sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I also have a question to this?

Well maybe if my DL exe (from updater) has worked and I could start it up I would.  whistle.gif

I have 2 dedicated servers and on 1 it went ok, and on the other it didn't make it.

As far as I know they have the same rules in the firewall. How can this be??

Should I try to reinstall ACE to see if it solves the "problem"??

If I remember correct, the server had problems checking the filesize??

A showstopper bug was found, and resolved.

Changelog: <span style='color:#0066cc'>http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Changelog#v1.04</span>

Update - 12MB (already have A.C.E. installed)

You can update your Mod by running the included Updater (Windows Start Menu, or @ACE\Tools folder), or by downloading from below mirrors

(In case you update with the updater, if you get a message about sixarma-updater.exe being in use, please close the black dos window, and click Retry)

<ul>

[*]<span style='color:#0066cc'>6thSense.eu</span>

[*]<span style='color:#0066cc'>A.C.E. Home</span>

Double checked with v1.04 and I get:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">File not found or Site Error: dl2.6thsense.eu....

Could not verify fileSize

This is just the download, because if I download the patch I have no problems installing it.

my updater downloads but cannot run the installer..just stucks there after downloading the update.

1.02 --> 1.03

Has 'ace_sys_disposable' been dropped completely or are disposable AT launders still a WIP?

The subject about modules has been discussed to death already.

Chill out with your attitude and take a hour of your life to read the topic. Its worth it.

A patch with no fix for the shitty rucksack problems?

When you die stuff disappears, when you put your ruck in a vehicle stuff disappears.

Why can't you guys put everything in different modules available for download so people can pick and choose what they want to use? The weapons, the units, the ruck system, the stamina system, etc. There's not enough options in the user config, if there was, then people could disable the crap they don't want to use. It sure would make this mod alot more user-friendly.

Why don't you show some respect instead?

There is such a thing as prioritizing issues, it's a really smart concept actually - It means that game-breaking elements, like CTD's have to be resolved before anything. If you would just take a look at the bug-tracer over at the ACE forums, you would see that the rucksack-issue is being looked at - the rucksack-issue is definitely not a game-breaking element, and there is absolutely no point in delaying the entire patching process, just for a single bug of annoyance.

You can find the answer to both of your questions in this topic monty67t;

- the rucksack problem;

The arma-engine has a problem with magazines without weapon being carried.

- modules;

The mod started as a non-modular type mod and it's too much work to start making modules now.

And monty67t, you should really watch how you type stuff. These guys do this for free and don't make it for YOU! It's all stuff they like to play with and how they like to play with it.

And to answer in a true ArmA/OFP scene way:

If you don't like it, go make your own

Quote[/b] ]A patch with no fix for the shitty rucksack problems?

When you die stuff disappears, when you put your ruck in a vehicle stuff disappears.

Why can't you guys put everything in different modules available for download so people can pick and choose what they want to use? The weapons, the units, the ruck system, the stamina system, etc. There's not enough options in the user config, if there was, then people could disable the crap they don't want to use. It sure would make this mod alot more user-friendly.

i would avoid  words like "shitty" and "crap" when you talk about  something that you got for free and almost 100% sure you don't have the skills to make better .

I'm sure that as you ask it so kindly ACE team will fulfill all your demands  icon_rolleyes.gif

What are you my mother? I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. Stop being so soft and sensative.

This kind of comment makes programmers whish they could patch users too!

Changing some of those pesky

'Fix everything I don't like NOW'-bytes

in brains into

'Please dear developers, it would be great if you could spend some of your lifetime fixing this problem'-bytes

would sure make life a lot nicer for some of the more creative folks out there.

Maybe your mum does have a point!

biggrin_o.gif

Can I suggest that before releasing any further "guff" like the russian units, that you prioritise fixing the core issues, such as not being able to load wounded into vehicles, the wounding system etc. Seems a little daft to me to be adding more around a system that still doesn't do what it's supposed to.

I know what you mean!

I know the ACE scripters can not do everything at the same time......

I also hope to see a playable version of the MEDEVAC feature soon. It would be the first game (i know of) with this feature an would open up for completly new gamestyle. (focus on bringing all your men out -dead or alive- makes coop players stick more together and gives options for new sidemissions)

Love the MOD (including the turning while prone feature) -great work!

...my mom always used to say "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything"....

Anyways, GREAT work guys, constant updates is always a good thing. Funny isn't it, how an update can make someones day, I hope the ACE team know how many 'days' they've made for this community!

Thanks notworthy.gif

A patch with no fix for the shitty rucksack problems?

Simple: Unity.

And: Because they can.

Monty, it's seriously time for you to depart posting in this thread if you cannot actively control the manner in which you type. It's rude, and not appreciated.

Your personal issues considered, it's still rude and ignorant to be posting in such a manner. Are you drunk?

Imo the wound/healing system works good with human players but if you have to rely on AI your dead. AI teammates incl. medics dont go and heal/bandage human players.

Would be very nice to see a proper solution!  smile_o.gif

@ Mirror Hosters:

Thanks a lot! We will try to keep up2date with listing mirrors, however, I think we should find a single place to list them; soon smile_o.gif

Imo the wound/healing system works good with human players but if you have to rely on AI your dead. AI teammates incl. medics dont go and heal/bandage human players.

Would be very nice to see a proper solution!  smile_o.gif

Heya,

We're turning up the heat concerning the Wounding system,

some efforts have already been made here and there to fix up and finalize the system, we hope to bring you more of that in our future patches.

Enjoy thumbs-up.gif

Has 'ace_sys_disposable' been dropped completely or are disposable AT launders still a WIP?

WIP, Inkompetent has already stated it in this thread that he will rather aim for something more "perfect", ie not something like before which could CTD you wink_o.gif

I think the time is worth to wait....

i know this may sound dump but do i need patch1 and 2 to install patch3? (you know so i wont have missing stuff)

and sickboy check you pms (well at least rply)

@sickboy

A few days ago I sent to you PM with fixed Polish version of stringtable for ace_rucksack. I have sent it twice and I still have not received any answer yet. Should I post it here?

@sickboy

A few days ago I sent to you PM with fixed Polish version of stringtable for ace_rucksack. I have sent it twice and I still have not received any answer yet. Should I post it here?

Heya,

Sorry, my PM boxes are usually a minefield, and I usually try to avoid them smile_o.gif

Any dev-related things should rather be handled over at the acemod.net project tools, if you could move over there, this would be best suiting.

But i'll pinch around anyway, and see who's mostly handling the translations, to get back to you.

Thanks!

The "Open Back Door" on helos like CH-47 and Mi-17 will be (or already is) used to transport cargo, like jeeps or whatever?

Also, the last passanger on the Mi-17 "sits" on the roof of the helicopter, at least when using 1º person view. Is that a bug, a glitch or the model is sitting in the right place but the camera is bugged?

BTW, nice to see that your guys are already working in the Brads. Hope see more APC and IFV in the future versions. Keep the good work yay.gif

I really love your mod but since i installed the 1.04 i have some problemes.

I can't deploy the weapon (shift+space) and i can't change the scope for the ironsight (shift+f). Shift+h for grenade and Shift+v for evaluating the distance doesn't work too sad_o.gif

I really likes theses features in the 1.02 so i will return on this version for the moment. If you have a solution, i am interest.

ps: sorry for my bad english.

is there any way to change tracer color from OFPOR to white instead of green tracers? it's so unreal.

Also, Can I set up arabic voices to OFPOR instead of Independent?