote is a Mando missiles thing where the warheads are looking for a laser designator.

I'm not sure if the LDs have the Mando Laser function on them - its not too hard to put it in at all.

I have done that in my missions quite easily - although not with ACE LDs.

[TAO] Kremator

Other: ...

Other other: ...

This is good feedback. If you have some time, open tickets on the ACE bug tracker for these things.

@Cameron -

I can certainly understand your point but its only kind of ascetically pleasing to have a base M4 variant for vehicle crews. There is no added pro or con, other than the way it looks to the player. Still, thats Panda's call.

Thank's a lot for ACE it's quite as good as i expected! And most importantly it's improving at a fast pace.

I'm very much in favour of the unity of the mod, and so are many people i talked to. Some like certain features, mostly restrictions to their cs playstyle, but overall they consider it important to have it the same for all.

The central paradigma for those restrictions, like stamina, movement etc is in my oppinion not necessarily to be realistic. This is not possible at all. But it is important to make the interaction of the players, e.g. the fight more realistic. A stamina system enforces you to reduce weight (less snipers with Javelins) and to make short dashes from cover to cover, where you regain stamina, a necessity.

haven't encountered any bugs that aren't posted yet.

shortcommings not posted yet are also minor: (please not state v 1.02)

- no supressive fire! sickboy you had code that seemed to work quite well in your Six Packs.

- sight adjustment not available for 1P29 scope on Pecheneng MG.

- group of RF are called USSR in editor (F2 dialogue)

- RF are rather unlikely opponents for the US, good old SLA ain't that bad.

A more general question:

is it possible to use the iron sights as backup or CQB sights with scopes mounted on AKs? it looks like the scope does not obstruct the sights? If that's possible it would be great to include those weapons into the CQB system, as they get implemented into the game.

Paragraphic I wrote:

Quote[/b] ]- the rucksack problem;

The arma-engine has a problem with magazines without weapon being carried.

could introducing a new weapon that accepts all magazine types as it's magazines a possible sollution? the weapon would be added like throw or put to every soldier. alternatively put could maybe be modified to accept all magazines. this is just a random guess, i've never looked deeply enough into the system to estimate the feasibility of this.

to conclude this mail:

Bloody GOOD mod you got there!

you can always use addons, ACE is environment, so on this environment you can use addons released by many addonmakers

Non ace weapons i find do not work well with ace weapons/ammo, and if its not in the ace package unlikely it would be used online or in missions.

non ace weapons do not have the same recoil/damage balance that ace has achieved.

one of the great things about ACE (and WGL before it) was how everything related to everything proportionality.

some other mods are very good, but they lack the unity that ACE brings.

I have downloads countless gigabytes of mods, only to have most of them end up sitting useless on my hard drive as they do not relate very well to each other (sort of like religions i guess - similar but with different priorities and definitions).

ACE i use every single time i play arma.

hello. first off let me say that this mod is fantastic and i like it alot smile_o.gif.

Now to my problem / question.

I find that the single player mission where you have to attack a convoy in the AH1, is simply not possible to complete, since you have no control over the AG missiles, or the ability to tell your copilot / gunner to switch to them. therefor making the AH1 unusable in single player missions or situations where you might not have a gunner in your aircraft.

I usually only play in single player mode, as i dont have the time to join squads etc.

so is there a way to get this fixed or do i have to leave those nice heli´s alone for now ? huh.gif

Im installing this mod now to 1.15beta, how do i join servers then? Just go in browser and search?

sry for offtopic

i was bored today and maked two sounds for ACE heli for AH-1W's and AH-64's

Have a look and listen too tounge2.gif

again sry for offtopic whistle.gif

I really love your mod but since i installed the 1.04 i have some problemes.

I can't deploy the weapon (shift+space) and i can't change the scope for the ironsight (shift+f). Shift+h for grenade and Shift+v for evaluating the distance doesn't work too sad_o.gif

I really likes theses features in the 1.02 so i will return on this version for the moment. If you have a solution, i am interest.

ps: sorry for my bad english.

Tell more info about..

-Are you running any other mods.

-Is it Arma 1.14 or Arma 1.15Beta

-Which mission are you running..

Also try those features by going into editor and putting a soldier on a map..

I find why it didn t work. It was a conflict with the addon IVD (Instant view distance). I deleted it and now Ace work fine and i can deploy again my weapon (hourah).

Someone know if there is an addon compatible with ace 1.04 who can change the view distance in multiplayer ?

I have found that IVD distance works perfectly with ACE. I have noticed no problems at all.

Not sure what else is happening with you..... are IVD and ACE the only mods you are running ?

[TAO] Kremator

I love this mod, I use it like this, ACE +ECS+GL+FFN. the best combination!

I do see some erratic bevahior on the AI, they disembark vehicles when being attacked.

an Abrams Tank with small arms fire!! could this be due to wrong positioning of the mod folders

or just conflicts between the mods. What positions give you the best alternative?

OK i have a problem: installed 1.15, then installed ACE. I go in 1.14, no servers, maybe one with around 30 people, others with less than 10.

So i went to 1.15, same thing.

Even the one tht has "high" population, kicks me back to server browser. Maybe i need some maps? Are there any map packs or something?

atm there are a lot of missions played on opterix islands - avgani 1.3, afghan village, as well as on ACE Island Pack

OPX Islands

ACE IP 1.10

please try to keep on topic though

sry for offtopic

i was bored today and maked two sounds for ACE heli for AH-1W's and AH-64's

Have a look and listen too  tounge2.gif

again sry for offtopic  whistle.gif

The Ah64 its quite close to the real sound, it does need to be cut down on the bass of the "chop chop" sound then it should be ok. A small thing to remember is that the Apache sound is not a constantly steady sound.

The sound of the blades is often overruled by the engines too in a random way and varies on loudness.

Apparently turning too sharply in an Apache makes the rotor blades a lot louder.

That Apache sample vid sounds a lot better than ACE.

Daniel @ Feb. 17 2009,20:33)]Apparently turning too sharply in an Apache makes the rotor blades a lot louder.

Thats correct.

I have them here flying over my house day in and out even at night for the last 10 years.

Hey just want to report some bug with the static ZSU 23:

Its not possible to change the elevation of the ZSU23M and the ZSU 23 has no aiming device.

Some bugs with tanks :

1) if you destroy them with planes this error message appears:

Quote[/b] ]Error in expression < _i = _i+1 }] do

{

if (isClass (_turret select ((_role select 1) select _i))) th>

Error position: <select ((_role select 1) select _i))) th>

Error Generic error in expression

2) you must turn out to change the elevation from commanders view in Abrams with the machinegun - bit dangerous if you're in combat  wink_o.gif

One request I have is to have a quick way of seeing who is around me, without having a cross hair.

I know I can examine people and then read their nick, but this is a very slow process and can often not be done "in the moment".

Because of the fact that turning off cross hairs in server difficulty also removes the ability to identify people around you, many servers such as Tactical Gamer leaves it on.

Which is sad when the focus elsewhere is so much on realism.

Or at least make the cross hairs much less accurate. In real life you have a somewhat feeling of where the bullets are going to go when you shoot from the hip,

but not anywhere as pin-point accurate as the game depicts it.

Or at least make the cross hairs much less accurate. In real life you have a somewhat feeling of where the bullets are going to go when you shoot from the hip,

this would be great and should be made a request on ACE forums.

this would be great and should be made a request on ACE forums.

As an option - not as default.

[TAO] Kremator

Quote[/b] ]Even the one tht has "high" population, kicks me back to server browser. Maybe i need some maps? Are there any map packs or something?

Most/many servers run with either equalmod or signed mods as an anticheat measure. Try to delete everything but ACE and you should be able to get in.

Quote[/b] ]Because of the fact that turning off cross hairs in server difficulty also removes the ability to identify people around you, many servers such as Tactical Gamer leaves it on.

As I wrote a few pages back, this should be implemented such that the server (or mission) can dictate what 'crosshair level' should be used, but the player can have the option to play with 'less crosshairs' if he so chooses. I really hate being enforced playing with crosshairs due to most servers requiring signed addons. I obviously can't sign my 'own' addon and release it as my own since it is derived from an existing one.

In my version, which I sadly cannot use anymore due to this, I have weapon cursors turned off, while locked indicators are shown. Have two versions of this for our clan members, one that shows friendly tags and one that hides them. Enemy tags turned off for our server naturally.

Makes me feel like a 'cheater' since I no longer cannot make life harder for myself confused_o.gif

ACE should try this 'server dictated but allow less' method first. If the complaint noise gets too high, remove the dictation possibility and let it be fully client side controlled. Servers needing to control it would have to turn off crosshairs, which is a really bad thing since it then looses lock indicators.