sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

From the change log:
Quote[/b] ]Turning while prone is more restricted, you have to press a movement key together with the mouse to turn faster. [

ok so it's not a bug ? it's supposed to add realism ?

yes:

try this in RL. prone in the midle of your room, and now try to turn fast 180 degrees, without getting up. See what happens?

Also, i know there is a lor of ppl that have turned their floatzone to 0, you might wanna think about again. Also try and use the freelook in sights mode, as you have 160 degrees available.

feedback is welcome, don't treat it as a bug, as it is not though

I like the new movement restriction, it doesn't feel like I'm lying on a spinning plate any longer.

pufu: biggest question here is if AI has the same limitation? wink_o.gif yes?

Neat  tounge2.gif

I can't get sight adjustment (Shift+V) to work even with ACE mod only. Grenades modes and sight adjustment for M136 works fine though. And Why ace_keys.hpp says that the combination is Shift+V while shift is not defined in rifle section

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_keys

{

Elevation_Up = 200;   // Up

Elevation_Down = 208; // Down

};

class ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_keys

{

Open_Adjustment_Dialog = 47;   // Shift+V

};

class ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_keys

{

Toggle_Elevation_Info = 47; // Shift + V

Shift = 1; //1 - shift-combination, 0 - just the plain key

I also can't get J key (jump) to work...

Probably been raised before so I apologise in advance (as one doesn't get a lot of time to run searches from work).

Is ACE compatible with Queens Gambit?

Yes. I run it with it as does Toadball and many other members I would think...

Thanks old chap!

Thank you for the nice update. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it all the way because the first thing I noticed is a huge step back. Why aren't all reflex sights like Aimpoint, EOTech and such working anymore? Its horrible. I loved the previous versions because of the large amount of weapons with working sights.

As I read the Changelog I was looking forward to see all CQC sights working as they should.

What happened? I want them Back!

He is damm right. I would be nice, if the the working holosights will be back in the next version.

I agree totally with Freshman. The parallax-free EOTech- and Aimpoint-Sights have proved livesaving in many, many many situations I've been in since playing with ACE.

Why have all those sights been reduced to "Crayon Techâ„¢"? Simple glass plates with Red dots painted on it... It was working fine in 1.01.

Also the new eyepoints are really nice when using an Ironsight. But for eg. when using an EOTech, you're definitively too near, which cuts your FOV massivley down.

I'm disappointed that some weapons were removed too because some ACE team members feel that nobody uses those weapons.  I disagree.  Having a selection like v1.01 was great and you could select weapons based on the mission at hand.  

I get the crash to desktop on certain weapons because I have a ATI card (112 instead of 128 texture file).  I read the post about this over at the ACE Mod site and looks like a Hotfix is on the way.  That's good news for us ATI card users.

The AH-1W Cobra is hot! but I did find 1 problem...at start-up the main rotors are fine but when the rotors switch to the full rpm, the texture changes to a 4 blade rotors instead of 2.  Anybody else get this?  It seems to happen with the tail rotors too.

GD Mast

Mast, are you sure you get 4 blades? Can you make a screenshot if it happens. Because i got only 2 blades.... Might be another Lod, that has a wrong proxy. Will check that by the end of the week.

On the parallaxe effect, there were many sideeffects by the previous solution. Thats why the got cut out. With the reduced weaponsway, the impact shouldnt be that dramatic. But i might be wrong... whistle.gif

I'm disappointed that some weapons were removed too because some ACE team members feel that nobody uses those weapons.

There were 24 SCAR variants in 1.01 and now there are 40!

How do you call that less variety?

ps, I don't know if all 40 are in the ammobox but they're cfg's and there's models for them, so...yeah.

Aushilfe @ Feb. 10 2009,20:44)]On the parallaxe effect, there were many sideeffects by the previous solution. Thats why the got cut out. With the reduced weaponsway, the impact shouldnt be that dramatic. But i might be wrong... whistle.gif

Oh, that's sad. I prefer a properly working sight and don't mind the graphic glitches. I just get them in vehicle cargo (and actually didn't notice any in ACE yet, but I think I never sat in cargo).

The reduced sway reduces the impact, but now again I can safely choose ironsights to not get my view obstructed as much as with an Eotech.

The backpacks are even nicer now, as you can pack more stuff into them. But we had a new problem playing just a few minutes ago: When you put the backpack on the ground and pick it up again all content is added to your normal inventory. It was on a listen server, but they show the same behaviour in a SP game.

I agree totally with Freshman. The parallax-free EOTech- and Aimpoint-Sights have proved livesaving in many, many many situations I've been in since playing with ACE.

The problem with them is that they don't work for everyone. Some people see the Aimpoit dot or Eotech crosshair floating in mid-air in front of them, which is a bit of a cheat especially when crosshairs are disabled.

IMO they still do their job well. They are still a bit further from the camera than the standard ArmA Aimpoint.

The problem with them is that they don't work for everyone. Some people see the Aimpoit dot or Eotech crosshair floating in mid-air in front of them, which is a bit of a cheat especially when crosshairs are disabled.

IMO they still do their job well. They are still a bit further from the camera than the standard ArmA Aimpoint.

I thought that problem only appeared with ATI cards of the 2000, 3000 and probably 4000 series. I have got a 3870 myself and the first addon that worked without showing them because of the alpha-bug-bug was Aimpoints Desert Weapon pack. Instead it had the transparent cone that removed the vehicle when in a cargo animation with your weapon in sight, but I could live with that.

As I didn't see the crosshairs/dots in ACE I assumed it should work for others, too. sad_o.gif

how do you disable the stamina?

i removed the ace_sys_stamina pbo but when any unit i play fires his primary weapon, the bullets shoot into the ground?

i just want to turn the stamina off please.

thank you

I don't think it's possible unless there's a game logic that does it. I know this has been discussed in the thread so try a "print this topic" find for a better answer then mine.

Just registered here, I want to congrat all the devs and whoever put some effort to make this mod possible. Suberb job, keep it coming smile_o.gif

Now some questions (may be answered before, but 84 pages..):

1 - Where I change the parametres to keep the Radio Silence, as fatured HERE ? HERE

2 - I know your guys are waiting ArmA 2 and the new AI "system", that means no further development for AI in the current version?

3 - Why is the Apache so damm loud compared to the sound of others vehicles? It almost make me deaf! And something like the jet sounds in the XAM mod would be cool...

Again, thanks for the mod, was waiting it since the ArmA release.

Just registered here, I want to congrat all the devs and whoever put some effort to make this mod possible. Suberb job, keep it coming  smile_o.gif

Now some questions (may be answered before, but 84 pages..):

1 - Where I change the parametres to keep the Radio Silence, as fatured HERE ? HERE

2 - I know your guys are waiting ArmA 2 and the new AI "system", that means no further development for AI in the current version?

3 - Why is the Apache so damm loud compared to the sound of others vehicles? It almost make me deaf! And something like the jet sounds in the XAM mod would be cool...

Again, thanks for the mod, was waiting it since the ArmA release.

Those parameters are changed in the Dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp. It explains it there. I believe it's the first thing there.

Here's a little trick to search through these massive threads.

At the top of the thread look just under the page numbers and you'll see "print this topic".(Or on the bottom of a thread just above the page numbers.) Click on this and when the page comes up go to Edit on top of your browser and click on Find. Then just do a key word search for what you are looking for.

Usually it's a lot faster then asking in the thread, unless it's not there of course.

Welcome and it's nice to have you around. pistols.gif

how do you disable the stamina?

i removed the ace_sys_stamina pbo but when any unit i play fires his primary weapon, the bullets shoot into the ground?

i just want to turn the stamina off please.

thank you

If you unpbo the ace_sys_stamina.pbo, you will find a file called XEH_PostInit_Once.sqf. Open this file in notepad and look for this:

// Configurational GVs for mission makers.

ACE_NoStaminaEffects = false;

ACE_NoHeartbeat = false;

ACE_NoBreathing = false;

ACE_NoBlackout = false;

Change every false to true, save it and turn it back into a .pbo file. That's what we did to disable the ridiculous stamina system. After all, we are roleplaying professional soldiers, not overweight couch potatoes. I was in the Army for many years and if any of us would have been in as bad as shape as ACE makes you, we would have all had our asses ran to death until we could do our jobs.

Hopefully this will be some added to the list of things you can disable in the clientside config.

I agree that the Apache sound is incredibly loud and annoying. I don't use the Apache mainly because it's so damn annoying. I've been around them in real life at Ft.Hood and I don't remember them sounding that loud and annoying in real life. PLEASE I beg you guys to change that Apache rotor sound to something else.

Aside from that the RPG guys are way too accurate and engage at extremely high ranges. It seems that they engage enemy vehicles past 500 meters with deadly accuracy.

In real life, they are rarely shot from distances greater then 300 meters except as crude form of artillery.

Another bug I have is that the SPG-9 has no sound when it fires. Is anyone else getting that bug?

On a positive note, I really dig the body armor simulation on the infantry. I took quite a few hits before I took a hit that required a medic. Even then, it seemed that where I got hit (and by what) determined how badly I got injured.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

After being around helo's in the military for so long, I can tell ya that the Apache is the loudest, most rumbly helo I ever encountered in the US arsenal.

The CH-53 was equally as loud, but not as annoying.

Harriers need a muffler in real life. Ingame is subdued lol!

I thought that problem only appeared with ATI cards of the 2000, 3000 and probably 4000 series. I have got a 3870 myself and the first addon that worked without showing them because of the alpha-bug-bug was Aimpoints Desert Weapon pack. Instead it had the transparent cone that removed the vehicle when in a cargo animation with your weapon in sight, but I could live with that.

As I didn't see the crosshairs/dots in ACE I assumed it should work for others, too. sad_o.gif

i have a 4870X2 and when i use m21 with reflex i get the red dot on middle of my screen even when crosshairs are disabled. using ecotechs i used to get a transparent cone also fromt he sight, but not encoountered this yet in 1.2