sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I'd just hate to see the Bradley in ACE go. I'm not dumb enough to seriously try to do something like that. What would I use?

okay, you know how much hours was spent to make Leopards, Landrover hard top, UH-1 and some other things to P85? all those things were MADE AND RELEASED , but refused, thats why P85/Vilas made it our own hands :]

you know how much days ? ca.20 hours i spent on making hatches work ? you that other mods i was asking for help "you will help me in config, i will give you models"

you see hatches work on my vehicles, you have no idea it was 3 days 6 hours daily, whole weekend waisted, while it was promissed to me by other persons

I'd just hate to see the Bradley in ACE go. I'm not dumb enough to seriously try to do something like that. What would I use?

okay, you know how much hours was spent to make Leopards, Landrover hard top, UH-1 and some other things to P85? all those things were MADE , but refused, thats why P85/Vilas made it our own hands :]

you know how much days ? ca.20 hours i spent on making hatches work ? you that other mods i was asking for help "you will help me in config, i will give you models"

you see hatches work on my vehicles, you have no idea it was 3 days 6 hours daily, whole weekend waisted, while it was promissed to me by other persons

Don't treat me like a 3yr old. Of course I realize how much damn work goes into this stuff. That's why I'm always grateful, never complain about content and back up content makers when others b#tch at them.

I will remove that line and say this:

I apologize. No harm meant, I was kidding.

i am not angry smile_o.gif not a problem with comments to my side smile_o.gif

seems ACE mod was cheated by KH here, not ACE mod false in this issue

simply i would keep my work like other mods keep their own smile_o.gif

and if someone things i am making wrong ? please look at other mods

i can count my permissions to Leopards, LAV, weapons... but i don't want offtopic here, cause it is ACE topic

for me it was very big surprise and i reacted

Completely understandable, my apologies again.

ACE fellas,

These Russian troops are wonderful, not sure if you forgot the engineers or if that was intentional. Thanks for adding them. Now I gotta switch these guys in to a few of my missions, at least I use DAC for most it though.

Great job fellas.

"tanks from Mateck - he will not alow me to include M1A2 SEP to my west vehicles pack, i have M1, M1A1 i just missing A2SEP ;]".

Just to explain, Mateck never made any M1A2 SEP, he made M1s and M1A1HC and they are community free.

Vilas, A lot of missions are going to get unplayable by with no Bradley from this misunderstanding.

I can only hope you will decide to be "better than the rest" in this. You have my respect either way though, the Bradley is great.

Vilas, A lot of missions are going to get unplayable by with no Bradley from this misunderstanding.

a lot of my missions are unplayable because modern Polish army has no Patria

German army in P85 would not have tanks if i would not made them, Leo 2,  Leopard1, because other mods refused (BW mod helped us, i am not talking about BW)

do you think i made Leo1, Leo2 and some other because i was borring in home ? wink_o.gif those weeks i could spent on WW2 weapons pack development or P85 missionmaking

do you realise that due to refusals from other mods - we had no time to release P85

we could release in Decemeber, but we previously we had to add many vehicles we were refused (OFP addons including)

so if we were making our vehicles - we could not spent this time on missionmaking

LEO1, LEO2 are 2 examples, but it took few weeks of 2 people

a lot of missions are unplayble cause other mods have fantastic and suuuuper islands, just... it cannot be implemented in other mods

why Vilas must give all, why others not ? why i have to be different than A, B, C, D, E.... mods huh.gif

i am not angry with those mods, i understand them very well, i have no claims to them , not at all, but why i have to be different ?

now ACE topic looks like "let one man gives what other not give"

i dont wanna mess ACE topic , please do not make this topic like now you make discussing with me smile_o.gif

please accept that many mods keep their work exlusive to have downloads

and i repeat it is not ACE fault, ACE was cheated, ACE had no wrong intentions

people told me that in ACE mod there is my Bradley - i didn't give permission to my vehicles from VILL, VILW, VILE addons

only BOSS get permission to reskin green version to desert and use it

i am against - remove it

I really fail to understand the proprietary attitude expressed here when it appears the ACE folks have gone out of their way to ask for permissions and to acknowledge contributions.

I can understand wanting credit for hard work, what I can't understand is the attitude that something created for free, that can't ever be used commercially in Armed Assault "belongs" exclusively to one person.

Outstanding ... notworthy.gif

Think what BAS Tonal mod done for OFP ...  then add some ...

Well done guys !

I can live without the Bradley ..

My only gripe is no scud launchers for opfor

@vilas  

why you so against a mod as good as this  promoting your work .. surely this is an honour ?  

I cant believe  your eliteist attitude ..

You being a man who stands tall within the community ... share the spirt ..

Shame on you nener.gif

@vilas  

why you so against a mod as good as this  promoting your work .. surely this is an honour ?  

I cant believe  your eliteist attitude ..

You being a man who stands tall within the community ... share the spirt ..

Shame on you nener.gif

re read post back

okay, so now i will take FDF Patria - Polish army mod need it

my Landrover hardtop is worse than FDF, so i will take it too

Hellenic mod has super AH64, would be better for P85 too

RHS has T64, why not including in my vehicles pack

CSLA SKOT is better than mine, i will take it too

Puma helicopter was used by european countries, why not use it

of course i will write credits to all smile_o.gif

and i will take ACE Mk 416/417 and maybe other weapons as they will complete my units pack, why not

ooo and M1A2SEP (i thought it is Mateck, but it is ACE ??) nevermind, can i take it too ??

booo why not???

why i cannot take CWR Kolguyev into P85 ? would be super... how many missions on it can be made ... dreaming

when i read people here i don't understand one-side thinking

say shame on < to other mods, who refused to give vehicles

say it too to mods who do not alow to take their islands

say it too mods who keep scripts too

i don't accept attitude - one man must give, others not

end of irony :]

EDIT:::::

please do not mess ACE topic with endless discussion with me

please not harm ACE mod with endless "why you not give" posts

EDIT2:

Quote[/b] ]Well, you could ask if you can get them? Give some, take some.

I fail to see the necessity of making things twice.

count yourself mods that soon will release LAVs, Leopards, FALs, alice webbing gear, NSV on tanks, M1919 machineguns, MG4 machineguns.... etc...

i don't want back 100-th time to "i asked some mods about help in configs in the past", other mods had no time - okay, everyone is busy and has real life, why VILAS must be a "super-machine" who has time for all ?

i have worse configs ?? yes, cause i am spending time on modelling, if some other persons would be making my configs...

i really don't want back to this issue, hatches issue, dammage effects issues and many many more, which i had to figure out myself :/

i even have no time to make some easy things , so why i should suffer my own mods quality huh.gif

you have idea how many my weapons were made for other mod purposes, they needed - i was making for them weapons, i spent a hell of time and some of them seems now taking other weapons :/

vilas, i don't understand you. you keep asking why you should

give permission to a.c.e. to use your bradley when others have

refused, when the real question is "why not"? i can't think of a reason

why any modder wouldn't want to have his work included in

a.c.e. since it basically guarantees that their stuff is going to

be used and appreciated by A LOT of people. i mean that's why

you create mods and make them available to the public, right?

because you want people to use it...otherwise you could just

use it for yourself and keep it on your harddrive.

the arma/flashpoint community is one of the most active and

greatest around. but every now and again i find the behaviour

of some people here quite puzzling...and frankly disappointing.  huh.gif

EDIT

Quote[/b] ]please not harm ACE mod with endless "why you not give" posts

well, you could cut it short by simply giving your reason.

if your "reason" is seriously "because others do not..." then by

all means "keep" your bradley. end of discussion.

though i still totally fail to see what you think you "accomplish"

by that. most people would be glad if their hard work would

pay off in such a way...

and i will take ACE Mk 416/417 and maybe other weapons as they will complete my units pack, why not

ooo and M1A2SEP (i thought it is Mateck, but it is ACE ??) nevermind, can i take it too ??

booo why not???

Well, you could ask if you can get them? Give some, take some.

I fail to see the necessity of making things twice.

Vilas: I need Patria too for Slovenian Army mod. We have all the weapons done (FN F2000, FN F2000S, M72AB2, M72AB1, M80 Zolja etc.) along with units. But we moved to ACE because its what ArmA should be at the beginning and we also did mod our units to be totally compatible with current ACE.

I really respect all your hard work and I think a lot of hardcore milsim fans like myself would love to see your work included. Only thing we now use beside ACE are couple of pbos (islands, special units, Taliban 1.3...) and that makes events easier to organize.

Whhoo, more addon talk about addons/mods that will never be played... well maybe 30 some people will play it for a month...

And thats the crux, all the great 3dmax..etall work by very talented folks to make a mod that nobody will play let alone download it... bickering about usage. News flash, if its not in ACE, chances are it will never be used by the greater community.

Now can we fix them "Aimpoints" thnax.

I must say I am also another fan of the ol' Brad, hehe. Many a night of fun riding in her around.  biggrin_o.gif

I have to admit though, yet another example of the community changing--or is it just me? Back when I played America's Army Online I wanted something more, and that's when friends told me about ArmA and use to tell me about the old days on OFP--especially about the community and stuff they put out for it. When I first got ArmA the community seemed great, but now it seems like it's turning more into a WWE Hell in a Cell match than a community. Everyone is getting more short fused, wanting to keep things to themselves with a "make it yourself, b*tch" attitude, while others are either too quick to degrade a person left and right and still others try to steal hard work and pass it off as their own. Just what the hell has happened? I hope I'm not the only one here feeling this way. I have a lot of respect for guys that do this, especially seeing first hand how much complex work and stress it can be to get things right.

According to Webster under community the first thing mentioned in its definition is--"a unified body of individuals". I'm just not seeing it anymore; quite the opposite lately and it's a shame. You guys have a lot of spectacular ideas and amazing talents, and yet to see how attitudes are growing more cold (though I can understand to an extent)...I don't know. I just find it a major shame. People should be more about helping each other around here instead of trying to look down at one another or stealing from one another (not saying ACE, hell no....but many of us here have seen threads and releases from people taking credit away from the maker and putting it on the person doing the stealing sad_o.gif ).

Sorry for derailing the thread, but reading some of these posts--I couldn't help but ask what happened to us as a community?

Anyway, ACE Crew I can't help but offer my unwavering thanks and gratitude for all the hard work you guys have put into trying to make ACE THE best damn mod out there for ArmA. As far as I am concerned, this is where Arma truly started for me, as I've said previously--while some people want to say "well if you want realism, go enlist"--I can't because I'm in a wheelchair now. Thanks to Arma and especially all the hard work the ACE crew put in changing things, I'm able to escape and do the things I can't do IRL, even if it's only online milsim, sometimes we all need something as an "escape" from the crap in life.

ACE is the first things I tell my friends to download when they buy ArmA. I tell them don't even think about launching without ACE and now they know why I keep talking about it--I've converted my friends to the religion of ArmA through the sect of ACE, hehe.  biggrin_o.gif

Come on all.......time for a group hug! Just make sure you all keep your hands where we can see them.  tounge2.gif

1)Whhoo, more addon talk about addons/mods that will never be played... well maybe 30 some people will play it for a month...

News flash, if its not in ACE, chances are it will never be used by the greater community.

Now can we fix them "Aimpoints"  thnax.

____

2) ACE is the first things I tell my friends to download when they buy ArmA. I tell them don't even think about launching without ACE and now they know why I keep talking about it--I've converted my friends to the religion of ArmA through the sect of ACE, hehe.

3)a.c.e. since it basically guarantees that their stuff is going tobe used and appreciated by A LOT of people

if only ACE is super and worth dowloading.. huh.gif

you don't like CSLA ? than you will not play Tatra, BMP1, SKOT

you don't like RHS, you will not have Russian addons, T64, HIND

you don't like Robert Hammer ? than you will not play OC14 Groza

you don't like Boss, you will not have desert Bradley

you don't like IDF, you will not play Talibans

you don't like CWR, you will not walk through Kolguyev

you don't like FDF, you will not see super-fantastic island, Patria...

you don't like Vilas? not a problem, you will not play BMP1, BMP2D, 2S1 Gvozdik, Bradley, M113A2, LAV 25/III, AK103, Ak105, Ak107, SKS, M16A3, L1A1, FNC..... Colonial Marines etc... not a problem

but it doesnt mean someone has free right to do "super mod" containg all of those "best choose of few models from every mod"

Bradley and LAV25 are main reason why people download my VILW pack , and it is taken away, like BMP1, BMP2D, UAZ van, 2S1 is main power of VILE

if you treat my and others addons as never-downloaded - don't use my stuff nor others and thats all

Quote[/b] ]trying to make ACE THE best damn mod out there for ArmA.

i really don't want say again list of people i was asking for configs help

i also wanted good configs for my addons to make them better for community and more popular

go to other mods topics and discuss them "why you not give"

i don't want moderation to be angry because of endless "why not" discussion here you are provoking here

but i fully understan other mod makers - i really understand them, every of them made great effort to make their content downloadable

if you tell their job is useless content - don't use it

Quote[/b] ]Vilas is right, if he doesn't want to give a permission to use his work in other mods it shouldn't be a problem

thanx for ending this sensless discussion

someone call only one mod worthy download - than you have not many other models if you are ONLY aiming at one mod forgeting about many others

for permissions - please look back to posts before, many mods get my persmissions when it was not competee my own addons

about 5 mods get LEO, even BW mod would get LEO if they want to do earlier Army, but they focus on newest modern 2010 addons, not "quasi historical 1985-1995"

i say YES to new addons, i say NO to doubling addons (if competee), many mods use my addons without problem

Further discussion on the matter is not necessary, folks. The concern has been raised and I am sure the ACE Dev Team will address it.

Vilas, can you check your PM's and reply via PM?  smile_o.gif

Vilas is right, if he doesn't want to give a permission to use his work in other mods it shouldn't be a problem - it is his choose and he is allowed to disagree.

The other matter is the way to improve community's mods and addons. Moreover, members who belong to the teams of modification in this community always should find the consensus.

Please end responses to Vilas and Ace issue let them PM each other to get this ironed out.The more people comment on it the longer this goes on.

Thanks ChefD

Please end responses to Vilas and Ace issue let them PM each other to get this ironed out.The more people comment on it the longer this goes on.

Thanks ChefD

Ditto. vilas please try to settle it through PM.

Lets keep this topic clean, thank you.  smile_o.gif

If I could just mention one little idea...  the Desert M2A2 Bradley with ERA released awhile back might be a good compromise as it is a heavily modified version of Vilas's M2A2 and does not directly compete against the 80's era Bradley in the Vilas mod.  I was actually surprised that version was not used (with Vilas's permission) as it matches the M1A2 TUSK much better as it is a very modern version of the Bradley.

Anyways...I just wanted to mention that and I hope ACE and Vilas can work something out.  If worse comes to worse, someone will just have to convert the BIS M2A2 in OFP over to ArmA.  It takes a bit of work, but nothing impossible.

I converted an AAV7 to ArmA, so if an idiot like me can do it, then I'm sure that the talented people at ACE can do it.

So everyone needs to relax.  Give Vilas the respect he deserves (he helps TONS of mods including my own) and if him and ACE can't come to an agreement, I'm sure ACE can fix up the BIS OFP M2 model with rvmats and other additions.  Not too difficult.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sometimes I really find it hard to believe anymore what this community has become. Constant fighting about minor issues. The more there are separate indie mods the more trouble and conflicts it is going to cause.

Who suffers - the casual gamer who tries to figure out why the mods and addons won't work as expected.

Pls respect the basic forum rules...

When one clicks on this thread he likes to read ACE related issues/suggestion etc..

There are already many other threads where you can discuss the problems & future of ArmA, modding, community what not..

Forum Mod has already posted a warning if you care to read..

So plz stay on topic...and respect others.

TY

Turning while prone is a bit too slow... though I know it's by design so not a bug. But while in 3rd person mode, you can turn at default BIS speed while prone. So I consider that as a bug. Because it would give the AI an unfair advantage against human player

Thank you

To made an end to the current issue,

I would like to underline Vilas behavior and attitude which do not reflect P'85 MOD's image and way of thinking, the man has his reasons which are quite understandable but this sudden over-dramatization goes against our principles based on a community-wide cooperation.

I know this comes a little late, but I hope this won't break P'85 MOD image as we all contributed quite hard to build it and make it reach such an unexpected status.

Thanks and now time comes to let ACE topic make its long route...

Regards,

TB